Saturn Sky Forum banner

XM Radio

6K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  27rings 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Sky and have never activated XM Radio. I recieved a letter from XM Stating that my vehicle has XM Radio and that I could get it activated for $4.99 for 6 months plus taxes.

What exactly do the Taxes amount to? This would be for a pre Paid 6 months then revert to $12 something automatic renewal unless i cancelled.

Is this a good deal?:skep:

#3 ·
I signed up for the $77/year deal yesterday.

#4 ·
Pay for Radio???

Just can't do it

Sure the 6 months free were kinda nice, but too many drop outs in the Burgh. :(

Shoot, I'm still plenty happy with the Std radio playing MP3's :)

Perhaps some day..

#5 ·
I only did it since I have some daily commutes that take an hour each way. The mp3 cds get old quickly and I hated having to change radio stations as they lose signal. Otherwise I completely agree with you on paying for radio.

#6 ·
After my subscription is up on the Sky, i don't think I am renewing, I'm tired of the Censorship on Pay Radio :wtf::mad::mad:

#7 ·
Hey gang,
Did a search on this but didn't find a definitive answer...

My '07 wasn't equiped with the XM module (which I think I read is located in the truck area). My radio of course still has the CAT button and is supposed to be XM compatible. All I'm missing is the XM Receiver.

Does anyone know if a plug & play module was created for those of us who didn't get the option? I'm looking to use the OnStar antenna and hopefully keep the setup as stock as possible.

Thx!

*ss*

#8 ·
I had both antennas removed from my car.
I use the application Pandora radio on my iphone ,its free and no goofy dj.

#9 ·
On Ebay from time to time there are XM Roady type receivers, and you can get the small magnet type antenna for each car PLUS put an antenna in your house THEN the Roady transmits the signal through any radio, you set the frequency on the Roady and match it on your radio dial, and you are good to go, easy to move from car to car with the cigarette lighter power cord....this way you only pay one monthly fee for XM and have flexibility to use in your total fleet and home as well....just my $.02

#11 ·
XM and online service

FYI:
I called up today (9/3/09) to cancel my XM as there was going to be NO WAY I would pay full price. They offered me the $77 deal again. I told them
"I STILL wanted to cancel" because they now want 2.99 extra for the online radio I used to get for free. They then said they would offer me a credit for my next years online service. So you can STILL get online for FREE! :D
Henry

#13 ·
reviving an old thread...

I have a 2007 Sky and have never activated XM Radio. I recieved a letter from XM Stating that my vehicle has XM Radio and that I could get it activated for $4.99 for 6 months plus taxes.

Anybody have a link to a new deal for XM/Sirius? I saw one for $25/six months, but it looks like it's expired.

#16 ·
NOTICE! The following is my personal experience and opinion and may not be the same for you.

From my experience, if you don't want to continue to pay for radio, then don't even try the free service. I did that and got hooked on it. Playing CDs in the car got old and I despise listening to commercials every few minutes so I seldom would turn on the radio when I was driving.
Now with XM I seldom turn it off. There are so many channels that you can get what you like to hear. In my Sky the controls are on the steering wheel to change channels, volume and mute. I LOVE it! And the music sounds great with the Monsoon.
As far as censorship, I don't like to listen to anything that needs to be censored so that's not a problem for me.

#22 ·
IMHO, just be careful giving those scoundrels your CC number...
they can easy fart and change their policies..(they have in the past)..

#26 ·
Just wait until you want to shut down the automatic renewal clause. It took me an entire morning on the telephone to opt out of the auto renew after the initial low price service. I park the car every year for almost 5 months over winter and did not want to go through that whole process ever again. Loved the programing, but never again for me.

#28 ·
Update - Called XM last Saturday. I asked for the $25/6 month rate and got it right off the bat. No hassle.

An added bonus was they didn't object to billing me. I did not have to give them a CC number and risk an automatic renewal at full rate.

At the end of the six months I'll see what deal I can get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.