So we shall see. I think I'm still going to try to get the Sky.
There are many quirks with the SKY that, by themselves, are proverbial straws. But collectively can break your back. A SKY isn't about the glamor and fun without the price. It's about paying the price for the glamor and fun. The problems are all over these boards, so if you do the homework you won't be surprised. I'll throw out a few for good measure:
1. Center console will crack, if not already.
2. Steering wheel will get stuck (unless you center it...do this always before turning car off.)
3. If you have Turbo, something will go wrong with it. Solenoid, piping, intercooler, clamps...sooner or later; expect it. Could be cheap/small, or could be big/costly.
4. Top must be babied. It will pinch and rip. Rubber seals will need to be replaced...sooner or later.
5. LNF fuel pump ticks. Drives some folks crazy. No mind for others.
6. Three inches clearance at the dam. If you have never driven a low rider, you will definitely need change habits or it will scrape until it's hanging...replace...and repeat.
7. Interior rattles; most can be DIY fixed...but be ready.
8. If it's a 2008....check all the posts on the brake issues.
9. You will need to remove the fender to change battery....or pay for the labor.
10. Changing bulbs in rear is a big pain.
There are many other issues. Of course, any car (especially used) will come with issues. It's just that the kappa tends to have all the standard issues PLUS a lot more unique to a fast track low rate production convertible.
I've had mine over five years. Would do it all over again. But the car is definitely what one would call "high maintenance" in terms of owner care and accommodation. If you are willing to put up with all the extra effort, a SKY is a very rewarding experience. But if the extra effort becomes a pain, then the experience suffers. The gemstone becomes a millstone.