New Member Section Drop in, say Hi and get to knwo the community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hey Guys

I pick up my 2007 Redline in 5 days! very excited. It will be my first 2 seater, my last vehicle was a 2008 Mustang GT. The car was fun but the gas was killing me. This will be my first 4 banger and my first car with a turbo or supercharger. I am very excited to get into it. I will probably keep the mods light and tasteful, I understand that a tune is a must for these vehicles.

BTW my name is Ryan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome Ryan! Cant' wait to see what you do to it.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome. I know you're going to enjoy it.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:19 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome.

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
More new members every week it seems. Welcome to the Permagrin Club. Oh your face is gonna hurt so much soon, trust me. While it is a four banger, don't be fooled by its power, or its handling this car can be quick when pushed, I pushed mine up near 100 mph just about an hour ago. Yup works well. You will learn a lot from our group of guru's, lot of knowledge among the many owners out there. Many things to look for when you do get your Kappa. The 10 commandments of what to look for, by Rob the Elder is a must read for any new owner.

Photos are must. Inside joke but don't hesitate to ask, IF you can find what your looking for under the search feature. People keep buying the Kappa for some strange reason.. as Robo put it, we have many vendors who still support the model, from a dead manufacturer and all these smiling faces on the owners still. The unknown secret is out, shhhhh.... don't tell anyone now. Be prepared for the attention factor it will bring to your day! Neighbors, co-workers, the ten year old in mom's mini van at the next stop light. You have been warned.

LAC
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jackbird60
Hi Good lucky with your Red Line Sky. I bought mine (Base model) 2009 low miles and just love it. No problems so far. (Only been 5 months though), but loving it. Ruby Red color.

You said you had a 2008 GT. I Thought the GT were able to accept reg gas? Maybe I am thinking of the 4.6 liter engine.

Only reason I ask, is the Turbo model requires Premium, and here in the Chicago region, Premium is about 90 cent more. The reg base models recommend Premium but can run on reg. (The computer automatically retards the timing etc, you lose a tiny bit MPG, and a bit of power, but in my model, I haven't noticed it, then again, I not racing it a lot. I do at times put premium in, when I fill up at Sam's Club since it's only about 35 cents difference.

Anyway, have fun with your new SKY, you'll love it for sure!! You should flat out fly in that model!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbird60 View Post
Only reason I ask, is the Turbo model requires Premium, and here in the Chicago region, Premium is about 90 cent more. The reg base models recommend Premium but can run on reg. (The computer automatically retards the timing etc, you lose a tiny bit MPG, and a bit of power, but in my model, I haven't noticed it, then again, I not racing it a lot.
The Sky Redline does NOT normally require premium gas, though it IS recommended.

Now, if you have installed the GMPP upgrade, then yes, premium becomes required. I don't know if premium is required for other tunes (i.e. Trifecta), but if you have a stock Sky Redline, the computer will adjust for regular gas.

2008 Red/Red/Redline
Ordered 06/08/07
Built 07/20/07
Delivered 08/07/07
Destroyed 03/02/17
Replaced 03/19/17
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jackbird60
Hi mbeardsley,

That's correct, I stand corrected thanks! I read that in error somewhere, since I am not home to grab my owners manual.

I have the base which I know will accept regular as well. Thanks for the correction.

Jack
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thank you guys, it has been almost a week since I have owned the Sky and I love it. Once I figure out how to post pictures I will do just that haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > New Member Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.