Saturn Sky Forum banner

New to this forum - hi there!!!

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  MARVIC 1 
#1 ·
Hi All!

My name is Herb. Just signed up this afternoon.

I have been a member of the Solstice Forum for over 6 years, and have decided due to restrictions on what can be said, the deletion of posts, and the disbarment of other members, to come over to the 'bright side' and enjoy this forum. I am excited that I will not be edited to the point where my posts are conceived as an attack on anyone, but can be seen as informative, insightful, and truthful. I am so tired on forum moderators hiding the truth in a pitiful attempt to protect their site sponsors.

A brief history:
I own a 2009 Solstice Coupe. Lots of mods, including wheels, suspension, stereo and engine - Dejon IC, Werks charge tubing, EFR6758 Turbo, Hi-Flow Cat, Oil/Air seperator........I am currently in the middle of a MAJOR rebuild of my LNF which suffered a catostrophic failure of the ring-lands on cylinder #1. Currently the enine is in a thousnad pieces awating the arrival of all the new upgraded bits and pieces - Wiseco pistons, Carillo rods, Balance shaft delete kit, new clutch/flywheel, bearings, water-pump etc etc.

I am doing all the work myself and am going to start a new LNF/EFR - THE REBUILD! thread. I hope to start that within next couple of days. There are a ton of videos and pictures that I would like to share with people that are interested. I need to get them all organized and post them. Might take some time.

I have been blessed to be able to work with someone that I met some time ago. We ended up speaking with each other for no other reason than to share our experiences with the shortcomings of Performance Auto Werks. Since then, we have developed a respect for each other, and to be totally honest, I doubt that I would be able to complete this rebuild without his technical knowledge, experience and his passion for these incredible platforms. I have experience with V8 pushrod type engines, but nothing with twin cams, aluminum everything and drive chains everywhere. GMTECH16450yz has been instrumental in guiding me in the right direction during the initial rebuild process. I'm one of the lucky ones. There are not many people that John decides to work with for varying reasons. Like I said, we both had a common experience with Werks and I believe that was enough for him to feel empathy for me. John is not everyones cup of tea. He is brutally honest and backs up his comments and claims with years of experience. Unfortunately, some people just can't handle the truth - especially vendors that insist on continually ripping people off, and forum moderators that have an agenda that is all about themselves.

I don't want to get into all that right now as I am trying to stay positive. Moving forward I will be starting that new thread I spoke about. If anyone is interested in either doing a EFR conversion on their LNF, or if they are looking to upgrade the internals, I believe that this thread will contain a ton of informative and interesting information.

Anyway, I gotta get back to ripping out the balance shafts and drink some beers!!!!

Bye for now.:cheers:

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. Look forward to the build thread.

A word of caution to all participants: Keep the scope on the build and related tech. Please don't use Skyroadster as a platform to continue extracurricular activities that have been moderated on the Solstice forum.

This post has been deleted
#4 ·
Welcome to the home of the Perma-grin. LOL

It's not all that ridiculous. I don't want overflow of conflict from another forum to land here and applaud a moderator that won't allow it to happen by shutting down forums and banning people if necessary. Sure maybe MB used a language of a rough nature but the principle is hardly ridiculous.

You'll get use to his manner of speaking...but if you think he's bad, wait until you meet Mike...LOL (though, for whatever reason I've never had an issue with MB or MM...go figure)

#5 ·
Two pretty good guys. Most of us are here for one thing and one thing only. The love of our cars. Some friendly banter on occasion, and I leave it at that. I have no idea of what is in the past, only what happens here. I welcome you to our forum, and hope you learn from us and we learn from you.

As my grand daughter says, sharing is caring. This is a little older group than on most forums, so we tend to protect each other more I guess.

Keep posting, I am looking forward to your information. Some of you guys know so much about these cars it amazes me. Mike, Midnight, Rob and TS, Robtech and Chris continuously give me bits of information. The reason I read this forum, and to laugh at/with Mike and Midnight when they get into their little squabbles.

Again Welcome. Off to Rice Rocket night Robo!!!

#9 ·
Welcome aboard.

This thread could be interesting, and probably will be, as long as it does not degenerate into a ‘’My pee is longer than yours’’ thread or into a ‘’I know things, you don’t’’ thread . Tell us the things we need to know, but, at the same time, let the other guys participate in the discussions. I hope Bogie and the other moderators will keep a vigilant eye.:bow: :lurk:

#13 ·
Hey he can stay or he can go, I really don't give a shlt, same goes for his stooges...
BTW, putting a sick mental MF'ers pic on this site didn't help you any dude.. you know who you are...
What most of you guys don't know is that this new "piss wad" sent me an uncalled for PM insulting me, I don't need his shlt, and I can care less about his 10,000 pieces of motor of his car...or his build..
So do you want me to post the very first comments you made in this thread that were deleted? You were extremely rude and called the guy an idiot in his first thread on this site. Maybe this will jog your memory, this was your second post in this thread...

Man you are a piece of work, why don't you just don't bother...
You have already poisoned the well...
That WAS a warm welcome idiot...
Already made it to my shlt (ignore) list... Nice job..
Try and have a nice day dude..

Whatever he said to you, I wouldn't say it was "Uncalled for".
It simply amazes me what these Kappa forums have turned into.

#18 ·
OK. Even though I was very much enjoying the back and forth banter, it`s time to get back to why I started this thread.

I was thinking that rather than me going through a ton of work and re-posting all the pictures, comments and videos for this build, I would simply direct you to my build thread on the Solstice Forum. Any new pics or vids from this point on will be posted here on the Sky forum.

So, if you are interested, below is the link that will take you to my EFR build. Grab a six-pack. There are 17 pages to get through....

EFR-6758 UPGRADE - It Begins!!!! - Pontiac Solstice Forum

I will also be posting other links that will take you to Photobucket. I`ve got a ton of stuff on there as well, going back to when I first picked the car up and then started modding it. Standby for that.

#20 ·
Attn: Mr Bogie.

I wasn`t sure how to do this so I will just ask here.

I would like to move this thread to the modification section, and if possible can we change the title to - ``LNF REBUILD - EFR6758 & FORGED ROTATING ASSEMBLY``

If there is anything else I have to do please let me know.

Cheers.
Herb.

#24 ·
One other thing. There are important and relevant issues that have been brought up inb the previous posts. My intention in my original post was to explain why a guy with a Solstice and 6 years of membership on a different forum mysteriously appears on a forum for a vehicle that he does not even own. It`s a given that we all share the same platform and amazing engine. However, what I think was either missed or was not properly conveyed by me, was the FACT that forums that delete posts willy-nilly just because it contradicts the moderators preferences and likes is wrong.

I just want to be able to share my newly found knowledge and experiences with all so that there is not some other poor bastard that has to. For those that see me as maliciously coming over to there playground to cause trouble - well...that is not me. You`ve got that wrong. The truth about vendors and other subjects must be known.

That`s it. End of story. I hope that all makes sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.