Saturn Sky Forum banner

Left Church and BAM!

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Elff 
#1 ·
I turned a corner and accelerated and went right into complete limp mode. Not even 1 pound of boost. So, no pun intended, I limped home; all 19 miles.

Arrived, fetched my scanner to see I had logged a code and there it was, P0101.

Cleared the code and went in to have a little breakfast while the engine bay cooled down.

Afterwards, I opened the hood and started checking connections and clamps and there it was…. a complete blow-out where the IC and rubber hose connect on the throttlebody side *whew!*

Thankfully, it was something that I could easily fix :dthumbs: The last thing I want right now is another trip to the dealer.

So ten minutes later I am up and running!

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds like it would be a good idea for us to check all clamps to make sure they're still tight.

Your title "BAM" made me think that someone had hit you. I'm glad it was something minor.

#6 ·
Absolutely.................

That stupid throttle body intake pipe is just plain lame. There is a very small lip on it, but at the boost levels we are putting down; it is difficult to keep a good seal on. T-Clamp is the only way to go. And even then, check it regularly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.