My Sky's butt is naked. May need a spoiler. - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
My Sky's butt is naked. May need a spoiler.

I was thinking of ordering a spoiler and was wondering if anyone has used this company?

https://www.carid.com/2007-saturn-sky-spoiler/

I have a 2007 Silver Sky. If I got it painted from them, how accurate would the color be considering the original paint on the car is 10 years old?

Silver 2007 Sky 2.4L
Black leather seats - used to be cloth
Pioneer 4200NEX head unit with Backup camera
Tinted Windscreen

Last edited by mmartin; 03-11-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 04:11 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Garage
It is a reputable company...but make sure included with your purchase is the schematic which shows where the holes need to be drilled. You will also need rubber stoppers for the holes on the trunk side.

Regarding the paint...not too many people know this but silver pearl had a different run...the earlier 2006 production Skys...their silver was brighter. Do not worry. No one will know the difference because of the shading in the paint.

Last edited by marlboromike; 03-11-2017 at 09:01 PM.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
I have a hankering for the RKSport spoiler. Most of the pics I've seen look really good but I've heard the quality of the RKSport hood(which i also think looks pretty good) really sux! So I'm not sure if that is an indication of overall build quality from them or not. I would love to see the spoiler in person before buying one. If/when I do I know that sat antenna is getting gone! I hate that stupid thing.

Joe

FLASHED

2008 Red Line Carbon Flash SE Naked!

Last edited by stungjoe; 03-11-2017 at 10:25 PM.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stungjoe View Post
I have a hangering for the RKSport spoiler. Most of the pics I've seen look really good but I've heard the quality of the RKSport hood(which i also think looks pretty good) really sux! So I'm not sure if that is an indication of overall build quality from them or not. I would love to see the spoiler in person before buying one. If/when I do I know that sat antenna is getting gone! I hate that stupid thing.
I have done three RKSports hoods ( soon to be 4 with a Sky hood on the agenda) and have been impressed with the design and build. They have been quality made and though as with any after market fiberglass unit they may need some fine tuning all have turned out great. Which is more than I can say for the stuff you see on eBay as I gave one of those a try and when the delivery driver physically removed it from the back of the truck single handed I informed him to reload it and I returned it to the seller. The RKSoprts hood is not a one man hood by any means. Of course this is my opinion and others may have had a different experience.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier GXP View Post
I have done three RKSports hoods ( soon to be 4 with a Sky hood on the agenda) and have been impressed with the design and build. They have been quality made and though as with any after market fiberglass unit they may need some fine tuning all have turned out great. Which is more than I can say for the stuff you see on eBay as I gave one of those a try and when the delivery driver physically removed it from the back of the truck single handed I informed him to reload it and I returned it to the seller. The RKSoprts hood is not a one man hood by any means. Of course this is my opinion and others may have had a different experience.
That's encouraging! I have read a few complaints lodged against the RK hood. There's a youtube video of a black Sky where it looks very nice but the guy rips on RK. No denying it looks very nice!

Joe

FLASHED

2008 Red Line Carbon Flash SE Naked!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
My dodge dart spoiler haha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170121_115253_1489295862972.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	89482  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Garage
@skersfan has the RK hood and spoiler. Spoiler is nice but for the hood, I don't like how the headlights flow into the hood...personal preference for me.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 01:15 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Garage
The hood does not fit as well as a stock hood or one of Norm's by any means. But they are very reasonably priced and available very quickly. I wish we had spent a little more time with hood on the Green car, but the spoiler, IMHO is by far the best looking one out there. Had mine on over two years and still think it sets off the car. It ties the spoiler to the sides and the lights. Wanted one the second I saw one. Am very happy with it.

I think I have a fix for the hood and the light recession. Eyebrows are being painted as we speak. I think it will fill in the drop and look pretty good. Should see this week.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage
A naked butt. That got my attention first thing this morning! What type of naked butt are we talking about here? The fat ass WalMart version, aw hell no not that 360lbs marsh mellow eating, 2 liter bottle of diet soda version.. or the Brazilian beach cutie, thong up the a$$ crack version?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so the old says goes. It's your car, you do what you want to it. Regardless of what others might think looks good to "them" with/without the spoiler, that is the car culture, the custom car culture for many owners out there. Just can't leave well enough alone with the factory looks or options. Where would the car culture in this country, or worldwide be without some person being just a bit different in their approach as to what their car needs or does not need, for the owner to feel satisfied. It's my money, I'll spend it how I like when it comes to my car.

DDM/ Norms/RK... hey I made my own, or I adapted this from______ to achieve the right look for me, that's all that really matters here. It's unique out there on the road way, it's unique among the various version of the Kappa. It's different or it's the same when pulling up at the next stop light? Oh God it's another Kappa that looks just like mine. Some owners are ok with this, some are not.

IF you are going to add on a spoiler to your car, the placement is important here. Be straight and align it right. Don't rush this. Measure once, twice even 3 times, before you drill. Punching holes in your car is never a good thing, but it can be done, if it's done right. We have all seen, the crazy ass way some people alter their rides. You just can't fix stupid.. then again its their car. Not mine, not yours,.. theirs. Does the spoiler help? Not really, maybe some at high speed, not that we Kappa owners know a thing or two about high speed in our cars! Looks cool maybe some have it, some don't care for it. Option delete or add one when so ordered. You can change the look of your car in a heartbeat. Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Mine came with a spoiler. I had no choice or say in the matter. It is what it is. I could have waited to find one without the spoiler option? Yes then again I saw it, I test drove it, I bought it, case closed. So as to that naked butt that the OP views while installing the wing ( F-18/F-22 ) spoiler here is a version I would consider. The guys said to measure this up... It's 7.5 inches, about to drill some holes, in this here butt. Come on over her girl, were about to drill your butt, yeah were gonna mount that thing just right, and when were all done, your gonna be different, trust me. Oh you like your new butt look do you, I like your new butt too, No honey it's not that fat honest I swear, you asked I responded in kind. I liked working on your butt. The guys said it would be fun, and it was. See this smile, job well done! Wanna go for another ride girl, your butt up for that again? That's what I thought too. Not the Walmart version I can guess by now, that new spoiler looks like a thong between your tail pipes.

LAC
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Go for that Fiero GT look.....
LAC Sky likes this.

1957 Jamaican - MGA
1958 MGA Twincam
1962 MGA Coupe
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1971 Jensen Interceptor
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe

Bill in BC
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wspohn View Post
Go for that Fiero GT look.....

Had one of those, long time ago. Wing was bigger than our spoiler of today. Blocks your view through the rear view mirror. Blind spots, small side mirrors, sound familiar? Fun car to sling around. 1986 Gold, mid-engine V6 / 2.8 go-kart. Another impulse buy of mine. I compare the Kappa some to the old Fiero GT, in that they both stick hard, when going through the twisty's. This old body of mine, getting harder and harder getting in and out of those little sports cars. I thought that my brother's racing 79 Triumph 1500 Sprite was small, until I got into the Fiero GT. Traded in my old customized van for it. Saw it one day, bought it the next day. Another model by Pontiac, with a short production run, that has faded in to history.

Wing/Spoiler or is it Spoiler/Wing.

LAC
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage
Yep, I had a 1988 Fiero GT also. Bought it new (replacing my base '85 Fiero), and had it for 12 years until it got hit.
Loved that car almost as much as my Sky.

2008 Red/Red/Redline
Ordered 06/08/07
Built 07/20/07
Delivered 08/07/07
Destroyed 03/02/17
Replaced 03/19/17
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 10:23 AM

Like the Solstice, they finally got it right (in the case of the Fiero, the suspension was sub-par until the redesign for the last year) and then killed it! It is thought that they aborted their testing with a couple of turbo mules because the performance came too close to the Corvette at a lower price.

Mine was an 88 (I also owned an 87 at the same time and sold it after finally finding an 88, so can comment on the difference in handling.

I modded it to handle well and more than doubled the power with a special larger turbo engine, to give performance a bit better than a stock GXP/Redline.

My daily driver for over 20 years, and only sold it when I bought my Solstice coupe (and then did the same sort of mods to the new car!)

1957 Jamaican - MGA
1958 MGA Twincam
1962 MGA Coupe
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster,
1971 Jensen Interceptor
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
2007 BMW Z4M coupe

Bill in BC
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage
Wow, nice photos.

This was my '88 Fiero GT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m1.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	89498   Click image for larger version

Name:	m2.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	89505  

2008 Red/Red/Redline
Ordered 06/08/07
Built 07/20/07
Delivered 08/07/07
Destroyed 03/02/17
Replaced 03/19/17
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeardsley View Post
Wow, nice photos.

This was my '88 Fiero GT.
Nice!

I think the 88s look better, not having the gray rocker panels of the earlier ones.

I wanted a couple of pics of both cars before I sold my Fiero - I still wish I had it sometimes, but too many cars......

I later used a 3.4 Camaro engine (basically the same as the Fiero) to stick in a rebodied old MG)

1957 Jamaican - MGA
1958 MGA Twincam
1962 MGA Coupe
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster,
1971 Jensen Interceptor
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
2007 BMW Z4M coupe

Bill in BC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.