Alright... so the first real "snag" came up when i changed manifolds. Bottom line is the one i got was a custom piece built by someone who had some mods done that I didnt have. Unfortunately I didnt know this, so i figured it would work just fine on my motor... WRONG! lol
Took some time and a lot longer than any manifold install should, but she is finally on. I had to make some custom hardware because a standard M10 nut did not work. Also I had to source a step down stud because the hillbillies that did the head must have stripped a bolt and then just tapped it out to M12. So I bought a stud from an off road racing shop which has a stud that steps a M12 down to an M10 like the rest of my manifold studs. finally the guy who had this before me had a solid motor mount. I did not, so I had to grind a little bit of the aluminum off of the motor mount bracket to get it to clear.
I hope that the rest of the build moves a lot smoother than this, because it was frustrating that every day i went to work on the car, something else didn't work. And unfortunately the car is about 1 hr away from where I live currently, so it was extra frustrating because of this. Anyway, the pics of the goods:
My $20 stud
(min order from SOR offroad M12->M10 stepdown stud)
Custom nuts that I drilled and tapped to clear the manifold:
Water neck was ground down to clear the T6 compressor cover and repainted. I replaced the top stock hardware with an appropriate cap screw. You can also see the BALLIN $20 stud.. (closest to the water neck on the bottom row):
Prepped and ready to go on:
Final result... the manifold is on for the last time!
Finally got a targa top to keep my head dry/wind out
Got the fuel rail inside so the o-rings would soften up and i could fit them in the titan fuel rail. -10 dual feed with a -8 return (PS these things sucked. It took me about 20 attempts to get the o-rings to seat without rolling up. Tons of Vaseline and a lot of patience!)
Ive been plugging away and getting stuff cleaned up... last night i finally finished up my intake manifold. Hoping to get the motor buttoned up soon!
Finished up the triple setup with some nice new socks. Airtrex FS160, FS210, FS180 were the socks i used and they fit well and still go in the stock bucket in the tank...