Saturn Sky Forum banner

Travel Buddy Cup Holders

8K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Blue Baby 
#1 ·
Has anybody tried these "Travel Buddy" cup holders designed for Corvettes? They "look like" they might work, but there are many different models with slightly different designs & angles. I've seen them on Amazon and eBay as well. Just wondering if anybody has tried them and if so, which "model" worked the best?

Couple of links to them HERE and HERE

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I've been looking all over to find the dimensions (at least the height) and nobody seems to have any. I've even been searching for the manufacturer, but thus far no luck. I'm interested in the single cup design, but there are several models available. I'd like to get the longest one so I can trim it down to fit tight. If I find anything I'll post results.

Art

#6 · (Edited)
Success...

I ordered the C5 Travel Buddy drink holder from West Coast Corvette (www.westcoastcorvette.com ~ part #16186062 ) for $25 plus shipping. Shaved off a little more than an inch from the bottom (on a slight angel to match the floor contour) and a notch where it sits over the seat mounting bracket. Seems very secure, goes in easy and removes easy as well. I rarely have a passenger, but when I do I could remove it if necessary, or when attending a car show. Very happy with the results thus far.

Attachments

#9 ·
@a_bartle

By any chance, do you have a 30 OZ Yeti tumbler? If so does it fit? The one link you gave said it had a 3" wide by 3" deep opening. That's pretty darn close to the dimensions of the bottom part of the tumbler. I don't trust the swing out holder to hold such a heavy drink.

Thanks

#13 ·
30oz Yeti is a (qualified) "no go." :(

stungjoe,

I have this holder in my Corvette. My 30oz Yeti will sit in it, but does not sit all the way down, and so is _not_ stable. You _might_ be able to modify the opening, but at that point, ... :frown:

#10 ·
No, I do not have a 30 oz. Yeti Tumbler. However, I did go out with a measuring tape and the 3"x3" is pretty accurate. And I agree, with so much discussion and bad reports with the swing out cup holder, I would not risk it either. Actually I've decided not to use it what-so-ever; hence my search for a good, affordable substitute.

#12 ·
I have the DDM Center Console Armrest installed in my car, see picture below.
I modified their original black plastic cups with stainless steel ones. I find them a bit shallow to really secure a bottle or a can 'but' it can be done with caution, just another nice bling IMO...

#18 ·
Who did the leather work, and about what did it cost? Are you saying the stainless is to shallow or even the plastic ones that come with it are to shallow?

#16 ·
My stock swing out is broken,the circle is not complete and the cup falls out. Helps my wife to loose weight. The cost of a new one is outrageous.

#22 · (Edited)
Just a little update to report. I drove the Sky this weekend a fair amount. Happy to report that the cupholder performed very well, held my large coffee securely, and the reach wasn't an issue... very satisfied! Also, as the photos show, it does intrude into the passenger foot-well a bit (but I don't have passengers very often, so it wasn't a big concern for me), HOWEVER, I decided to test that as well. I sat in the passenger side of the car and to my surprise, the cupholder really didn't interfere with leg room or make contact with my left leg. On that side of the car the foot-well kind of jets off to the right anyway, so my legs didn't hit the cupholder. I'm 5' 9" tall, so "perhaps" a really tall person would have different results, but I don't honestly think it would matter.....?

So I believe with the modifications, it's a nice option/solution to the "cupholder" dilemma in our cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.