Saturn Sky Forum banner

Welcome! Feel free to introduce yourself!

2M views 2K replies 762 participants last post by  VA_Red_Sky 
#1 ·
We like to welcome new members to the forum here at skyroadster. New members, folks may not always catch your first post to welcome you in, so feel free to post here and introduce yourself to the gang! :cheers: Current members, if ya spot someone new to the community that we missed, by all means, welcome them in here! :thumbs:

#97 ·
Hi! My name is Jeff Carr. I have lived in Albuquerque, NM for the last 25 years. I am a Baptist pastor. My wife and I purchased a new 08 Redline less than a month ago and we love it. We have one granddaughter who just turned 1 on 9-11, which is also my wife's bday.
This forum has been a great help to me. The posts have answered many questions for me about the Sky. I also know that I can ask questions and not get flamed. Hoep I can get to meet some of you personally. Thanks for making this place available.

#111 ·
hey guys my name is conan , im 25 male single , live in delaware but from baltimore md . purchased sky on 9 /1/08 . been high on life since . got a 09 midnight black w blk/red leather chrome rims 6 disc stereo . not a rl tho :{ . i dont think i can afford the tickets . anyways i googles customizations for my car and found yall . i read quite a bit b4 joining and am looking forward to meeting everyone . it seems like a realy positive forum atmosphere {unlike warcrafts}.

#116 ·
Congrats and welcome. Watch out! Bunch of crazy sky owners who live in DE. Just kidding. T.

#114 ·
Oops.....sorry

Hi All,I have had my RL for about a month and a half and I've been posting about that long.* I don't believe I ever formally introduced myself and I apologize. :sorry: I've read some good advise on here and enjoy reading all the threads. :cheers: I haven't posted pics but I'll try to as soon as I can. Again sorry.

#117 ·
Hi All,I have had my RL for about a month and a half and I've been posting about that long.* I don't believe I ever formally introduced myself and I apologize. :sorry: I've read some good advise on here and enjoy reading all the threads. :cheers: I haven't posted pics but I'll try to as soon as I can. Again sorry.
Welcome.. This is a great place for all kinds of good reason to hang out. We all love pictures so post pictures if you can. Love to see your New Baby. Congrats...... T.

#119 ·
Hello there,
My name's Shoie. I'm a British ex-pat mechanic that has been living over here for about 4 years now. I was working on a military contract readying various units vehicles for deployment & now i work on a seismic oil exploration crew in the Libyan Sahara. I met my amazing wife a few years ago hence I'm still here. It's one hell of a commute but totally worth it.
I bought the 07 2.4 in March 07 so Steph had a cool little car to cruse around in while I'm 6,000 miles away. I would have got the R/L but as she'd never driven 3 peddler before i had visions of her hitting 3rd instead of 5th & ending up in a tree.
It's a pleasure to have found you guys & i hope to meet some of you at future rallies, there's some interesting threads out there not to mention some of the characters.

Cheers,
Shoie N Steph.

#120 ·
Not Exactly New, but...

Hello, from Wisconsin! I am Mike, and I've been a member here for close to a month now. I found this excellent forum while surfing the internet at work...but please don't tell my boss! :eek: I work 3rd shift, so I've got a lotta time on my hands.:sleep: But seriously, I have found some very useful info here, and check back quite a bit. I've enjoyed reading your posts and found many to be quite funny!:lol: Well, keep up the good work, folks!:thumbs:

#121 ·
I have an unfair advantage...

...I now "know" many of you--I have been scouring the site for months. Thanks to you all for your valuable opinions and various feed backs!

I'm Tim from Kentucky--just a few miles south of Evansville, IN. Like you all, I have been bitten by the "Sky-bug" in a big way! One of the first things I have noticed is: Dang! You can spend a bunch of money quick, huh?! But I sure am having fun with it! No Limit Hold 'Em and my Sky are my only hobbies and serious habits, so I'm rolling with it.

I look forward to getting to know you all better!
tRs

#124 ·
...I now "know" many of you--I have been scouring the site for months. Thanks to you all for your valuable opinions and various feed backs!

I'm Tim from Kentucky--just a few miles south of Evansville, IN. Like you all, I have been bitten by the "Sky-bug" in a big way! One of the first things I have noticed is: Dang! You can spend a bunch of money quick, huh?! But I sure am having fun with it! No Limit Hold 'Em and my Sky are my only hobbies and serious habits, so I'm rolling with it.

