Saturn Sky Forum banner

Top down weather!!!!

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Windancer 
#1 ·
Finally, last week it was high 70s to low 80s all week blue skys and popcorn clouds, and this week will be the same. Went to church with the top down to my wifes chagrin.:grin:

#5 ·
Last time I was in South West Florida (55 years ago) a convertible would not have been every useful. Just Gators, Sharks and LOTS and LOTS of mosquitoes. We got out of the car ONCE and ever tried that again because the mosquitoes covered us like a blanket. :willy:

#6 ·
If the sun is out but it's still cold (say 50's) I will still drop the top but will add heating in and around my legs. Still very enjoyable, even at freeway speeds!
Only need to do this for a short period in SoCal, then the weather flips to needing A/C cooling even with the top down!

#7 ·
I was born and raised in SoCal. I dont think I have ever seen AC weather in the west side of the mountains. Only reason for top up is precipitation!!! LOL.

#19 ·
Yes, I live east of the Coastal Mountain Range
I live on the Great Plains of Canada........enuf said :grin:

Terry
:cheers:

#15 ·
yes those are the mountains. divide "real" so cal from the desert.

I guess in September when I make my epic trek "From Chicago to LA" on The Mother Road (RT 66), I will have to drop by and see you BOTH as I will be heading south to Oceanside out of San Bernadino.:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.