Saturn Going Out of Business, what now? - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 12:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Saturn Going Out of Business, what now?

I will be trying to sell my 2008 Sky Redline in the next few months and was wondering how Saturn's going out of business will affect the sale. Does anybody know if it will hurt/help the sale? I know the warranty will still be honored at GM dealers, but what about the actual worth of the car?

Help!
jmorg65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
GT!

My Photos: (2)
Watch autotrader.com and ebay for an indication of prices. There are also online services such as kbb and edmunds that will provide free estimates.

-GT
GT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorg65 View Post
I will be trying to sell my 2008 Sky Redline in the next few months and was wondering how Saturn's going out of business will affect the sale. Does anybody know if it will hurt/help the sale? I know the warranty will still be honored at GM dealers, but what about the actual worth of the car?

Help!
It is horrible right now. I tell ya what I'll do. I'll give you 5k right now and that will save you a ton of grief. You'll prolly only get like 4k in a month. So im doing you a favor.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monadzback View Post
It is horrible right now. I tell ya what I'll do. I'll give you 5k right now and that will save you a ton of grief. You'll prolly only get like 4k in a month. So im doing you a favor.
i see monadzback's 5k and raise my offer to 6k. you know.. .to save you the trouble and all

But seriously:

I have seen that these cars are rare. You should get a pretty decent amt for the car. Turns out that Saturn going out of business didn't really do anything to the value of the sky's.

If you are smart, you will wait until April, when it gets warmer, and put a high price on it. (20k or so) See if you can get someone with the summer fever and wanting to pay for the car.

Just hold out as long as you can. I am sure you will find someone who wants it.

for reference, I just bought my 2008 RL with 45k miles and in good condition for about 17,999. And I would say I got a fair deal on mine. No one really "robbed the other party" in our transaction.
miller11386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to T1T2GRE
I am considering jettisoning mine for about 25K, seeing as it has every single GMPP upgrade and only 11K, in addition to a hardtop and brand new WR. Wonder how that will do come April.

'08 Sky RL traded for 1 Series M Coupe
T1T2GRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Spring is here and summer is on the way. The value goes up at this time. Also location matters, you can get more in the south because of the increase of top down time. Put it out there and see what happens.
smokescreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion