New owner blues - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
Please keep us posted on any concerns you're having. Feel free to contact us if you feel this isn't resolved properly. If you contact us, please include your situation, name of dealership, VIN#, contact information, name, and current mileage. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance
Too late to be resolved quickly
Navigation
Pablo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

I would like to officially apologize for my previous suggestion that you just leave the work to the professionals.

I would really like to see GM get a handle on their problems with service departments. This would be a good opportunity for GM to set an example.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #18 (permalink)

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Stage 1 View Post
I would like to officially apologize for my previous suggestion that you just leave the work to the professionals.

I would really like to see GM get a handle on their problems with service departments. This would be a good opportunity for GM to set an example.
Don't hold your breath, some dealers have that "it factor" and get it, others don't.. thankfully, so far my dealer is one of them, question is how long before GM ruins a good thing that's working..
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".
MidniteBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

Yah you need to sell back that extended waranty really bad, never buy anything but a car from a dealer no plans no upside down insurance none of it its all a rip off
Leppyxr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
TGC

Your dealers extended warranty does not sound too inclusive and your dealer does not sound like he has your best interests in mind.

This warranty and your plans for the Trifecta tune might not mix well. The tune can give them a reason to give you a hard time. If you decide to keep your extended warranty, you might want to consider the GMPP tune.
TGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGC View Post
Your dealers extended warranty does not sound too inclusive and your dealer does not sound like he has your best interests in mind.

This warranty and your plans for the Trifecta tune might not mix well. The tune can give them a reason to give you a hard time. If you decide to keep your extended warranty, you might want to consider the GMPP tune.
Yeah I considered that but I always have the option of flashing back to stock with the trifecta tune.

I found a local shop that will help with future problems. I am canceling the extending service contract and taking further business elsewhere. I want the freedom to tweak my car and have work done where I choose.
Navigation
Old 01-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo77 View Post
Yeah I considered that but I always have the option of flashing back to stock with the trifecta tune.

I found a local shop that will help with future problems. I am canceling the extending service contract and taking further business elsewhere. I want the freedom to tweak my car and have work done where I choose.
You do need to be aware that the ECM keeps a record, every time it gets flashed. I have seen this myself, displayed on a Tech II by a GM service tech. Each "Flash Update" had a separate code.

What I observed:

1. Original OEM Flash.
2. 2nd revised OEM flash for "08 brakes re-flash".
3. 3rd revised OEM flash for "08 with installed brake booster".
4. 4th flash with GMPP tune.

Each flash just had a numeric code, no description. But the tech could take the numeric code and find the corresponding change in the GM system. The GM system stores the most recent Flash at the mother-ship in Detroit. So if they have to re-flash my ECM, they automatically download the correct flash again. Each consecutive flash incorporates all of the previous changes that were made.

From what I have read, the Trifecta tune can be flashed back to stock. But what seems to be a little sketchy is if the ECM keeps track that there was another flash on it. Perhaps someone with direct knowledge will chime in here.

Sounds like you have come up with a better solution for you, considering future work. If you have found a good local shop that understands our cars, then you may want to just completely blow off warranty concerns at this point and do what you want anyway.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #23 (permalink)

Still not finished with my Sky! I was told today that the second check valve has not arrived.

Funny that when they billed me $30 to have the valves shipped overnight last Thursday the got it Friday. But when they ordered the second valve they failed to order the first time we now are "waiting on parts to arrive".

Towed the car in on 1/4 and informed them about the overheating TSB at that time.

Frustrating!
Navigation
Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoSoup View Post
DON'T have them do the check valves if $300 is the cost. The valves (as Bill said) are ~$13 each (list) - I recently bought two for $17+shipping. It takes minutes to take the hoses of and stick them in - 1/2 hour shop time at most, then they should be bleeding the air out of the coolant for the other issue anyway.

Thus, no more than $100 max for this, if you really want it done (and it's not THAT common an issue if you don't want to spend the cash). If you feel safer with it, try to work with the service manager. But again, not worth a lot of money to do it.

(NOTE: The TSB for the check valves shows a charge of 0.8 hours shop time TOTAL (and that includes the bleeding)! TSB 10-06-02-001)
Any link from where you bought the valves?
marbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbling View Post
Any link from where you bought the valves?
Well, I happened to get them from here: GM Parts - Genuine Replacement GM Parts - New GM Parts, but as with all online places, the question is whether they'll ship to yurrup for you. You could always email and ask... " If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with our service please contact: mking@newgmparts.net "

(Part link: http://www.newgmparts.com/parts/inde...&siteid=213815)

Last edited by TomatoSoup; 01-16-2013 at 10:08 AM.
TomatoSoup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Right - as long as you never post that you have the unauthorized tune on a forum that has a factory presence (like our GM rep that pops up and posts once in awhile). Oops....I guess that ship has sailed, hasn't it. There may be a flag ion the GM computer by your serial number as we speak!

General bit of advice to everyone - if you are going to violate warranty conditions, it is NOT a great idea to talk about it in a public forum, thus going down on record so as to potentially be denied coverage.

Don't think anyone reads the Internet? That's what the posters on Facebook (the technical term is 'morons') thought when they posted/boasted about their crimes - right before they were arrested.
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1965 Jensen CV8,
1971 Jensen Interceptor
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT (sold)
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
2013 Mazda 3 Sport
Bill in BC
wspohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoSoup View Post
Well, I happened to get them from here: GM Parts - Genuine Replacement GM Parts - New GM Parts, but as with all online places, the question is whether they'll ship to yurrup for you. You could always email and ask... " If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with our service please contact: mking@newgmparts.net "

(Part link: Pontiac Parts - GM Parts - Genuine Replacement GM Parts - New GM Parts)
Thanks!
marbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspohn View Post
Right - as long as you never post that you have the unauthorized tune on a forum that has a factory presence (like our GM rep that pops up and posts once in awhile). Oops....I guess that ship has sailed, hasn't it. There may be a flag ion the GM computer by your serial number as we speak!

General bit of advice to everyone - if you are going to violate warranty conditions, it is NOT a great idea to talk about it in a public forum, thus going down on record so as to potentially be denied coverage.

Don't think anyone reads the Internet? That's what the posters on Facebook (the technical term is 'morons') thought when they posted/boasted about their crimes - right before they were arrested.
How would a GM rep acquire my serial number????

Not really an issue as I have no warranty remaining on this car. The purchased extended service contract was not a good idea and will be refunded. I am not comfortable with a extended warranty that covers nothing to do with overheating on this car.

I have not installed the Trifecta tune yet, don't have the car to do it. But I will and may modify other parts later that would void warranty. I will take my service lumps as they come. Really more dissappointed with the whole GM experience so far.

You make a good point though, this forum is public.
Navigation
Old 01-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Administrator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Really more dissappointed with the whole GM experience so far.
It really does amaze me hearing your story plus many others I've heard on this forum as well as in my personal direct contacts with buyers/owners. Not just with Kappas, but with other models and even some other brands. The bulk of the issues are with "service" experiences.

Good service means happy customers. And happy CURRENT customers make for FUTURE customers. I wonder how many "futures" have been lost in the zeal to maximize current local margins at the expense of a current customer?

Sales and Service are symbiotic. With sales, there is no service. But how many realize that you need good service to get repeat sales?
Where would the car hobby be without it?"
- Bob Lutz
Bogie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #30 (permalink)

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
It really does amaze me hearing your story plus many others I've heard on this forum as well as in my personal direct contacts with buyers/owners. Not just with Kappas, but with other models and even some other brands. The bulk of the issues are with "service" experiences.

Good service means happy customers. And happy CURRENT customers make for FUTURE customers. I wonder how many "futures" have been lost in the zeal to maximize current local margins at the expense of a current customer?

Sales and Service are symbiotic. With sales, there is no service. But how many realize that you need good service to get repeat sales?
Well with my discontinued Saturn Sky's, they better be in their best behaviors.. If they want me to buy that hot, fast expensive caddie, they better take care of my ars now while tooling around in a sky... or the only repeat with me will be personal..
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".
MidniteBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion