Save the Kappa. The time is now! - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Have you sent your letters to Gm yet?
Yes! 22 30.14%
No 46 63.01%
Not yet but I plan to soon, Scouts Honor! 5 6.85%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Per Diem Administrator
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (90)
Save the Kappa. The time is now!

Solstice owners and enthusiasts!

With the current economic crisis facing General Motors, combined with the impending increases in CAF╔ fuel economy standards, recent press reports, and what information has filtered out of GM, we believe that there is a real cause for concern regarding the immediate future, and long term future of the Sky, Solstice, Opel GT, and kappa platform in general.

In light of this, we would like to introduce to you a new website…

Save the Kappa!

Fformula88, Mceb, and myself have put together this website in the hopes of spurring on a grass roots effort to inform General Motors that the large and enthusiastic community of kappa owners do appreciate their efforts for bringing this car to market, and continue to yearn for updates, improvements, and future products.

I urge everyone to visit the site, review it’s contents, and take some sort of action. We have included some basic information about the current state of the platform, as well as some tips and hints as to what you can do.

If you so chose to participate, we would also like to stress the importance of sending a letter, or multiple letters to General Motors and the decision makers inside that corporation. Sending a snail mail letter, possible with a picture of yourself and your pride and joy kappa, is far more personal than an email, or an online petition. It tells the reader that the writer has enough passion and drive in their cause to have sat down, wrote out the letter, purchased a stamp, and physically mailed it. An email or online petition may try to convey the same information, but the ease and quickness of using electronic forms such as this just don’t carry the same weight as a good old fashioned snail mail letter. We have also provided names and address of some people at GM (on the site) who we would recommend writing. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to send a separate copy to each one.

If you value the kappa and would like to see it continue to be offered and improved upon by GM, then the time to be heard is now!

Thank you for your time and support in this matter!

Long Live the Kappa!
brentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Per Diem Administrator

Downloadable STK Letters

We have a slew of Templates you can use to help get your letter written to someone at GM a bit faster. However we realize there are a lot of files so I've written up this primer to help make choosing the right file for you easier.

You can find all of the files in the STK Downloads section located here;
Save the Kappa! - Downloads

There are in essence only 3 different documents, we just have several different formats of each one. The files in ZIP formats require a tool to unzip them like WinZIP, WinRAR, or Windows XP/Vista have it built in natively. The Word files are Word 97 and on compatible. The RTF files are Rich Text Files that should work on most operating systems and contain formatting. The TXT files are text files with no formatting but will work on all operating systems.

Blank STK Letter - This is a template of a blank letter format for sending a formal letter. No guidance or information is included. If you know what you want to write but just want help with the formal layout this is the file you want.

Guided STK Letter - This is a formal letter template with multiple questions in it to help guide yourself to writing a personalized letter. If you need help writing a letter and want to make it personal this is the file you want.

Pre Done STK Letter - This is a formal pre-written letter by FFormula88 that you can print up and add your information and mail off. If you don't have time to write a letter just use this one and send it on!

All STK Letters - If you want a copy of all documents and all formats then download this ZIP file containing all of them
Old 01-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Per Diem Administrator

You can also update your signature on forums to help get the word out!

SolForum/SkyRoadster

HTML Code:
[center][SIZE="7"][u][b][url=http://www.savethekappa.org]Save the Kappa![/url][/b][/u][/SIZE]
[color=red]A grassroots movement to save the Kappa platform based cars.
It's not just a car, it's a lifestyle and a community.[/color][/center]
Sol-Forum sig
HTML Code:
[center][size=20pt][u][b][url=http://www.savethekappa.org]Save the Kappa![/url][/b][/u][/size]
[color=red][size=12pt]A grassroots movement to save the Kappa platform based cars.
It's not just a car, it's a lifestyle and a community.[/size][/color][/center]
I've also made some avatars if you so wish to help get the word out that way as well!

100x100 Avatar

110x110 Avatar

150x150 Avatar

Old 01-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

My Photos: (4)
I'm on it!

Home of the original Windrestrictor« brand Wind Deflectors and Door Sills
972-487-5987
Wind Restrictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
Technically, I sent word about saving Saturn. If the brand isn't there, well then the platform I'm sure wouldn't continue either.
GMPP CAI/Cat-Back Exhaust
Splash Guards
Opel Antenna

2008 Astra XR 3 dr
Twilight Blue/Black/5 spd
Splash Guards

ImSaturn
ChgoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to compdoc777 Send a message via Yahoo to compdoc777
Do you honestly think they will save a car with no practicallity other than the Vette?

If I was the Senate I would tell them to ditch the Vette and keep the Kappa, (better fuel mileage), but at least the Vette has a boot more than I can say for the Kappa.

If Honda, Acura, Toyota, Lexus are axing their convert then you bet GM will follow suit on that model. In times of bad economy people don't buy luxury items and the kappa is a luxury item. No use other than a commuter car and just about any car around it's size and gas mileage has more room, better fuel economy.

Just my 2 cents...
  • Dejon IC pipes
  • Hahn IC
  • 3" Magnaflow Quad Exhaust
  • DDM BBK (RED)
compdoc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Can you make the avatars smaller memory wise?

I tried to upload one on the G8 board, and it appears I can have a 150 x 150 avatar, but it is limited to 19.5 KB.
dengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Per Diem Administrator

This thread is not a discussion on the negatives of the Kappa, but a thread about positive action and doing something about it! So go write a letter or 5 to GM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by compdoc777 View Post
Do you honestly think they will save a car with no practicallity other than the Vette?

If I was the Senate I would tell them to ditch the Vette and keep the Kappa, (better fuel mileage), but at least the Vette has a boot more than I can say for the Kappa.

If Honda, Acura, Toyota, Lexus are axing their convert then you bet GM will follow suit on that model. In times of bad economy people don't buy luxury items and the kappa is a luxury item. No use other than a commuter car and just about any car around it's size and gas mileage has more room, better fuel economy.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 01-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by compdoc777 View Post

Just my 2 cents...
I gotta agree with B' here. The points you make are factors in why we think it is important to get out there, take a minute to write a letter, and drop it in the mail to let GM know you like these cars and want to see them continue.

We cannot make the decision for GM, but we do have the power of our collective voice to try and influence their decision. The kappas were first produced in large part because lots of people told GM they loved it. They do listen to their customers and enthusiasts.

All we ask is to write a personal letter, buy a couple stamps, and mail them off! It won't take long, and I bet most of us here can still afford a few stamps!
Fformula88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (7)
Send a message via AIM to SteveSky67 Send a message via MSN to SteveSky67 Send a message via Yahoo to SteveSky67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fformula88 View Post

All we ask is to write a personal letter, buy a couple stamps, and mail them off! It won't take long, and I bet most of us here can still afford a few stamps!
now I can agree with this
08/10/07 Order Date
09/11/07 Picked Up
04/03/09 PAID IN FULL
04/18/09 TITLE IN HAND
20 Time Trophy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred View Post
I've taken a rear-ending or two in my day, but I've never been slammed like that! :eek:
SteveSky67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Per Diem Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengel View Post
Can you make the avatars smaller memory wise?

I tried to upload one on the G8 board, and it appears I can have a 150 x 150 avatar, but it is limited to 19.5 KB.
I converted all the files to PNG instead of jpg so they're smaller and better looking now. However with the larger image size ones it's going to be impossible to make them that small size wise and maintain their looks. I'll see if I can make a more cut down version that will be smaller size wise.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to compdoc777 Send a message via Yahoo to compdoc777
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentil View Post
This thread is not a discussion on the negatives of the Kappa, but a thread about positive action and doing something about it! So go write a letter or 5 to GM!
Hey have you checked the poll? The flock seem to be heading a different direction. Don't feel, bad this will just make our cars rare and thus worth more in the future.
  • Dejon IC pipes
  • Hahn IC
  • 3" Magnaflow Quad Exhaust
  • DDM BBK (RED)
compdoc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (48)
Send a message via Yahoo to VXTURBO
Lets get this thing signed!!!

2008 silver pearl redline
red leather
GM passenger cab tonneau
Remote licenseplate
Lil chromies
kappawindscreen
kappasprings
Opel GT taillights
Opel GT wheel caps
Opel GT foormats
Opel GT grill
Opel GT waterfall
NO ANTENNAS
VXTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

My Photos: (4)
Brent,

Who are we supposed to address the letters to. The downloads leave that section blank?

Home of the original Windrestrictor« brand Wind Deflectors and Door Sills
972-487-5987
Wind Restrictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

Someone needs to set up a Facebook group with this information.

I would, but I don't really know how!
icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion