Trifecta oh holy crap! - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #31 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Or maybe not depending on what you paid for it!

Hers - '08 Bluestone Redline. GMPP tune, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone, debadged (mostly). FOR SALE
roadstersol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #32 (permalink)
GT!

My Photos: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARVIC 1 View Post
OK then, everyone that got a Trifecta tune should of have gotten the Basic Trifecta tune unless they are changing over to a bigger Turbo like wspohn mentioned below?
When I had mine Trifecta-tuned the basic tune was not available, but if I was doing it again I'd go with the basic tune and save the $. There's very little difference in power between them on a mostly stock engine.

-GT
GT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Pilot View Post
If you believe the dyno,

To bad this dyno chart doesn't show the before but it does show an after tune. Nothing to compare numbers with the same car & dyno...
What Mods besides the Trifecta Tune was installed on this car?
MARVIC 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #34 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARVIC 1 View Post
To bad this dyno chart doesn't show the before but it does show an after tune. Nothing to compare numbers with the same car & dyno...
What Mods besides the Trifecta Tune was installed on this car?
You're right. Although Compdoc777 indicates in his original post that it was stock, his signature (which as you know is dynamic) does indicate that he (now) has several performance enhancing mods, we just don't know whether they were installed before or after is runs. That said, those dyno values are in line with values Vince and Steve had quoted me in a string of e-mails with only my new IC pipes and no other mod before I installed the tune.
Sky_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Pilot View Post
You're right. Although Compdoc777 indicates in his original post that it was stock, his signature (which as you know is dynamic) does indicate that he (now) has several performance enhancing mods, we just don't know whether they were installed before or after is runs. That said, those dyno values are in line with values Vince and Steve had quoted me in a string of e-mails with only my new IC pipes and no other mod before I installed the tune.
Steve, the 277-288 whp looks to me like he might of had a HF Cat install already.
MARVIC 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:23 PM   #36 (permalink)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just installed the budget tune on my stock '08 R/L and HOLY CRAP...what a difference this tune makes! The boost kicks in much quicker and a lot higher...just need to remember to hold on!
Nine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #37 (permalink)
GT!

My Photos: (2)
Hehehe ... enjoy
GT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #38 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine29 View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just installed the budget tune on my stock '08 R/L and HOLY CRAP...what a difference this tune makes! The boost kicks in much quicker and a lot higher...just need to remember to hold on!
Huh...that's funny. I don't have to wait on boost. Enjoy though. These cars are a hoot to drive!
312WHP/ 352ftlbs/ 14PSI boost
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine29 View Post
I am looking into getting this for my 07 Redline. Mine is an automatic but I think I would still be pleased. Just wondering where you ordered yours from.
cnvrtble98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnvrtble98 View Post
I am looking into getting this for my 07 Redline. Mine is an automatic but I think I would still be pleased. Just wondering where you ordered yours from.
Sorry I didn't respond sooner...I bought the Trifecta budget tune and EZflash cable from Bad News Racing for $350. They shipped the cable and emailed the tune quickly. Mine is an automatic too, and the performance boost is amazing!
Nine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:54 PM   #41 (permalink)

I guess I have gotten old, but these Autos are so superior in off roading it is not even funny. Drag racing, even to even, my guess is the auto smokes the stick. Track use, most likely the stick. But I have gotten lazy. Driving in LA for so many years tends to make the auto so much nicer. Anyway I am ordering the Trifecta budget in the morning. Looking forward to next weekend!!!!
skersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #42 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
I guess I have gotten old, but these Autos are so superior in off roading it is not even funny. Drag racing, even to even, my guess is the auto smokes the stick. Track use, most likely the stick. But I have gotten lazy. Driving in LA for so many years tends to make the auto so much nicer. Anyway I am ordering the Trifecta budget in the morning. Looking forward to next weekend!!!!
You know, Bob, you can take 243, you don't have to drive up to Idyllwild on dirt roads
Sky_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:46 PM   #43 (permalink)

Bob. You WILL be very pleasantly surprised with the "budget" tune. Every time the auto downshifts to first the tires spin with ease and every time the accellerator is even moderately pressed the boost comes on exponentially better than stock. Let us know how it goes.
Billablehours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #44 (permalink)
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
I so need a turbo...

That said, automatics are definatly quicker on the dragstrip. With my Grand Prix, the 1-2 shift time was .0076 seconds and the 2-3 was .0129 seconds. No way in hell a human moving a lever will match that. Now a purpose built drag trans is a whole different animal.
V.A.L. (#1108)
Midnight Blue
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
GMPP CAI
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
Midnight Blue
MagnaFlow dual outlet, 3" exhaust
GMPP CAI
De ja Vue!?
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #45 (permalink)

I live off of 243 on a dirt road!!!! Was talking more about my FJ Cruiser. The Princess's car will never see dirt. We rent a storage unit to keep it out of the dirt. No rain, No dirt, No snow, locked away behind security cameras, electric gates and car cover!!!!
skersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion