Saturn Sky Forum banner

Vanity Plates

21K views 89 replies 52 participants last post by  Formansky 
#1 ·
When registration renewal time rolls around on the Wife's 2009 Ruby Red Redline we will be going with personalized plates. With this car, it just seems the right thing to do. I believe here in Virginia you can have up to seven letters or digits. Any good suggestions out there other than obvious:

SKYHIGH
MYSKY
REDSKY

#73 ·
Funny, given the fact that much of the world (including Britain, where you can sell plates with number/letter combinations that mean nothing to anyone from anywhere else, for megabucks) seems to be mad keen on expressing themselves with custom license plates, but I guess I just don't have the 'cute plate' gene.

Reminds me of when people name boats (they all seem to take a double dose of 'aren't I cute' pills) and come up with trite labels that amuse (probably only) themselves.

I guess you either feel it or you don't. The fact that I don't saves me a few bucks every year as they charge extra for custom plates here (I would guess they do most places). I'll settle for having my coupe serial number in my plate number, a matter of happenstance when the dealer laid out a bunch of plates and let me choose which one I wanted.

Maybe it is the same missing gene that makes naming inanimate objects like cars with human names also seem silly to me? Oh well. No offence to people that do get their jollies that way.

#74 ·
Funny, given the fact that much of the world (including Britain, where you can sell plates with number/letter combinations that mean nothing to anyone from anywhere else, for megabucks) seems to be mad keen on expressing themselves with custom license plates, but I guess I just don't have the 'cute plate' gene.
In Britain's defense, you cannot choose your license plate. It gets assigned at the time you buy a car and stays with the car for life (not the owner). So the only way to get a 'custom' plate is to buy the car that had the plate (semi) randomly assigned to it. Once you own the car, you can transfer the plate to another car you own, but even that's not easy.

THAT's why the plates go for so much money.

#77 ·
Best Vanity Plate I ever saw on a car: Black Boxster - WAS HIS. MY assumption is that a divorce lawyer got paid a few hours to get the toy...

#84 ·
Interesting, Rob.

I am also an INTJ according to the test. Wasn't sure what that implied (I took the test before I played your video) but watching the video, I certainly see some validity to the conclusions.

Guess the reason I find myself sympatico with a lot of your posts must be that we are similar types! Or maybe just that we are both marvelously intelligent people with similar aesthetic taste in cars? Must be.....:yesnod:

#89 ·
My wife is ISFJ

She is so F that I cant even yell at the TV news or she gets upset. :eek:

And while the first thing I do is throw the directions away, she must read and follow every word.

To me speed limits are a guide . .. to her they are MUST criteria!

Other than that we get along fine.:jester:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.