Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Garage
LOL...yea, that was a bit weird to me too. LOL And lately the forum has been seeing a LOT of activity!

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
LOL...yea, that was a bit weird to me too. LOL And lately the forum has been seeing a LOT of activity!
That's why it seemed so strange, but Thursdays during the summer months seem to be the low points on a bunch of forums.

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Garage
Remember what it used to be like when the cars were still new?

Natural for traffic to fall off and switch to reanswering the same old questions with a smattering of new info. All groups cycle through that. Traffic has been up as usual as summer approaches. Maybe they are just pausing for the onslaught of new posts!!

1957 Jamaican - MGA
1958 MGA Twincam
1962 MGA Coupe
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1971 Jensen Interceptor
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe

Bill in BC
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
wspohn has it spot on. The only times you don't see that are when you're on forums with topics that stay current...like a Harley Davidson forum. Sure you still get the repeat questions (Why is it always oil????) but since HD has new models coming out every year you get the new discussions about those new models.

Had the Kappa lived on after 2010, I'm sure we would have seen that same type of growth. With a stagnant subject though, the repetitive posts are far more common as new to the platform owners have their questions. Nothing wrong with that either as even old questions can generate new discussions and keeping the discussions going with new people is what keeps the forum going.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:03 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Are u guys crying WOLF? I can wake everyone up but be careful what u wish for...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Are u guys crying WOLF? I can wake everyone up but be careful what u wish for...

I wish you would! But then Robo will have to give you another time out.

Bert
marlboromike likes this.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:07 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boboborino View Post
I wish you would! But then Robo will have to give you another time out.

Bert
Snowflakes need their SAFE ZONES.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Garage
Well I told Robo I was going to do this.

This is not intended to offend anyone, just my view of this board.

I don't think there is anyone on this site that I don't like. I enjoy everyone's posts, and the questions, but this place is dead as a door nail. It used to be a lot of fun, and it died about the time Mike got banned and Marvic1 left.

I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling, but where do some of you come from. If the things Mike says on occasion really ruin your day, your year and you have to leave because of what has been said, WHERE THE HELL do you live. A land of butter flies, chocolate cake and pixies? Mike is about as real as you can get. The old adage sticks and stones comes to mind. I don't want to see continuous fighting or arguing, but Mike makes some hilarious comments, but most just take them as evil. He is one of the nicest, most helpful people on this board. A little rough around the edges, but if my information is correct, he was a homicide detective in New York City, so he has seen things that most would never dream of. He does not sugar coat stuff and I for one am very glad he is back and makes his occasional jab!!!!

We have no banter, nothing to get the fire going. I am on a model train forum that gets far roudier than this place. I would guess knitting sites are much tougher.

Were here to have fun, learn about the car and have a good day. Nothing more. The drone in here is deafening.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Believe me, I'm on a number of Harley sites and MM is tame compared to those guys. LOL

But we're not a Harley forum. The only thing I ask is not to call folks names or make personal attacks...that's all. Hell, get as rowdy as you want in the Frontier...That's what that place is for.

You can banter all you want and not call someone names. I do it all the time.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Agree with skersfan. too many sucks who get hurt to easily, when in fact it has nothing to do with them (usually). WE need midniteblues (Frank) back (I hope he's fine) And GMtech, and for Mike to be Mike. Maybe he's just getting soft in his old age.

Bert
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boboborino View Post
Agree with skersfan. too many sucks who get hurt to easily, when in fact it has nothing to do with them (usually). WE need midniteblues (Frank) back (I hope he's fine) And GMtech, and for Mike to be Mike. Maybe he's just getting soft in his old age.

Bert
I have very thick skin but some of the past behaviors cross the line from being curt and brash to straight up azzhat behavior. To say anything more than that is saying too much from a Moderator.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Garage
I like the decorum of this forum. I have been on others that are just plain stupid. My skin is thick: I'm a person that understands better than most that if you dish it out you better be able to take it. I understand this better than anyone else I know IRL. I didn't grow up in a crystal palace, but it wasn't NYC, and I was far from a cop. That said, I wasn't around here during the Halcyon Days of the wild west before they killed our cars. I like this forum because it seems to be comprised of folks "of a certain age" that seem to know how to behave.

I'd never be accused of being a snowflake, not here (nor where I grew up), but the confusion between "being PC" and striving to be considerate is a confusion that needs to be cleared up, and/or killed. I don't believe that the folks that rail against PC are inconsiderate - maybe they just haven't learned that there is a difference between being PC and being considerate. Some of my most giving, kindly IRL friends are jerks if you judge them on first impression (even if they are monstrosities online, because they are), and some of the nicest folks online are monsters in person. I think the moderators want decency here. I trust them to do a number on the ones that cross that line, and I'll do my job by continuing to enjoy this forum - lack of warts, that some seem to pine for, and all.
Rockchops likes this.

This Sky's not perfect, but it's perfect...for me
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 06:18 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
Well I told Robo I was going to do this.

This is not intended to offend anyone, just my view of this board.

I don't think there is anyone on this site that I don't like. I enjoy everyone's posts, and the questions, but this place is dead as a door nail. It used to be a lot of fun, and it died about the time Mike got banned and Marvic1 left.

I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling, but where do some of you come from. If the things Mike says on occasion really ruin your day, your year and you have to leave because of what has been said, WHERE THE HELL do you live. A land of butter flies, chocolate cake and pixies? Mike is about as real as you can get. The old adage sticks and stones comes to mind. I don't want to see continuous fighting or arguing, but Mike makes some hilarious comments, but most just take them as evil. He is one of the nicest, most helpful people on this board. A little rough around the edges, but if my information is correct, he was a homicide detective in New York City, so he has seen things that most would never dream of. He does not sugar coat stuff and I for one am very glad he is back and makes his occasional jab!!!!

We have no banter, nothing to get the fire going. I am on a model train forum that gets far roudier than this place. I would guess knitting sites are much tougher.

Were here to have fun, learn about the car and have a good day. Nothing more. The drone in here is deafening.
I am HUMBLED BOB (Not) ....I can't believe u have model trains. So do I. Just got back setting up my board since I moved to Florida. HO gauge to be exact.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Garage
According to Robo, I went off the deep end. I have a good sized N scale lay out, that I work on anytime I am not working it seems. Seldom drive the cars or go to shows lately. Had one in my home town yesterday, and went to a train meeting instead.

Plus our local club (San Diego group) seems to have pulled in the reins on drives. Possibly if Robo and I ever get the Inland Empire Club up and going I can be more involved.

Leaving the first of June for three weeks, with several main train areas to be seen, ride the Durango to Silverton route, the Winslow to the Grand Canyon, and several in Oregon. Will see what I can find in British Columbia as we will pass thru there in the second week of the trip and then over to the Tetons and Yellowstone.

No car shows or runs until after the FJ National in July it appears. Then I have my Palm Springs run the end of September, and hopefully Robo will get is Las Vegas/Mount Whitney run together for October
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Off Topic > General Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.