Hi new guy here! - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Front of the seat on the left side.
Sly Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
The switch is mounted to the left front of the seat bottom. If you have a RL it's there
Old 01-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

My 07 does the brake thing. It freaked me out the first time backing out of my driveway. Just pump it once and it will never be an issue.
rghoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

Based on my customers comment about the build dates and the vacuum issues, my new Sky will have this issue as well. According to him this Redline was the first 2008 for sale in London. So being the intital build cycle, if Rob is correct, and it really sounds like he is then this will be something I can live with, just need to learn how to work with it.

I was reading a thread about over 50% ownership by females.....I thought I read somewhere else that the VW beetle was the first and or only model to be owned by over 50% females......not that it matters, my brother thinks this is a "chick car" his words exactly.............that doesnt influence my decision at all,,,,,,,he's kind of a goober anyways.

Last edited by swazies; 01-11-2013 at 09:28 AM.
swazies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Saturn was supposed to compete with the Japanese in build quality, buying and ownership experience and price.

One of the unintended consequences of this was that it tended to attract a lot of females who did not enjoy the buying process then inplace - basically the sales department pushing the hard sell all the time. The one price approach of Saturn and the more relaxed sales experience was very attractive to a lot of females.

As a result, I have seen numbers that suggest over 50% of Saturn buyers were 50 year old females. A very high percentage for a car company.

This resulted in Saturn making every effort to optimize their product line to fit that demographic.

The Sky was always designed as a "halo" car that would draw in different buyers. It still appeals to females, but it was designed to be appealing to men as well because in the marketplace, most car buying transactions are still done by men. My personal belief is that much of the Sky styling was directed at making it hard edged and powerful in appearance to attract specifically men who had not considered buying a Saturn previously.

If he calls it a chick car, maybe he needs to get his testostrone levels tested?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #21 (permalink)

Yah, he's kinda a dummy that way. The guy who only owns a Cavalier and feels the need to pick apart every car I look at. Maybe jealousy, I am not sure, he is younger with kids n stuff but they make good money.

It doesn't really matter, I just seen that thread and in close time he mentioned the chick car thing.

I feel the need to stay off of this site simply because I am having a hard time waitng to see this Sky. The owning is currently out of the country and wont be back for a bit.
The wife says after viewing pics online " we are buying it " lol..... Of course we need to see the car first, buying a car without looking/driving it would be insane in my books.

I talked to the owner yesterday, he promised me Im the first guy to see the car ( I know he has no one else to look at it ) and I think he just needs the cash, he has recently retired.

I will be sure to show it off when I am the new owner, pics n stuff for you guys.

Hope to meet up with some of you locals this spring. I set up a lake cruise in 2010 for the Cobalt boys, not real exciting, but a twisty road along lake Erie with a few stops along the way made for a nice 3 hour cruise on a Sunday afternoon.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #22 (permalink)

Guilty as charged. I'm a female...and I'm a Sky owner. But I've also owned a '74 T-Top Red Corvette, two Camaros and a Nissan 350Z. My husband has always made sure I had everything I wanted! Personally I don't think of the Sky as a chick car. They are pretty, yes, but not predictably a female owned vehicle. When I see one I don't automatically expect to see a female at the wheel. Some cars are easy to predict...like the Miata. It's going to be an older person driving and it seems that about nine times out of ten it's going to be a male.
The Sky is appealing to men and women, young and older. If a person isn't won over by the way the car looks all they need to do is drive one and then there's no turning back!

Last edited by SnowSky; 01-21-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo
SnowSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Administrator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazies View Post
my brother thinks this is a "chick car" his words exactly
That's because it attracts chicks. And what, exactly, is the problem with that?

Well, if you're old like me, it's a problem because they keep getting younger. I've resorted to "carding" my passengers, and keeping a database.

Of course, with a convertible, they can just jump in. That happened to me once, and it surprised me so much that I blurted out...."WTF!" It took three lawyers, four court visits, a slap from my wife, and a sympathetic judge before I convinced them that my statement was purely colloquial and not an invitation.
Where would the car hobby be without it?"
- Bob Lutz
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazies View Post
Based on my customers comment about the build dates and the vacuum issues, my new Sky will have this issue as well. According to him this Redline was the first 2008 for sale in London.
So where do you live? (I used to live in Crystal Palace and Beckenham areas many yrs ago.)

Quote:
So being the intital build cycle, if Rob is correct, and it really sounds like he is then this will be something I can live with, just need to learn how to work with it.
My Solstice is an early 08 and has this design. I have NEVER experienced any (even slight) loss of braking power, even on a cold start backing out of my garage. My car does have the re-program recall performed though, so make sure yours does too.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #25 (permalink)

I don't live in London but near, a little town called Tillsonburg. London would be the closest Saturn Dealer, would be but it closed down, a little before Saturn totally shut the doors I believe. I think if I experience any of the braking issues I will look a little further into this re-program recall you speak of.

Bogie, the damn women better not just start jumping in my ride, its a small town and my wife will know before I can get home All they have to do is ask

thanks folks...ttyl.....
I can't stop thinking about spring, I cannot do any driving until then....
Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Well, I just picked up my Redline in October. She's black and beautiful!! BTW- I'm definitely not a chick!! lol So I had a friend pick up mine at an auction in Mass. It has some aftermarket stuff done to it, which make it look and sound sweet. I only paid $15,500 for mine, though she did have 73,000 miles on her. Oh and she has never seen a salty road. Pristine underneath. I'm actually in Rochester, NY so if you guys cruise over the boarder I'll see if I can meet up with you guys.
premlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #27 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
[QUOTE=TomatoSoup;578683]So where do you live? (I used to live in Crystal Palace and Beckenham areas many yrs ago.)

He would be referring to London, Ontario...
'08 RL/Black/Tan Top-5 SPD/Monsoon/Kenwood DNX6960/GMMP+Trifecta Tune/Dejon CAI/Solo Mach Shorty w/Quad Tips/Dark Tint/'SKY' Illum. WR & Door Sills/RK Sport Rear Spoiler/Painted Rear Fascia/Opel GT Antenna/Pntd Calipers/HID/DDM + JPM console
MoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #28 (permalink)

A bit of a change of topic ... but just wondering if anyone knows what color Sky is the rarest? Most popular?
SnowSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #29 (permalink)

a bit of a change of topic .lol
Im sure its not too hard to dig up the builds for each year.....
Old 01-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
He would be referring to London, Ontario...
Yeah, I got that after I tried to look up Tilsonberg
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion