Trifecta oh holy crap! - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
Send a message via AIM to compdoc777 Send a message via Yahoo to compdoc777
Trifecta oh holy crap!

Just purchased the Trifecta tune replacing my BSR tune. All I can say on the base tune damn! That is insane! I have barely even been into the throttle and it is scary. Tried at first with it on base tune and it seemed like my BSR tune may still be. Then I switched to Competitive mode and the car ran like a rocket. That is just the base tune so far it is actually running the way it should for the first time with the Fujita intake which is back on. I drilled three holes through that cover just below the CAI about 1.5" each that seems to feed the car the air it was robbed by the closed intake and the intake air is much cooler . I am impressed so far will take it to a dyne here and see what i get.
  • Dejon IC pipes
  • Hahn IC
  • 3" Magnaflow Quad Exhaust
  • DDM BBK (RED)
compdoc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Wait... the tune is different when in competitive mode?
miller11386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller11386 View Post
Wait... the tune is different when in competitive mode?

Some of the Trifecta tunes are only invoked when switches are in certain setting. The usual are the TC switch, which in Competition mode can trigger the tune, or the cruise control.

You can also have them on all the time if you ask for them that way.
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1965 Jensen CV8,
1971 Jensen Interceptor
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT (sold)
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
2013 Mazda 3 Sport
Bill in BC
wspohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

I want, I want!

In time =)

I have had an electronic cut out from an old car I never installed. I think that's going on before I move to trifection! lol =)

Engine:
RPi Exhaust, SOLO HF Cat, DDM IC Pipes, GMPP CAI
GMPP & Trifecta Tuned

Suspension:
LVKFB, DDM Probeam, DDM Extreme Backbone

Misc:
Crux Bluetooth BEEBG-25
JW-Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Glad you enjoy it
gxpripped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Compdoc777 - Did you get a chance to hit the dyno yet? Really curious to see how the tune performs.

Hers - '08 Bluestone Redline. GMPP tune, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone, debadged (mostly). FOR SALE
roadstersol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by compdoc777 View Post
Just purchased the Trifecta tune replacing my BSR tune. All I can say on the base tune damn! That is insane! I have barely even been into the throttle and it is scary.
It's a good scary GET UP & GO NOW ! Rahputa went from 12-13lb. max. stock boost to 23-24lbs. with the Trifecta, even more ballsy in COMP mode, sounds awesome too when getting on it with the SOLO Hi-Flo cat, 3" MagnaFlow & DEJON cia mods.

You Rock Vince ... while we roll FAST !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspohn View Post
Some of the Trifecta tunes are only invoked when switches are in certain setting. The usual are the TC switch, which in Competition mode can trigger the tune, or the cruise control.

You can also have them on all the time if you ask for them that way.
I use CC 'off' triggered, CC 'on' Stealth mode and x-way travel... and all TC modes available with tune !

cket.com/albums/dd329/HDynaglider/Helo%20Wheels/7af4d25f.jpg[/IMG]

SOLO: Hi-Flo Cat
EIBACH: Pro-Kit
TRIFECTA'd
"4 Wheels moves the body - 2 Wheels moves the Soul"

Last edited by Kewlkr8; 11-18-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Kewlkr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

I will probably use the cruise control button also. Will take some getting used to since I like to use CC all the time. I turn traction control totally off (can't stand TC except the rare occasion I have to drive in the rain) so that option probably wouldn't work. Still thinking about it but will have to decide come February 'cuz that is gonna be my birthday gift!

Hers - '08 Bluestone Redline. GMPP tune, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone, debadged (mostly). FOR SALE
Old 10-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadstersol View Post
Compdoc777 - Did you get a chance to hit the dyno yet? Really curious to see how the tune performs.
Tried yesterday after I got off work place was supposed to close at 6:00PM and I got there and they were closed at 5:30 PM even though I made an appointment.

So they won't be getting my cash. I'll be heading to Carboy in a week or two which is open on the weekend and close to my office. Still have not had time to pull data logs to send back to Trifecta to enhance the tune, but based on the performance alone from the base tuning it is night and day from BSR which still seem to be my base tune instead of stock.

I did end up going up against a new Sti the new three door hatch version all dolled up in graphics and ended up blowing the doors off it with little effort. Should have seen the look on those people faces as I passed them full tilt with this girl dropped jaw. Also a new Mazda speed 3 got served as well some hottie teenaged chick thought she was the bomb. No contest on that one.

• Dejon IC pipes
  • Hahn IC
  • DDM BBK (RED)

Last edited by compdoc777; 10-30-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

nice. I love kill stories
Old 10-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
I didn't know any better and got an automatic Red-Line. What could I expect from a Trifecta Tune vs. a GMR Tune? With the GMR I am getting about 235 whp on the dyno.

Last edited by JimElvis; 11-07-2010 at 08:38 AM.
JimElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Tried yesterday after I got off work place was supposed to close at 6:00PM and I got there and they were closed at 5:30 PM even though I made an appointment.

So they won't be getting my cash. I'll be heading to Carboy in a week or two which is open on the weekend and close to my office. Still have not had time to pull data logs to send back to Trifecta to enhance the tune, but based on the performance alone from the base tuning it is night and day from BSR which still seem to be my base tune instead of stock.

I did end up going up against a new Sti the new three door hatch version all dolled up in graphics and ended up blowing the doors off it with little effort. Should have seen the look on those people faces as I passed them full tilt with this girl dropped jaw. Also a new Mazda speed 3 got served as well some hottie teenaged chick thought she was the bomb. No contest on that one.

Guess they have so much business in this booming economy they don't need your money! Just give us an update when you get the chance.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Guess they have so much business in this booming economy they don't need your money! Just give us an update when you get the chance.
Ok barely made it today I was 1/2 mile from the place and there was a huge accident just little further down the road blocking all the lanes. But I did make it in and they dynoed the car and I got my Data Log runs done. The tune before any tweeking is putting down 288 whp and 340 torque.

The 3rd run was a 3rd gear run the first two were 4th gear pulls.

I am thinking with a straight down pipe or cat delete I might make it over 300whp. I mean that is just 12 whp to go.

• Dejon IC pipes
  • Hahn IC
  • DDM BBK (RED)
Old 11-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok barely made it today I was 1/2 mile from the place and there was a huge accident just little further down the road blocking all the lanes. But I did make it in and they dynoed the car and I got my Data Log runs done. The tune before any tweeking is putting down 288 whp and 340 torque.

The 3rd run was a 3rd gear run the first two were 4th gear pulls.

I am thinking with a straight down pipe or cat delete I might make it over 300whp. I mean that is just 12 whp to go.

Sweet!

I've been thinking about doing something with the cat/converter myself. Would be nice to get the 300 hp.
With traction that should get us into the mid 4's 0-60 times.

Last edited by roadstersol; 11-05-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Sweet!

I've been thinking about doing something with the cat/converter myself. Would be nice to get the 300 hp.
With traction that should get us into the mid 4's 0-60 times.
It is crazy right now I can just hit the gas at speed and the car will roast the tires. I have to be careful because this car is making more torque than my Expedition with a 5.4 liter in it.

If the car were being sold that would be 330 HP and 390 Torque.

That's more torque than the Audi R8 V8 and since is weighs in at 3600 lbs.

I have 600 lbs weight advantage over the extra 89 HP it has. Don't know what that would calculate out to.
  • Dejon IC pipes
  • Hahn IC
  • DDM BBK (RED)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion