Saturn Sky Forum banner

Glad I found this forum

4K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  Robotech 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought my 2008 Redline about three weeks ago. Loving it. Just wish I would have bought her new off the showroom. She has some miles and a couple blemishes but hey don't we all.
Looking forward to reading through the threads.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#10 ·
I'm shocked. A negative comment from MM!
:grin:

Welcome aboard Lady Leatherneck, there is a huge wealth of knowledge here.......Enjoy

Terry
:cheers:

Reactions: Lady Leatherneck
#7 ·
This is a check list that I offer to new owners for their consideration.
1 Lubricate the sliding portion of top mechanism over the doors to preclude pinching.
2 Visually inspect the slide plate over the doors for tightness and wear.
3 Check operation of the roof latch
4 Visually inspect the windshield to top gasket. Looking for tears, holes etc.
5 Check operation of buttress latches, lubricate as necessary
6 Query owner about wind noise. Consider adjusting windows to eliminate same.
7 Check tightness of top when up and locked. Adjust as necessary (left and right)
8 Pull the center console and check for cracks. Notify owner as necessary.
9 Cycle both cupholders and check operation. Lube as necessary.
10 Check operation of dash trunk release button.
11 Pull the right carpet front and visually inspect BCM area
12 Cycle driver's seat height adjustment to verify operation. Lube as necessary.
13 Check trunk operation. Verify condition of torsion bars.
14 Visually inspect trunk pressure release valve left rear trunk
15 Visually inspect flap activation cables for operation and condition. Lube as necessary
16 Visually inspect trunk cable assembly, connectors etc.
17 Visually inspect and lube as necessary buttress release cable
18 Check trunk light for operations.
19 Check trunk drain area. Clean as necessary.
20 Verify operation of trunk forward drains, left and right. Clean as necessary
21 Verify proper operation of convertible top folding mechanism.
22 Verify condition of rear window glass and defroster
23 Check / service trunk lid hold down rubber feet.
24 Visually inspect inner fenders for rubbing / wear inside rear wheel wells
25 Check door hinges for operation, service as necessary
26 Check wheel hub bolts (three per wheel) for proper torque (or if missing)
27 Visually inspect shocks for condition / leaks / operation
28 Verify condition of wheel bearing condition.
29 Inspect condition of wheel electrical connections
30 Check break pads / disks for wear
31 Verify brake fluid level and condition
32 Verify operation/ adjust parking brake (forward portion of rear calipers cable activated)
33 Visually inspect condition of all charge tube clamps.
34 Check air cleaner filter element condition
35 Inspect intercooler drain tube, check for presence of oil, water or contaminates
36 Inspect the PCV valve for proper operation (can dump oil into the intake on turbo cars)
37 Check tightness of exhause bolts, mounts
38 Check tightness of turbo shield
39 inspect / service battery terminals
40 inspect / service engine ground terminal
41 check all fluids. Verify mileage / life are within required values
42 Visually inspect the differential for leaks and condition of mounts
43 Pop open the key fobs to verify the integrity of the solder joint to the battery retainer
Check sills (front and rear) for dents/cracking caused by improper lifting
44 Check under front bumper for scratches/tears from parking/road 'mishaps'
45 Check lower intercooler intake area for ingested debris (leaves, bags etc.). Clear out if necessary.
46 Check under driver and passenger side floor carpet for dampness, both in front and behind the seats - can indicate cabin leaks.

#9 ·
Welcome to the Forum, Lady Leatherneck...
The Forum has a wealth of information, knowledgeable members and sometimes differences of opinion..... but it's great!
Rob The Elder's checklist is a good one and deserves attention. When you find the time, go through it with your Sky.You won't regret it. It's not that scary.
Best wishes on your new ride! Have fun!

#14 ·
Welcome to the group. Green RL with a 5 spd... oh there is a permagrin for sure in that set up. The guys are right here... go over Rob's list of what to look for in your Kappa. Well worth it, still have my check list and on occasion go over it from time to time. Bout to do it again before the National's Run after the Father's Day visit from the grandson.

What you have there is a different model, from a car company that is no longer in business. Don't let that fact scare you in the least bit, as you can take it to a GM dealership, if need be? Being that this model and color combo something you won't see... is anything else like it when your out and about. The attention factor it receives, when driving along, or stopped at a red light, or maybe at the gas station, still get's me when I drive mine to this day.

There is loads of info on this site. Many are here willing to help when you have a problem or concern. While we owners may have a difference of opinion from time to time.. you think LAC.. just a bit? lol Yeah.. for the most part, but all are good when it comes to the permagrin. You will know what I mean, when your done with your ride, park your car, take one final look...and smile. Yup you made a good choice.. that smile on your face says it all.

LAC

#38 ·
Mike,

Looking forward to it, Little Missy #565 is still going strong. She only has 34,500 miles on her, but I have been driving her much more lately. She could use a new coat of paint and she has picked up a couple of driver side dents. I recently replaced both of the red lollipop retention clips on the tulip panels. I have taken the lambo door kit off of the driver side door and will soon be taking it off of the passenger side. It never seems to fail I get her out in the morning and get caught in the rain on the way back to the house.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.