Saturn Sky Forum banner

CURT Trailer Hitch

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  swl927mx 
#1 ·
Make me an offer.
See link for more information.
#1119 Only fits Base model.
All hardware and instruction sheet included. NO drilling. Mounts right up to vehicle. Bike rack can fit into hitch as well.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It is doubtful that you can purchase a 2" receiver for a SKY. Reasons:
1) Saturn is against the SKY pulling a trailer per their documentation.
2) I bought a Curt 1" receiver hitch, and I don't recall seeing a 2" offered.
3) With the recommend against a trailer, I would not think that that large of load should be pulled behind a SKY.
4) The 1" receiver is hardly noticeable unless you look closely.

I pull a small trailer equipped with a clam shell, .... like motorcycles use or often mounted on top of a SUV or station wagon. The trailer is about 250 pounds at the most, probably less, and it is perfect for loading up all the wife's 'stuff' that she likes to have along. We can even take along a cooler of wine and beer and two sets of golf clubs!:cheers:

#8 ·
I installed a hitch on my Redline. This hitch won't work on a Redline. To install, the exhaust has to be lowered until the hitch is installed and then raised back up. I've bought a motorcycle trailer to pull on trips.

#10 ·
OK, I will do a little confession about my near term plan .............

Yes, Gladmaker is correct, a base model hitch won't work on a Redline, ...... unless you cut the left side hitch to match the right side, giving the exhaust the needed clearance.

Of course, Curt doesn't want you to do that, but as I see it that is all that is needed. With the Redline exhaust ready to be installed on my base model, and the base model hitch already cut to give the clearance, I believe it should fit with no problem. I'll cut the left side rear valance to match the right side exhaust rectangle of the valance, then all should fit right together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.