Should I buy this Sky Redline!?!? - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
This is all very academic...he is buying the car off a lot. And I would never buy a SKY with that much mileage...unless u r dropping in a new engine...and disconnecting the idiot lights...and have lots of money. Do u believe this kid has lots of money...GEESH! Let's be relevant. Our cars were not well built...most of us suffered with a R/L and that is why I am happy with the N/A
Mike is right! the car has been driven to many miles for a Saturn....
Oh, did MM also tell you that the 2007's were experimental cars, buy a 2008 or 2009 year model.....

Kidding aside, Stay away from that car, their are plenty of Kappas being sold with a lot less mileage just for an extra grand or so...
MARVIC 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
I cannot believe the senior members giving this advice...the newbees are dumb...and any senior member who does the academic advice is even dumber...DO NOT BUY THAT CAR, PERIOD!

If u have 13k to lose...buy it.. but it will give u nothing but headaches. It is a parts car basically at this point.
I'm shocked that you insulted 2 "senior members" in that way when trying to help a newb buy his sky.. Since only SaturnSkyDude and myself responded to the OP before your dumb post, I'm gonna assume YOU are mistaken, literally, and are having another one of your brain farts (that seem to happening more and more lately)... Also calling a new member dumb shows a little bit more about your makeup and your slowed mental agility as time passes..
Calling us even dumber is condescending and rather insulting...
Makes one wonder whom the dummy really is eh?

As others have also stated above, just because it has high mileage does NOT make that car defective in any way, proper maintenance and the OP doing his homework and thorough inspections will tell if its a good deal or not..
I'm disappointed in you MM...

You use to help newbs here all the time, now (lately) you have become a mean, crotchety old man, insulting new members (& senior members), you are not the same nice guy I thought I knew, met, had dinner & drinks with and considered a 'friend'...

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
MidniteBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

It's a car. They sometimes break. They will however run several hundred thousand miles. If the car's in good shape and has been maintained it's got A LOT of life left it.
rghoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
My personal advice is to buy a well maintained one with lower miles from a known person on one of the 3 Kappa boards.

This way you can get honest references on the car and can do searches on the owners username to check to see what posts he made about any problems the vehicle had.

Too many people put too much stock in Car Fax. There is no requirement to report anything to car fax.

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
Elff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)
We need parts buy the car.
Buy the car if you need something to work on.
LLLFLY
Best Interior 2012 NASSM
2nd American Legends 2013
DDMWORKS Loaded, Wind Restrictor
lllfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

75K miles and counting. Never a single issue.
rghoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

Car is just getting broken in at 100k. Great deal I'd Buy it in a heartbeat. Then again I'm my own mechanic and I love fixing problems.
Naus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #23 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Make sure it wasn't floating around in the east coast and later find out its been waterlogged.
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion