2010 Sky production and dates - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (0)
2010 Sky production and dates

One of the Wilmington workers posted detailed info on 2010 Solstice, Sky and Opel GT information here:

2010 Kappa pilot production dates and information. - Pontiac Solstice Forum

Enjoy!

2006 Solstice NA #000741
DaveOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

very interesting stuff that Markkk posted on the Solstice site.

I haven't gone into the process of getting on the Solstice site to send my question. Getting to the place where I could post to the SKY site took months, thus I really don't want to try that again.

Wanted to ask him the meaning of the word 'PILOT' used in reference to the early production units. I was told the early production units sometimes are delegates for being destroyed somewhere down the line. The person that told me that claimed that that often applied to the first 50 units, or such. If that is the case, mine must have slipped by as my SKY is labeled the 44th one made. I have it's history and the label 'PILOT' was used and appeared on it's paper work. The GM fella that follows this blog did not know what 'pilot' meant, so Markkk might have better insight. Maybe someone with Solstice blog access can send this message along, or maybe Markkk will happen upon it. Time will tell.
skybus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (13)
what is your vin# ?
marlboromike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
what is your vin# ?
100044. As there were only some 34,415 SKY's made through the 2010 units, it is obvious that the first digit '1' for 100,000 is insignificant.

Furthermore, the Chevrolet dealer brought up the history and printed it out for me. It is a 2007 model and came off the assembly line on December 16, 2005, a Friday. The car's color was originally quoted as being VICTORY RED. But the recent report calls the color CHILI PEPPER RED. I have documents with both colors stated. Who knows, the color issue might have come from the earlier Solstice models and was later changed to a different name.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
what is your vin# ?
MarlboroMike, I looked at your pictures of your SKY. You have a very nice looking vehicle! A super looking unit.

What is your VIN? I'm wondering if your model year repeated the production unit numbers from one and up, thus maybe you have number 44 of a 2008 or 2009 model. Yes? No? OR, maybe 44 is the number of your favorite NASCAR driver. ???

I didn't realize the GT related to the SKY. I was under the impression that was in reference to the Opel unit and maybe only over in Europe. Maybe you can enlighten me on that issue?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybus View Post
100044. As there were only some 34,415 SKY's made through the 2010 units, it is obvious that the first digit '1' for 100,000 is insignificant.

Furthermore, the Chevrolet dealer brought up the history and printed it out for me. It is a 2007 model and came off the assembly line on December 16, 2005, a Friday. The car's color was originally quoted as being VICTORY RED. But the recent report calls the color CHILI PEPPER RED. I have documents with both colors stated. Who knows, the color issue might have come from the earlier Solstice models and was later changed to a different name.
Victory Red is the generic GM name for that particular red. As applied to the Sky the exact same color is Chili Pepper Red. On the Solstice that red is known as Aggressive.
2006 Solstice NA #000741
DaveOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
MarlboroMike, I looked at your pictures of your SKY. You have a very nice looking vehicle! A super looking unit.

What is your VIN? I'm wondering if your model year repeated the production unit numbers from one and up, thus maybe you have number 44 of a 2008 or 2009 model. Yes? No? OR, maybe 44 is the number of your favorite NASCAR driver. ???

I didn't realize the GT related to the SKY. I was under the impression that was in reference to the Opel unit and maybe only over in Europe. Maybe you can enlighten me on that issue?

You truly have more than a SKY. It is a Collectors Edition. My Vin# is 1414 off the assembly line...born march 27, 2006. The 44 on the doors reflect my birth year only ..I am old...getting older. I have Opel'd my car out including ash trays and cigarette lighters which was included for European export including that GT label which was put on the 2009 Opels.

JUST TO CONFUSE YOU FURTHER...your car may have had a red dash...those were on the concept cars but was changed...due to sun glare...wish i had one of those dashes just to say I have one. I only mention this because of your build date...when they decided not to install this..I have no idea but I am sure some of the originals had them...they probably had to replace a few with the black...sale from the dealerships began Jan 1, 2006.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Sky production and dates-sky.jpg  

Last edited by marlboromike; 11-28-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

[QUOTE=marlboromike;576416]You truly have more than a SKY. It is a Collectors Edition. My Vin# is 1414 off the assembly line...born march 27, 2006. The 44 on the doors reflect my birth year only ..I am old...getting older. I have Opel'd my car out including ash trays and cigarette lighters which was included for European export including that GT label which was put on the 2009 Opels.

Mike, thanks for your comments. My car has a black dash. The dealer print out given to me lists all the warranty work the car received in it's early days. I don't recall anything about the dash being replaced. There were adjustments to the top and the rear seal was replaced, plus other items.

A long story, but the short version is ..... under the passenger seat was a FAX coversheet that entailed a GM employee name who got the car in the PEP program (an employee car program). Then strangely enough my next door winter neighbor's daughter was visiting for Xmas and is a GM employee currently. She researched the name on the FAX and he is a current employee. She forwarded to me his email story about his experience with the car. He had high marks for the car and stated that he had driven the Solstice and the SKY, and had higher appreciation for the features of the SKY. (sorry out there you Solstice lovers)

I am kind of a original look type, so I won't be doing much of anything beyond the original look and equipment. But that doesn't take anything away from the fellas that do all of the mods on their cars. I enjoy that too, but I'd buy another unit to do that on. And since I'm even a little older than you, it makes a lot of sense for me to stay out of the speed and race action game.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Get in touch with Teresa...(SKY 07)..she is also in Arizona...she would love to meet you...Regarding the GM exec who drove your car...they gave it to several of these employees...to see how they would fair in winter driving..the early days of the forum...we had pics of them even in Canada...and Michigan. Just remember, u do have a special SKY...keep that history sheet. If I can assist u in any way, just ask....my car has 33,500 miles and is 6 1/2 yrs old...I try to keep the mileage low because this vehicle is a forever car. I don't know if u have a chicklet on the bottom of your fender which reads GM...but the concept cars had a rectangular piece of metal reading GM Performance...if u find early pics u can see it.

I have been on this sky forum for 7 years...It is my belief you have the rarest car in the inventory. If someone else thinks they have a SKY with a similiar history...let them start talking

Last edited by marlboromike; 11-28-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Get in touch with Teresa...(SKY 07)..she is also in Arizona...she would love to meet you...Regarding the GM exec who drove your car...they gave it to several of these employees...to see how they would fair in winter driving..the early days of the forum...we had pics of them even in Canada...and Michigan. Just remember, u do have a special SKY...keep that history sheet. If I can assist u in any way, just ask....my car has 33,500 miles and is 6 1/2 yrs old...I try to keep the mileage low because this vehicle is a forever car. I don't know if u have a chicklet on the bottom of your fender which reads GM...but the concept cars had a rectangular piece of metal reading GM Performance...i u find early pics u can see it.
Thanks for the dialog ...... you are a greater source than others I have met thus far. I will look for SKY 07 in the Phx Club. We have a meeting tonight and I have seen that vanity plate in the club event listings, but not in tonight's list. The chicklet you mention is on each fender and says GM. The chicklet is exactly 1" square, but the words performance are not on the chicklet. Maybe that was just on the Redline, which they probably weren't making quite yet at the date mine was in the manuf process.

I'll find your email and communicate in the email mode. That sometimes fits better and more easily allows for off-topic discussions that easily come up in this car world. Blogs off topic usually bring on attention about staying on topic, so I don't want to offend by doing that.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

u misinterpreted my meaning regarding the chicklet....all the GM cars have chicklets...I was referring to the concept cars which u seem to own...they had a rectangular metal piece...spelling GM PERFORMANCE...our SKYS and other GM cars are as noted a chicklet SQUARE with only GM engraved
Old 11-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
According to FB, Theresa ("T") is having brake problems, dealer problems, cracked fenders, etc.

She might not make your club meet.
27rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (2)
Quote:

Oh my Goodness.... Someone from AZ..... Did ya go the Tombstone event?????.... Have we met??????
Monsoon 6 Disc
Rear Spoiler
Dual Exhaust/CAI
Custom WindRestictor/Custom Pinstriping
and who knows what else....

Life Is Good
SKY 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27rings View Post
According to FB, Theresa ("T") is having brake problems, dealer problems, cracked fenders, etc.

She might not make your club meet.
Ill post it on here too. Nice talking to ya... I sure miss ya... don't forget to put me on the list for Christmas gifts.........
Monsoon 6 Disc
Rear Spoiler
Dual Exhaust/CAI
Custom WindRestictor/Custom Pinstriping
and who knows what else....

Life Is Good
SKY 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)
skybus,
Welcome to the best SKY info site..
Hands down take care of Her.
Not T . She is a great SKY Lady.
LLLFLY
Best Interior 2012 NASSM
2nd American Legends 2013
DDMWORKS Loaded, Wind Restrictor
lllfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion