Saturn Sky Forum banner

Original Owners?

4K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  lllfly 
#1 ·
Hi there, I'm one of the original members of this forum--and one of the original SKY owners (VIN 00689). It's hard to believe my SKY will be seven in a couple of months. She's been driven 21,327 miles.

I put the majority of the miles on in the first three years. Since then, I keep her garaged most of the time and take her for a drive on nice days. We like to take her out to Port Canaveral to have dinner at one of the restaurants that overlook the Port and watch the cruise ships leave. This past year I put less than 1000 miles on her. We talked about selling her--for about 30 seconds before quickly deciding that we really enjoy her even though we don't use her often, so she's not going anywhere.

The plan is to keep her until we just can't get in and out of her any longer--hopefully another 20-25 years. We figure about the time we go to sell, she'll have crept up in value pretty well, but time will tell.

I'm wondering how many of the originals owners still have their cars, what their mileage is, and what their plans are as far as keeping their car.

#3 ·
I originally had VIN 421 but the dealership screwed up and used the car as a demo for two weeks and I made them find me another. I ordered it 18 months before delivery--around Christmas 2004.

Reach out when the time gets closer, I go to Vero on business from time to time and might be able to meet you there. Eat at the Lemontree while you're there--great food but inexpensive. (not fancy, just great local, home-cooked food)

#7 ·
I'm wondering how many of the originals owners still have their cars, what their mileage is, and what their plans are as far as keeping their car.
I'm thinking most on the board are still original owners as I am. I don't see getting rid of mine ever; it's paid off and I have the pinky, it's a great roadster, so why get rid of it? This weekend I'm installing a HF cat and DDM coil cover. Been looking at whitewalls too :lol:

#8 ·
Mike - I'm an original owner if you count buying new from a dealer while Saturn was still in business. Late - Summer '09 - but original.

Good things come to those who wait. Most of the flaws were corrected by the demise in '09.

I appreciate all of you low VINs sorting out the bugs for us savvy late comers. :lol: :cheers:

#10 ·
Original owner of my 08 Sky with 65,000 memorable miles. Still get compliments on how nice she looks 5 yrs later. Not getting rid of her, ever. I rather enjoy my permagrin. Whitewalls? Maybe someday.

#17 · (Edited)
Hi back to ya..:).. Wife and I are original owners, 07 Sky 2.4L bought in August 06.. it's paid off, plan on keeping it until I can't fix it any more, has many miles 65k+ and growing every day,:D it IS a working sky, mama uses it every day to go to work in Miami Beach.. It now needs major work here and there, brakes, a new paint job, (and other expensive "little things") other than that it just still rocks da house.:driving: Don't matter what my VIN is..:D

BTW, I will be traveling to Titusville tomorrow on a business call are you guys close to there?? Won't have any time to visit or chat, just curious if that is your play ground (of course, I won't be in my sky, mama pilots that guy)..:( :willy:

#19 ·
I'm just west of Orlando. I'll be headed to see a customer in St. John's County tomorrow, but not in the SKY.

#22 ·
Original owners of two 08 Redlines:

1. Mine: Official GM Test Mule for anything that could possibly go wrong with a Kappa. :lol:

2. Wife's: Official GM Poster Child for why you should buy a Kappa. :driving:

I guess we have a bit of a bipolar relationship. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

#23 ·
I am the original owner of a 2008. I have 18k miles on it. I plan to keep it. I have a 2012 Mini Copper Countryman ALL4 that I drive in the winter. I have had a few warranty issues bad power steering pump the day I drove it home, positive battery terminal cable fell off, fried fuse box in the engine area. Car has been 100%fun!

#24 ·
Original owner of an '07 redline;
81,500 miles with no end in sight.
It's my daily driver turned garage queen :thumbs:

#25 · (Edited)
The Wolf is in Her den.
Waiting for Her new chrome 09 SE rims.
1st owner.
Vogue tyres- The inventor of the WhiteWall tyres.
LLLFLY

#29 ·
Coming soon 2-3 weeks.
Waiting on the phone call.
Then a 9hr drive to pick them up.
If you think your waiting it is keeping me up
at night.
MMike is going to post pics if back in time.
No one had done this that I know of.
Chomred out 09 SE rims.
LLLFLY

#31 · (Edited)
My father and I are both original owners of Redlines. We waited for the turbo (which seemed like 10 years). He picked it up Dec 06 and mine came in 4 weeks later Jan 07. Both 07. He has only 9,750 miles and mine has 14,500 miles and is still in brand new condition. He is 77 and has willed his car to me, hopefully I do not get it for another 30 years! Maybe 25 anniversary of the car they will both hit Barrett Jackson. I predict a very high value by then. Figuring the 67 camaro is worth 10x what the cost when they came out, I will take $350,000.00 each! And with hyperinflation the way it is going they can be worth 3.5 million for all we know. By then a loaf of bread will be $1,000.00!:eek:

Attachments

#32 ·
Better add me to the list. Original 2007 Redline. I'll keep it until she divorces me...

#34 ·
one of the first, well don't know about that but

I did order mine May 2006 and it was delivered to me on Oct 3rd.
105,000 on her now :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.