Scion FR-S Named AutoGuide.com Car of the Year - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > In the News > Roadster/Small RWD Market Competition
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Scion FR-S Named AutoGuide.com Car of the Year

Does it deserve it?

Quote:
The AutoGuide.com Car of the Year has to be a stand-out winner among its competitors, and whether it’s a compact car, a luxury sedan or a sports car, it must set new benchmarks in its class. It must also be an important car, for the automaker, for consumers and for the automotive history books.

For those reasons the winner of the first ever AutoGuide.com Car of the Year is none other than… the Scion FR-S.

A sports car should be agile, well-balanced, responsive and intuitive, responding to driver inputs. The FR-S takes these qualities to an impressive level and flatters the driver, making almost anyone look and feel like a professional behind the wheel.

An engaging daily drive, hit the track and it’s easy to make this car fly. And yet going fast is hardly the primary objective, of the FR-S, or of any sports car for that matter. Those who think so, as well as those who criticise the fact that it makes “just” 200 hp, have missed the point.
Read the complete story about the AutoGuide.com Car of the Year on AutoGuide.com

AutoGuide.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

no. its slow.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (13)
To begin with...does the spokesperson shave? Did u see that interior? And the one thing he did say correctly...the Scion is being phased out of the Toyota line up...he did not say those words but that is what he meant.... maybe this car can save the Scion (not)....and of course, it is ugly.
marlboromike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
To begin with...does the spokesperson shave? Did u see that interior? And the one thing he did say correctly...the Scion is being phased out of the Toyota line up...he did not say those words but that is what he meant.... maybe this car can save the Scion (not)....and of course, it is ugly.
completely agree.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

I don't think the car is bad looking. It looks better with a spoiler and in person, but it's not the "Car of the Year" till they give us one with forced induction... Come on Subyota make it true competition with the WRX line. It definitely looks better than a high performance station wagon.

"Fly Navy"

1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z (R.I.P.)
1993 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 150K
2004 Saturn Ion Level 3 140K (only new car I've bought)
2007 Lexus IS250 (her's)
bradwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yawn!
A Sky RL or Sol GXP are way quicker and handle better than this Scion and look SO much better. And they were built on the same assembly line. Why does the Subaru version look the same as the Scion version?
Did either of the Kappa's ever make the Car of the Year?
Don't remember That ever happening to the Kappa's and they are Still better than this Subota could ever be! JMO
Old 12-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STVZ CARZ View Post
Yawn!
A Sky RL or Sol GXP are way quicker and handle better than this Scion and look SO much better. And they were built on the same assembly line. Why does the Subaru version look the same as the Scion version?
Did either of the Kappa's ever make the Car of the Year?
Don't remember That ever happening to the Kappa's and they are Still better than this Subota could ever be! JMO

Do you have any data supporting that your Kappa out handles a FR-S or BRZ. Anyone can go in a straight line. Have you been to a drag strip? Never spoken to anyone there with any form of smarts. I would rather you post some more information than "Mine's better" because you're just making yourself look like a ****ing fanboy. That's just my opinion on yours.
2007 Sky Redline: DDMWorks Charge Pipes & Intercooler, Solo Performance 3" Mach Shorty, ZZP S1 cams, Supertech Valve springs, BNR 2871, SPEC Stage 3+, Android "Torque" bluetooth RPD, HPT e47 tuned by TERM2. ???whp ???wtrq Dyno coming soon.
40rty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
The solstice has SCCA T2 championships to its credit to back up claims of its handling and performance.

So far all the toyburu has is numerous track comparisons against other cars and has lost most of those.

Its underpowed which allows similar priced cars that dont handle as well to put down better track times.
Cnversely. The solstice defeated numerous cars in sanctioned races that on paper were supposed to be superior.

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
Elff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

I'm going to be watching GTS closely this year to see how it does with the TRD supercharger.
2007 Sky Redline: DDMWorks Charge Pipes & Intercooler, Solo Performance 3" Mach Shorty, ZZP S1 cams, Supertech Valve springs, BNR 2871, SPEC Stage 3+, Android "Torque" bluetooth RPD, HPT e47 tuned by TERM2. ???whp ???wtrq Dyno coming soon.
40rty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
IMHO, they made a huge mistake not using the 265HP engine they already had.
Once they add more HP, that eliminates 90% of all potential complaints.

It still has the typical cheap subaru interior. Not only does it look crappy, specifically that huge blank spot in the glove box area, but subaru interiors tend to discolor and fall apart.

I have numerous friends with WRX STI's of various years who all have this issue. One friend got so fed up, he got rid of his 2011 model year and traded it for a Jeep JK Wrangler.

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
Elff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > In the News > Roadster/Small RWD Market Competition