New member - Recently purchased a 2008 Sky Redline - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum
 

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ruination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 308
My Photos: (0)
New member - Recently purchased a 2008 Sky Redline

Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself since I have been lurking on here since looking into purchasing a Sky.

I finally settled on a 2008 Redline in Techno Gray (Chick Magnet Edition!!)

I bought it Certified Pre-owned w/39k miles on it, although I'm going back and forth with the dealership since they are having "issues" having it show up in the GM network as Certified.

Here's the dealer photos of the car - I have only had the car long enough to take one picture of it as it was pouring coolant from the waterpump the very next morning.... see below.








Oh yeah... It seems like I found all the common issues with this car all at once after driving her home from the dealer.

1. Waterpump seal - Dealer replacing waterpump & thermostat
2. Parking brake failure - Dealer is replacing everything from parking brake cable to and including one of the rear calipers.
3. Top latch handle came loose on the drive home??
4. Top alignment on drivers side.. noticed it is starting to fray the top.

So long story short. I bought it last friday... drove it home from Charlotte when I realized it was leaking and brought it on Saturday - due to having to order non stocked parking brake parts from michigan I don't get her back till friday or monday.

Anyways, just wanted to post up... thanks in advance for putting up with me.
__________________
2008 Sky Redline 5spd Techno Grey - Nice Weather
1999 Mitsubishi Montero - Crappy Weather
1992 Isuzu Pickup - Zombie Apocalypse
Ruination is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
08BlueSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 703
My Photos: (0)
Greenville SC I was just there visiting a buddy in Greer, darn nice places indeed!

Get yourself down to nearby DDM Works and get some great accessories!
08BlueSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TonyRedline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mount Washington, KY
Posts: 221
My Photos: (0)
Another 08 water pump after 30k...Welcome to the forum! Tons of information here.
__________________
08 Redline
3 pedal
Trifecta Tune
TonyRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ruination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 308
My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRedline View Post
Another 08 water pump after 30k...Welcome to the forum! Tons of information here.
Thanks!

I should have the car back today.. I can't wait.

Sadly, I need to file a formal complaint against the dealer I bought the car from.. but at least my car should be fixed up nice - GM is making it right.
__________________
2008 Sky Redline 5spd Techno Grey - Nice Weather
1999 Mitsubishi Montero - Crappy Weather
1992 Isuzu Pickup - Zombie Apocalypse
Ruination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rghoskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 491
My Photos: (0)
<---Greenville SC as well. Sorry to hear about all the challenges. When you get her right hit me up if you wanna cruise or grab a beer. FWIW, I bought mine in Feb with 65K on it and I just rolled 74K with no issues to report. Get her sorted and she should treat you right.
rghoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lllfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Posts: 2,205
My Photos: (14)
Welcome,
Have fun.
LLLFLY
__________________
08 PW R/L 5-spd,The Wolf
Goodyear Blimp flight 2010 NASSM
Best of Show Old Bridge,NJ 2011
Best Interior 2012 NASSM
2nd American Legends 2013
DDMWORKS Loaded, Wind Restrictor
lllfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gladmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 315
My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rghoskins View Post
<---Greenville SC as well. Sorry to hear about all the challenges. When you get her right hit me up if you wanna cruise or grab a beer. FWIW, I bought mine in Feb with 65K on it and I just rolled 74K with no issues to report. Get her sorted and she should treat you right.
You've only put 9,000 miles on it since Feb?????
I've had mine less than 2 months. It had 3,700 on it when I bought it. It now has 9,100. I drive it for pleasure only.
Of course, I'm retired and can drive it anytime I want. It is a lot of fun to drive.
__________________
2008 Bluestone Sky Redline
Venom Brace
Backbone Brace
Woodgrain interior
Diamond pattern console cover
Trifecta tune
gladmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rghoskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 491
My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladmaker View Post
You've only put 9,000 miles on it since Feb?????
I've had mine less than 2 months. It had 3,700 on it when I bought it. It now has 9,100. I drive it for pleasure only.
Of course, I'm retired and can drive it anytime I want. It is a lot of fun to drive.
I drive it to work and back about 25 miles round trip each day, plus whatever I drive outside of that. It's my only car.
rghoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cdnite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 201
My Photos: (0)




Techno Gray Sky RULES!!!

Stronger than a chick magnet, black hole kind of strong!!!!

Last edited by cdnite; 11-02-2012 at 11:03 PM.
cdnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MidniteBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 6,932
My Photos: (0)
Welcome to our mad house!!! Sad to hear how it all started out for you...
__________________
Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
MidniteBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
Bogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 5,581
My Photos: (0)
In retrospect, developing problems on a "Certified Pre-owned" soon after purchase is actually a good thing in the long run. It corrects the problems (vehicle as well as administrative) when there is little dispute on fault, and sets precedence for any other things that might pop up in near future.

Imagine if all these things popped up a year after purchase.
__________________
2008 Redline Auto
Born 7/20/07
"Don't apologize for irrationality.
Where would the car hobby be without it?"
- Bob Lutz
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Dave@ddmworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 552
My Photos: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave@ddmworks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruination View Post
Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself since I have been lurking on here since looking into purchasing a Sky.

I finally settled on a 2008 Redline in Techno Gray (Chick Magnet Edition!!)

I bought it Certified Pre-owned w/39k miles on it, although I'm going back and forth with the dealership since they are having "issues" having it show up in the GM network as Certified.

Here's the dealer photos of the car - I have only had the car long enough to take one picture of it as it was pouring coolant from the waterpump the very next morning.... see below.








Oh yeah... It seems like I found all the common issues with this car all at once after driving her home from the dealer.

1. Waterpump seal - Dealer replacing waterpump & thermostat
2. Parking brake failure - Dealer is replacing everything from parking brake cable to and including one of the rear calipers.
3. Top latch handle came loose on the drive home??
4. Top alignment on drivers side.. noticed it is starting to fray the top.

So long story short. I bought it last friday... drove it home from Charlotte when I realized it was leaking and brought it on Saturday - due to having to order non stocked parking brake parts from michigan I don't get her back till friday or monday.

Anyways, just wanted to post up... thanks in advance for putting up with me.
Welcome!

This is crazy we are actually starting to have some locals with Kappas! If you have any questions about the car, let us know, not sure where you are in Greenville, but we are down off of exit 40 on I-85, feel free to stop by sometime.

Dave
__________________
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com
Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 340whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane
Dave@ddmworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rghoskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 491
My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@ddmworks View Post
Welcome!

This is crazy we are actually starting to have some locals with Kappas! If you have any questions about the car, let us know, not sure where you are in Greenville, but we are down off of exit 40 on I-85, feel free to stop by sometime.

Dave
Maybe a meet is in the future?

Last edited by rghoskins; 11-03-2012 at 03:55 PM.
rghoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ruination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 308
My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rghoskins View Post
Maybe a meet is in the future?
I'm down for that..


Nice to know about the local DDM works, I know exactly what shop that is at.. who'd a thought??

My zip code is simpsonville but is on the outskirts of Piedmont and Greenville/Mauldin - I live off the 185 Loop (which reminds me I need to get another palmetto pass -- hate the toll, but love the road)

I can probably be at the DDM Works from my house in about 10 minutes or so lol... Just what I need some temptation to mod my car already.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
In retrospect, developing problems on a "Certified Pre-owned" soon after purchase is actually a good thing in the long run. It corrects the problems (vehicle as well as administrative) when there is little dispute on fault, and sets precedence for any other things that might pop up in near future.

Imagine if all these things popped up a year after purchase.
I couldn't agree more -- It was a little frustrating not having my car for a week after buying it and getting it home from charlotte, but the real issues I have were the original place jerking me around and ultimately I think they sold me a car that wasn't certified and made a mistake. That and there was about 1700 miles undocumented at the dealer since it came into their inventory.. the mileage was hand written in too many places to have been a mistake. Anyway - I got a good deal on it and it's Certified and all the problems will be fixed!!

I don't think I'll get tired of this car for alonnnng time.
__________________
2008 Sky Redline 5spd Techno Grey - Nice Weather
1999 Mitsubishi Montero - Crappy Weather
1992 Isuzu Pickup - Zombie Apocalypse

Last edited by Ruination; 11-04-2012 at 08:24 AM. Reason: attaching multple replies
Ruination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TonyRedline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mount Washington, KY
Posts: 221
My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladmaker View Post
You've only put 9,000 miles on it since Feb?????
I've had mine less than 2 months. It had 3,700 on it when I bought it. It now has 9,100. I drive it for pleasure only.
Of course, I'm retired and can drive it anytime I want. It is a lot of fun to drive.
Got mine in Jan..8,000 on it...Now have 32,000. I love driven this car
__________________
08 Redline
3 pedal
Trifecta Tune
TonyRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.