Saturn Sky Forum banner

were can i buy cup holders

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  MARVIC 1 
#1 ·
im looking for the one's that 's dual at the back of the console,below the cubby.were you put small items at.

#6 ·
It's straightforward, but long winded. You have to remove the back panel (waterfall) to get to the cupholder screw behind it. Everything just unclips, but you first have to remove the sills, then the rear 3/4 panels and lastly the waterfall. Just be careful with the 3/4 panels (use a lever type panel popper from behind) and the waterfall clips can shoot off into the darkest corners, if you're not careful there too :)

Once you get the rear panel off and out, the cupholder install should be pretty self-evident.

Lots of panel removal info and photos in this thread (you WON'T need to remove the seats for this): Kappa Specific Sound Deadening Kits

#8 · (Edited)
My best advice, FWIW, is not to replace it at all. Saturn discontinued it for a good reason - it was crap, prone to damage and in an awkward location.

It is a sports car, after all, and some of the "amenities" we'd associate with a Soccer Mom van are not really all that important - or necessary.

If you really need something beyond the single swing out one in the passenger foot well, try the console mounted open dual cup holder or, my favorite, the KappaKrap heavy wire one that fits near the swing out OEM, is made of wire and is cheap. Not sure it's still made, though.

Too bad Saturn didn't just remake the waterfall without the cover plate when they discontinued the cup holders. Cheap out, but typical.

#12 ·
Ok, I understand, because even if I went through all the trouble and effort to install in an 09, & without breaking anything, then I would still have to get a knife to gouge out a hole where the cupholder is. My console is one entire plastic piece and the cupholder has been sealed shut. So, I don't think I will do this. Thanks for the input!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.