7 years ago...... (my road to a Saturn sky) - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Sky4christ
7 years ago...... (my road to a Saturn sky)

So this story starts 7 years ago
A boy (me) saw a Beautiful car in car and driver. me "What is this? a Saturn. No saturn doesn't make anything exciting... What Saturn is now the american opel that is awesome."
I then found out all I could about the car joined this forum (lost that user name years ago). I loved everything about this car. Went to the saturn dealership and told them about this car. They gave me a calendar (I believe 2006 calendar) I looked at those pictures over and over. When I found out (through this forum) that there was to be a turbo. OH Man I thought. I went straight to the dealer and told them I wanted to be the first one in my home town to have a redline, first they said there isn't going to be a turbo. But as a good dealership they took my 500 dollar deposit. Came back a few weeks later and they said you were right there is going to be a turbo. I was thrilled I was going to have the first car in my town. Then trajedy, I lent my 93 prelude to a friend whom wrecked it. I had to take my deposit back to pay for the repairs and lost my spot.

I met a beautiful girl (6 foot 2) and I decided to focus my energies on getting the girl. A few months later we were engaged and I decided it was time to grow up. I wanted to pay off all my debt before we got married that ment no sky for me. At my wedding my vows ended with "I give up the sky for you." people that knew me knew what I ment.

The years past and I continued to dream about the sky test driving some at dealerships but never convincing myself to get one as much as I wanted to. I needed to be responcible.

A few months ago we decided we would get me the car I wanted for so long. I started narrowing down the color I wanted. I got down to 2 about a month ago. I had been eyeing a few carbon flash editions and I liked the Techno gray. I decided I wanted to see a carbon flash before I got anything. One was about 4 hours away and I kept trying to push for us to go visit it just to see the color.
One day my wife calls me and says I'm having a bad day lets do something I say sure lets go to the movies, she says lets go to Oklahoma (where the car was) I say are you serious. yup. So we go and see it. Someone had put a hoodscoop and had smoked out the headlights, not my thing so I knew I wasn't going to buy it I just wanted to see the color. I liked it which didn't make my decision of what color I wanted any easier.

So what to do what to do. I continue looking at different cars and find 2 hydro blue saturn sky stickshifts. WAIT WHAT another color. yes, at first I was like eh its not worth an extra 5k for a color is it? Then I find out its one of 89 WHAT and only 49 turbos WHAT. and less than that Stick shifts. WHAT. there are 2 for sale???? one with only 8700 miles on the clock? I gotta get this car. I call and talk to the person selling it. Sweet lady. I will be picking the car up at the end of the month. The wait is almost over!!!!! I'm so happy...... I'll post picks once I got it.
Sky4christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)
Welcome,
Read all you can here.
LLLFLY
Best Interior 2012 NASSM
2nd American Legends 2013
DDMWORKS Loaded, Wind Restrictor
lllfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyForChrist View Post
One day my wife calls me and says I'm having a bad day lets do something I say sure lets go to the movies, she says lets go to Oklahoma (where the car was) I say are you serious. yup. So we go and see it.
Welcome. Dang, you seriously brought a tear of joy to my eye That girl is a keeper! (and the car too)
08BlueSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Sounds like quite a trip. Good luck....
Old 01-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

once you have a sky,you will never regret it!!
dewane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

The Saga continues

I may not be getting my sky after all. Stupid taxes put me over what I had to spend on it. I'm still waiting on the owner to get back to me. Funny story though. I was going to fly to visit my sister's house (she has 2 adorable little girls) and drive from there to pick up the car. So I told my sister that I may not be getting the car and she calls me 2 minutes later to to say her daughter wants to tell me something. Her daughter just made 40 dollars selling jewelery at her Dad's concert. Lucy (my neice) says to me "uncle will I made 40 dollars selling jewelery and I want to give you 7 dollars so you can buy your car... (I could just melt...)
Old 01-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

That is the sweetest thing!

Awww! My heart melted too when I read that! I hope you get your sky...I, too, have waited for a VERY long time to obtain my sky. Wanted one ever since they first came out. However, just got mine about 3 weeks ago. I am new here to the forum, been reading and reading and reading to get up to speed. But I will tell you, I am in love with my car...and you will be too! I will keep my fingers crossed for you that every thing will work out in your favor. Good luck!
1SharkDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
What a delightful story, SFC. Have you prayed about it? James tells us (paraphrased) you have not because you ask not and you receive not because you ask amiss and then there's Matthew 6:33. While Im fairly certain Matthew wasnt talking about a Sky, the premise here is to make your requests known to God.
Sky_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Cool

Most interesting story I say.. Is it true mate??

Aye mate it passed our lie detector test..

Now MM might not approve, the OP posted no picture of his ride, HE will disapprove..
I however say to SFC, welcome to our world..
Enjoy your new ride AND your new love, your wife..

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
MidniteBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

God knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Pilot View Post
What a delightful story, SFC. Have you prayed about it? James tells us (paraphrased) you have not because you ask not and you receive not because you ask amiss and then there's Matthew 6:33. While Im fairly certain Matthew wasnt talking about a Sky, the premise here is to make your requests known to God.
I'm glad you posted this. My sis told me she would be praying for me to be able to get it, and I've been praying for peace regaurdless of if I get it or not. The last thing I want is for this car to be my idol. If it occurs it will be a God thing. If it does not I need to still praise him as he knows best.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

So, Sky For Christ, you might not be able to get your Blue Sky right now. All these cars are great, so, maybe consider another color. Or... maybe the seller will work with you on it, especially if it' s been on the market for a while.

Last edited by SnowSky; 01-21-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: typo
SnowSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm glad you posted this. My sis told me she would be praying for me to be able to get it, and I've been praying for peace regaurdless of if I get it or not. The last thing I want is for this car to be my idol. If it occurs it will be a God thing. If it does not I need to still praise him as he knows best.
Believe me, you can enjoy this car and call it a blessing as long as God allows you to have the funds to own it and care for it. I believe that Matthew 6:33 says, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." It won't be an Idol as long as you keep your priorities right. I waited for the right opportunity to buy mine and it came at the right time at the right price with the right equipment, the right color, for me. I was amazed as to how many people were happy for me and felt that I should have this car.
Red Leather interior
Black top
Automatic
No modifications
EFBRODIESR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Waiting Stinks

Well I gave my final offer on the car and told her I need an answer by tomorrow. So I wait until I get a call back ( I included 7 dollars on the offer from my neice)
Old 01-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I gave my final offer on the car and told her I need an answer by tomorrow. So I wait until I get a call back ( I included 7 dollars on the offer from my neice)
Great!! Now just it's just wait and see what happens! Good luck!

2008 Polar White Redline
Black/Red Leather
SnowSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Doing everything possible, I have like 10 laptops I'm working on and sold a netbook on ebay and am selling Commodore 64 games on ebay trying to get as much mula for this auto as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion