Saturn Sky Forum banner

Vanity Plates

21K views 89 replies 52 participants last post by  Formansky 
#1 ·
When registration renewal time rolls around on the Wife's 2009 Ruby Red Redline we will be going with personalized plates. With this car, it just seems the right thing to do. I believe here in Virginia you can have up to seven letters or digits. Any good suggestions out there other than obvious:

SKYHIGH
MYSKY
REDSKY

#8 ·
Have several ideas ready.
When we did ours we sent in twice with 3 choices on each.
We tried red hot, redline, red sky, our sky, (my favorite one but to many letters) norm4kds (no room for kids), and r sky.
None of these where available. Finally the woman in the plates dept called us and we went further down another list befor we got one we wanted.
We ended up with SUMR SKY

#20 · (Edited)
REdskyman I got ya by 100hp on the 31 Fountain but ya still got me on the car... Can't touch you there. Sitting in Indianoplis tonight. Loading in Lafeyette in the morning. Leave the keys on the dash and I'll take care of that red beauty for you. No charge on the transport to OBX. :cheers:

#14 ·
#16 ·
I don't want to anger anyone, but personally I find it trite to put the name or color of the car in the license plate. My rational is you have 7 digits available and the viewer is looking at the car. The color is obvious and generally the name is on the car.

When I see a Beemer that says MYBMR the first thing I think is the person who designed the license plate was clueless about what to put on the plate. I mean, its a BEEMER and probably silver with no bods. A Star Bucks cup in every holder and a shiny new leather brief case on the front seat.

I like ones like BMRMEUP which forces me to think, "what is the message?" Star Trek. Age group. Hippie? I mean, its cute and not obvious and has multiple potential meanings

or SCTSOUT. Now that is a Cavalryman I can identify with!

or OLDBILL. Also a Cavalryman.

Or BUTDKTR for a proctologist

TOEFNGS for a foot doctor

E I0R for E = I over R either Eior or an EE (see Ohm's law)

Have a message about YOU not just the car.
Make it interesting and NOT obvious
Make an effort to be creative and send a message, not just fill up the empty space on the plate

:jester::grouphug:

#24 ·
A stripper I once knew had a convertible Corvette, and the plate read "TOPLESS". Dual meanings....

#30 ·
Im a little late here, but also kinda new so.............
I actually started checking out vanity plates MONTHS before I bought my Sky. As you might guess all the good ones were taken. But that said.....
As my Forum Signature says... my plate is SKY RYD I think THATS unusual and not to "vain"

#31 ·
I just put in application for my new personlized plates last week.. *tried of people reading OH2 HOT as "H"2O HOT.. :rolleyes: and asking me what it means.... lol..... hopefully its not taken(we can't check on a web site to see if its available or not.... have to wait 3 to 4 weeks)
My new plate will read
~ DV8 ~ .:cool: let them figure that.one out.....
as long as it gets passed through ICBC.. *fingers crossed*

#33 ·
Just picked up my Ruby Red on January 2nd, and new to the group. Spent quite a bit of time researching available plates on the Texas website. These were all still available:

NO TKTS
A RED 1
2B TPLS
LIKE IT
MAYBE
AVALBL

My final choice:
GET AWY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.