Saturn Sky Forum banner

So I put the G6 radio into the Green Dragon

4K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  TomatoSoup 
#1 ·
And sadly I am going to have to take it out again.

I have the Sky USB radio in Punisher and its very nice.

The G6 radio now in the Dragon is even better!

Sure the chimes are louder, but I cant hear them on the USB radio at speed and with the top down the G6's louder chimes are just ok with me.

But no one told me (Mike) the sound response of the G6 radio in a Monsoon car is fantastic! Its got a lot more . .. everything. More base, more trebble, more mid range response. Even with the settings at the low end of the range it sounds tons better to my old ears (10 years on the range with the M68 gun).

So sadly I am forced to swap radios between the cars. :willy::banghead::grouphug::jester::thumbs:

#2 ·
Sorry Rob but no one asked...
Mike an I have discuss this matter many times over the phone and emails. Yes you are right the sound is amplified a hell of a lot better with filter upon filters, the sound is fantastic! I added better upscale door speakers and it ups it another notch.. I have a nice 10" sub that will be installed hopefully soon.. Let the music begin!!!

#7 ·
I will post some pictures tomorrow. I had Jeff paint the face piano black so it visually matches the Sky perfectly. As stated above the USB port is on the left but I use black USB cables to the glove box for the (black) iPod so it is not noticable and tends to look "techie" any way.

I am going to order my own G6 radio for the Punisher soon and put my USB radio up for sale I think.:D:banghead:

#13 ·
From all the research I have done I believe it is louder because its programmed for a non monsoon car, so its amped going to the amp. You could probably do the same to your Sky radio at the dealer to save money.

Please tell me if I am wrong and just the output levels are just different. Then ill put one in my car :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.