how do you bluetooth to the monsoon stereo - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
I guess I'm going to pay more attention next time I Bluetooth to my GM rental cars. I guess I don't hardly pay much attention either way since I try not to talk on the phone when driving but I do use Bluetooth when I can

I thought I remembered getting sound from at least both front speakers in the Impalas, G6s, Malibus, etc. that use the similar looking stereo.

I don't think the chevy cruze counts since that's a different system all together.
Ruination is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruination View Post
I guess I'm going to pay more attention next time I Bluetooth to my GM rental cars. I guess I don't hardly pay much attention either way since I try not to talk on the phone when driving but I do use Bluetooth when I can

I thought I remembered getting sound from at least both front speakers in the Impalas, G6s, Malibus, etc. that use the similar looking stereo.

I don't think the chevy cruze counts since that's a different system all together.
First..u must qualify your question...u were not specific regarding if u wanted to just couple your cell to bluetooth...or if u wanted to know if it goes through the monsoon system...
marlboromike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
First..u must qualify your question...u were not specific regarding if u wanted to just couple your cell to bluetooth...or if u wanted to know if it goes through the monsoon system...
I guess that's why I didn't ask any questions - Well played, sir!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruination View Post
I guess that's why I didn't ask any questions - Well played, sir!

you are quite right...apologies r in order...
Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
you are quite right...apologies r in order...
I should have set the appropriate context in which I made my statement.

I always thought the sound came from all the speakers or at least the front ones when making a bluetooth phone call. I'm curious to know which it is now.

Also.. since it's somewhat on topic.. I just wanted to say I accidently found a way to stream audio on a system that only supports phone calls with my blackberry. I haven't figured out if it is a flaw of the GM system in the GMC Terrain and the Impala I rented recently or if it is just my Blackberry Bold tough. I think it was the GM system.

I found that I had to disable my bluetooth on the phone in order to play music through the 3.5mm jack due to really crappy audio quality playing through the speakers mysteriously. ( I found out it was streaming bluetooth through the car's speakers when it wasn't supposed to)

It was a fun ride till I figured out what was causing it. I rent so many damn cars it gets confusing.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #21 (permalink)

quote from page 3-67 under Audio System "When using the in-vehicle Bluetooth system, sound comes through the vehicle’s front audio system speakers and overrides the audio system."

ima have to see if my 08 has bluetooth cause id much rather bluetooth my music than plug it in the aux port every time.
GM Stage 1 Tune|Solo Street Race Exhaust With Magnaflow Mufflers|GMR 8K HIDs|Parking Light Leds|License Plate Leds|Little Chromies|3rd Brake Light Vinyl:REDLINE|GMR Pulsating and Sequential Taillights|
|V3nom| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
ima have to see if my 08 has bluetooth cause id much rather bluetooth my music than plug it in the aux port every time.
Only '09s had Bluetooth
Old 11-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #23 (permalink)

yeah i did a search afterwards and figured that out.

so is the radio itself important for bluetooth or just the vcim?
GM Stage 1 Tune|Solo Street Race Exhaust With Magnaflow Mufflers|GMR 8K HIDs|Parking Light Leds|License Plate Leds|Little Chromies|3rd Brake Light Vinyl:REDLINE|GMR Pulsating and Sequential Taillights|
Old 11-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoSoup View Post
Only '09s had Bluetooth
That is true..but if u wish to have bluetooth in any year car...just change your VCIM (with antenna)...of course if you have a build date before July 06', you will be unable to access both bluetooth and On Star...it is either...or..cannot access both
Old 11-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Quote:
yeah i did a search afterwards and figured that out.

so is the radio itself important for bluetooth or just the vcim?
The only importance that the radio has is to control the volume out of your BT calls and the display will show the number calling or being called. That said, I would also guess that you would need to have the US8, US9 or UUI radios. Given what I've seen first-hand of the display on the original "base" radios (U1C), I don't believe it would support displaying numbers.

The actual BT "connection" is handle by the VCIM and it doesn't support A2DP streaming, which is what would be necessary to stream music from a BT-enabled device.
SSR Rear View Mirror(w/HomeLink), HHR USB Radio, SE Wheels

"Après moi, le déluge."
Black_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #26 (permalink)

so youre saying im out of luck if all i want to do is stream music?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
so youre saying im out of luck if all i want to do is stream music?
If you want to do it via the existing GM system, yes.

However, there is an option.

I bought this item on sale at Amazon sometime last year:
Samsung HM3700 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headset Samsung HM3700 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headset

In addition to being a BT headset, the unit also doubles as a BT receiver. It comes with a special adapter that lets you connect a 3.5" stereo cable between it and another device (in this case, the aux input on the headunit.)

Although it won't support streaming track info (text) or track control (through the headunit), it does have A2DP functionality, so it will stream the music from your phone to your headunit using a physical connection between the Samsung receiver and the head unit.

I liked this option A) because it was cheap when I bought it [$7.50 after MIR] and B) I can also use it in my Honda, which has a positively antique headunit compared to what's out there in the market today.

Short of that, the only way I can see to achieve true A2DP streaming would be to go with an aftermarket headunit.

"Après moi, le déluge."
Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #28 (permalink)

so you streamed via bluetooth using that headset plugged into the aux connection on the front of the stock radio?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #29 (permalink)

I have. I don't do it regularly since I installed the HHR radio with the USB port and just leave my ipod in the car, but I have done it on both the Sky and using an aftermarket ipod/aux kit I installed in my Honda. Works beautifully on both vehicles.

Plus, you get the added benefit of it actually functioning as a BT headset when you're out of the car.

You can find similar items that will allow you to stream A2DP using the aux input jack, but they tend to be more expensive than the Samsung thing; particularly if you can find the Samsung on sale or with a MIR (mail-in rebate).

"Après moi, le déluge."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion