Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum (http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/)
-   General Saturn Sky Discussion (http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Sky OBD problem (http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2/sky-obd-problem-46546/)

60ampfuse 09-27-2013 12:23 PM

Sky OBD problem

Hey guys, I dont have a Saturn sky but my manager does. He went to have it inspected the other day and it failed because the computer couldnt read the OBD port. I connected my own personal scanner to it and it said the same thing. I checked all the fuses under the hood and the ones behind the passenger carpet and they were all good. I was hoping maybe someone on here knew of any problems that could cause this? I'm just trying to help him out so he doesnt have to take it to a Saturn dealer and pay $2000 for a new BCM.
Thanks,
Aaron

Black_Out 09-28-2013 12:38 AM

Maybe this can shed some light on the matter?

Code reader "link error" anybody ?

OBDII Help needed

SkyVue2 09-28-2013 12:58 AM

obd2 port?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 60ampfuse (Post 645466)
I'm just trying to help him out so he doesnt have to take it to a Saturn dealer and pay $2,000 for a new BCM.

If you can find a SATURN dealership am sure that MARVIC 1 will give you two thousand dollars. :D

lllfly 09-28-2013 02:29 AM

MARVIC 1 is a SATURN SKY R/L Dealership.
LLLFLY

christopher_2 09-28-2013 10:10 PM

If you have gone through the other posts and checked everything here is some more information.

If you have not done it yet, remove the connectors from the BCM and reseat them. The BCM is the first point that the can-bus lines connect to. Try the can-bus reader again.

If that does not work here is where to start. I am not at home with my service manuals so I can't give specifics.

Do some research and find the two data lines for the can-bus. If you look on google or read through some posts you can find the OBDII pin out. I don't know the pins off the top of my head.

Next you need to check the resistance of those two lines with the BATTERY DISCONNECTED. If the line is not broken you will get 60 ohms. If you get an open or 120 ohms the line is broke somewhere. Let us know what you get and I can help from there.

Found this page that gives you all the data for checking the resistance of the canbus.

OBD II diagnostic interface pinout diagram @ pinoutsguide.com

christopher_2 09-28-2013 10:14 PM

Don't assume he needs a bcm the canbus line runs through several modules in the car, five or six off the top of my head. The first module is the bcm the last is the ecm. A break anywhere in the middle will cause issues. Also check the voltages first if you have not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 60ampfuse (Post 645466)
Hey guys, I dont have a Saturn sky but my manager does. He went to have it inspected the other day and it failed because the computer couldnt read the OBD port. I connected my own personal scanner to it and it said the same thing. I checked all the fuses under the hood and the ones behind the passenger carpet and they were all good. I was hoping maybe someone on here knew of any problems that could cause this? I'm just trying to help him out so he doesnt have to take it to a Saturn dealer and pay $2000 for a new BCM.
Thanks,
Aaron