Saturn Sky Forum banner

14 Kappas Inland Empire 10/11/14 vid/pics

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  skersfan 
#1 · (Edited)
skersfan & his better half joined with GM San Diego Roadsters & hosted their first Kappa Only adventure a 2 day meet/eat/drive throughout the desert/mountain twisties of the Inland Empire of sunny So Cali. 14 Kappas took part in the well planned/organized event which included several unique sights.

Temps were as we expect mid 70's-low 80's from Oct-Feb here in Cali desert southwest Inland Empire well kept secret best weather in the country for fall/winter topless driving

See/Hear Who? n What? & Where? @links below:cheers
Hi-lites clip from 40+min available DVD pm me!

Full Screen It!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv_VpAg3Aw4&feature=youtu.be

https://www.flickr.com/photos/picsbyjulius/sets/72157648384880337/

#4 ·
Julian next month, and we are planning a Big Bear run Robo. Mid to late May I think. Myrna will keep us busy until then I think.

It was a great weekend, yea it was a lot of work, but to hear the comments from long time members was fantastic. It was a learning process, but now have an idea of what we want to do on runs. Thanks for all the positive feedback and ideas on how to improve.

SD Sky & Solstice (Myrna) has a lot planned for the next few months. We will all stay busy keeping them rolling and clean!!! Ken I am looking at you!!!!

#7 ·
Having just purchased your Sky & newbie to Kappa Clubin' you put together a excellent event reckon it's nice to see all your ideas/planning come to life things you wondered about actually work most important perhaps is knowledge that simply stepping up and hosting an event others thirst for "Group Therapy" opportunity to meet/drive and will come

Even during your learning curve though you may've experienced some leader stress notice that everyone at every stop along the way had that :D lots of social chit chat & anxious for what you had next for us, we had a great time Thanks to you both that's the reward for your efforts:cheers:

#10 ·
Thanks J, your comments and Myrna's mean a lot to Patti and I. Hard to screw something up when you are driving in that area though. Too many things to look at and see. I have lived up here for 24 years, and would be hard pressed to find someplace else that I would enjoy as much.

We are talking about it being an annual run for the club. So we can make it better, and hopefully trick more people into going!!!

Again thank you for your guidance and comments and all the photography work. You were/are appreciated.

#13 ·
#16 ·
No Pilot, that was mine. Carbon Fiber wrap from below the intercooler to under the rear license plate. Hopefully in the next month I will have carbon fiber hydro dipped wheels, door handles, opel GT grill and the hood vents all done. It really does not look like anyone else's that I have seen. I am sure there are others similar.

#18 ·
That looks painted on. I do not have the nerve to do that. Mine can go back to stock appearance in a matter of minutes. I have duplicate headlights, taillights and the wrap just peels off. Mine actually goes down under the front air duct. Have some changes coming, just waiting for the parts to arrive.

If you would meet us at cars and coffee next Saturday,(please) you could see it first hand. It has been well received so far. I had a 55 Crown Victoria, known as the bumble bee. We did it again. When I get my red one, hopefully in January, this one will have a personalized license plate stating IMQUENB. It came off of our 55 Sunliner that was Black and Yellow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.