2004 XC90 vs. MDX vs. Touareg vs. Explorer - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion Discussion about owning, loving, lusting, or coveting roadsters and other small RWD'rs and "other" general vehicle discussion. Competitive vehicles, other "cool drives" and other discussion related to the ownership experience.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Thanks, Nova.

Don't expect to have to tow anything with it and currently the plan is for the SUV to me my winter car and be able to go pick up the kid at daycare/school (my wife does most of the time but sometimes she needs me to) without having to stop home first to drop off the Sky and pick up the Jeep. Now in the winter after the blizzard we're down to 1 car so it's very inconvenient.

Another reason i listed those suv's is because they have a 3rd row seat which would come in handy as kids grow up and you have to carry around their friends and crap.

Have not driven any of them yet but my in-laws have a '04 Expedition which i have driven, so i assume it's similar to the Explorer just hoping the Explore doesn't feel like such a bus.

Good call on Carmax. There's one within 15miles of me which i can visit and probably get to look at the all at once.
NYRhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 01:01 AM   #17 (permalink)

That's true, the extra seating is useful! You can kind of get used to the "bus" feeling with the expy...

Like all cars that go through many generations, I believe the Explorers have had good and bad years.

I know we saw that in the MB E classes we drove (06-08 were "eh, this is a Benz??" the 2010s are much nicer, and the 2012s are just as nice but with a little more power).

Carmax is not a bad place to shop. They really do a good inspection and they price fairly.

Good luck in your search!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #18 (permalink)

We have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe Z71 edition with 99,400 miles and not a single problem to date.

Hers - '08 Bluestone Redline. GMPP tune, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone, debadged (mostly). FOR SALE
roadstersol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

Carmax is the biggest crock since the first used car dealership. There is literally no difference in the cars on their lots and they've somehow convinced dumb people that they're doing them a favor by charging every bit as much as everybody else but not negotiating on their prices.
rghoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rghoskins View Post
Carmax is the biggest crock since the first used car dealership. There is literally no difference in the cars on their lots and they've somehow convinced dumb people that they're doing them a favor by charging every bit as much as everybody else but not negotiating on their prices.

not disagreeing with you, just that i view Carmax as a place where i can test drive most/all of the suv's i'm considering at the same time rather than driving to 3-4 different car leaderships. Don't think i'd necessarily buy from them.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockey23 View Post
not disagreeing with you, just that i view Carmax as a place where i can test drive most/all of the suv's i'm considering at the same time rather than driving to 3-4 different car leaderships. Don't think i'd necessarily buy from them.
I can agree with that. I'd never buy a car there though.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

stick with the volvo, theyre supposed to be very safe.

or get a vue rl awd and have fun.
GM Stage 1 Tune|Solo Street Race Exhaust With Magnaflow Mufflers|GMR 8K HIDs|Parking Light Leds|License Plate Leds|Little Chromies|3rd Brake Light Vinyl:REDLINE|GMR Pulsating and Sequential Taillights|
|V3nom| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
stick with the volvo, theyre supposed to be very safe.

or get a vue rl awd and have fun.
Would be my first choice as i'm a Volvo fan but being it's a 10yr old car i'm afraid of a car that's expensive to maintain/repair.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockey23 View Post
Would be my first choice as i'm a Volvo fan but being it's a 10yr old car i'm afraid of a car that's expensive to maintain/repair.
You should go ahead and 86 the Volkswagen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion