Saturn Sky Forum banner

Building the Kappas.

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  marlboromike 
#1 ·
Found this video.Havent seen it before.Always nice to see your car being built.Hope you`ll enjoy it:

#3 ·
Could it be....

I think my car was at minute mark 4:27
(one in 89 chance right?) (the 90th hydro blue didn't have those rims right?)

#4 · (Edited)
We were in the plant when they introduced that solstice coupe...I was polite to one of the PR people from GM...remember, this was our 3rd tour of the plant (MECCA 3)...but he insisted that I tell him what I thought of the car...I think I overwhelmed him...I told him how ugly it was..both inside and out...he wanted my opinion...I gave him both barrels. Especially the dash...Dr Zarkovs rocket ship to Planet MONGO...

#5 ·
We were in the plant when they introduced that solstice coupe...I was polite to one of the PR people from GM...remember, this was our 3rd tour of the plant (MECCA 3)...but he insisted that I tell him what I thought of the car...I think I overwhelmed him...I told him how ugly it was..both inside and out...he wanted my opinion...I gave him both barrels. Especially the dash...Dr Zarkovs rocket ship to Planet MONGO...
We're gonna have to start calling you "Flash".

#6 ·
That video had SO much potential. Squandered.

If they'd spent more time showing the build process and less time with that F-wad spouting stupid crap... oh well.

Still, thank you, marbling, for posting it!

#9 ·
The video is an interesting historical record

The presenter is doing what he was paid and instructed to do. It is personality based web TV. The producer wanted him to act the way he did. I found it worth watching inite of the frivolity of much of the presenter.

When people tell parents they have an ugly baby it generally is due to a personality defect or a need to be in control. Most people are polite enough and self adjusted enough to not feel the need to act out.:agree:

#10 ·
That guy tried to sell the car on the forums knowing we would potentially be a better market but most were turned off that he was selling a car that, if memory serves, was given to him.

#12 · (Edited)
We said good bye to the skeleton staff at the plant...We are the RECORD...the employee parking lot was empty...only our cars

By the way...the last SKY went to Texas with all the signatures of the employees still at the plant...it was not a R/L

Attachments

#19 ·
Go to my new post..u have the history...and yes it was Penske. I have no idea why it fell through...possibly because GM was anticipating the government stepping in...you have to go back into history during the Obama election...the union backed him...and Joe Biden was Senator from Delaware..lots of politicing going on...Biden was giving Fisker 1/2 billion dollars of the tax payer money...eventually they built in Sweden and went bankrupt...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.