I look forward to getting to know you all better!
tRs
Welcome. Just watch out for the crazy forum members... Goodness there are a lot of East Coast nuts. :D T.

#129 ·
Welcome to the forum!! Just keep an eye out in the sub-forum in your area for local cruises. Don't think I've ever seen any membership or club requirements to go for a run. Ya just show up and introduce yourself and enjoy the company and car!

Poke around on the forum a bit and you'll find some info on the doors, to, btw.

#133 ·
Well I just stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd go through the formalities. I'm Laura, live in Houston, have a 08 redline in silver. This is the play car but will probably see rain. If any of you frequent TWS or MSR-C I am usually there when NASA events are going on. (Boyfriend races in CMC). We also frequent the A&M Sports Car Club events in College Station. Feel free to say hi or honk :)

#140 ·
Hello, I need some assistance.

Hi all, I live in Myrtle Beach and tagged a Saturn Sky through the GM company owned vehicle plan. My problem is none of the Saturn Dealers here will go get my car for me. I am going to fly into Dallas Fort Worth airport and need to know if anyone has any good things to say about the dealerships in the DFW area. From what I read on Edmunds Dealership reviews it was mostly negative. Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks,

#141 ·
Hi all, I live in Myrtle Beach and tagged a Saturn Sky through the GM company owned vehicle plan. My problem is none of the Saturn Dealers here will go get my car for me. I am going to fly into Dallas Fort Worth airport and need to know if anyone has any good things to say about the dealerships in the DFW area. From what I read on Edmunds Dealership reviews it was mostly negative. Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks,
hello and welcome. T.
[/IMG]
I wish I could help... Maybe someone who knows that area will see this post. Good Luck with your baby. T.

#143 ·
Hello All!

Not a Sky owner (yet) but I'm looking to purchase a Redline sometime in the spring. I'm still torn between a Sky and the new 370z. I gotta admit, after seeing the Ruby Red Sky at the LA Autoshow over the weekend, I fell in love. Talk about grinning ear to ear.

Is there any info on if Saturn will have a 2010 model coming?

#145 ·
New Sky owner here, traded in the worn and tired MINI Cooper for a 2009 Redline today (November 28, 2008). Black with the Black/Red Interior

Seemed like a fun drive for the brief test ride.... they're doing the dealer prep and I pick it up for real in the morning.

So, anyone know how many 2009 Redline models were made? Haven't found any numbers with basic Google searches.....

#146 ·
Hello All! I am a new Sky owner as of last week. My Name is Kevin and I live in Chandler AZ. Traded in my VW GTI for the Sky Turbo. It was a big change for me since I have been into the VW scene for quite some time. Looking forward to meeting all of you and sharing Ideas on how to better the performance of our cars!

Quick picture of the new ride:

#148 ·
I have had my 2007 Redline fully loaded SunBurst Yellow Sky for 1 year now. I have seen this forum on and off but just signed up. The information is great and it's hard to find enthusiasts here in Ontario. I had to put the Sky away for the winter :( , can't wait for the spring now.

#151 ·
New Ruby Red

Hi Everyone.
I'm new to post but I've enjoyed reading the forum for several months now. Yesterday I entered the "5-0" club and decided the Sky RL-Ruby Red (spoiler, black top, black leather, automatic, 6-cd) was the best way to start the next 50. I've never done anything like this before but it is never too late. I think I'm gonna like this car.
Looking forward to everyones tips and insights. Thanks!!

#152 ·
Hi Everyone.
I'm new to post but I've enjoyed reading the forum for several months now. Yesterday I entered the "5-0" club and decided the Sky RL-Ruby Red (spoiler, black top, black leather, automatic, 6-cd) was the best way to start the next 50. I've never done anything like this before but it is never too late. I think I'm gonna like this car.
Looking forward to everyones tips and insights. Thanks!!
Welcome to the forum!! :cheers: Yeah, I think you're going to like it! :) A nice reward as you settle into the 5-0, but not too crazy. Congrats! :thumbs:

#153 ·
New Member from NW Arkansas

Hello all. I live in Fayetteville, AR. Any other members living in NW AR?
Enjoy reading all the great info on this site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.