What did you do to your Sky today? - Page 201 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

User Tag List

49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3001 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
I will be picking up a full set of Kappashere luggage for a tidy savings here in a bit. It was for a Solstice: it'll fit the same in the SKY, correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3002 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:51 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by expostdelirium View Post
I will be picking up a full set of Kappashere luggage for a tidy savings here in a bit. It was for a Solstice: it'll fit the same in the SKY, correct?
Pretty much so. The Sky has a couple of supports under the trunk hinges that are not on Solstices, but that just means you have to pack just a bit lighter in each of the big bags so that they will wrap around those hinge supports. When you shove the bags into place, put the flat bottoms against the raised gas tank, and then the soft tops of the bag can wrap a bit around the support, just like in the picture:

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #3003 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Garage
Checked on the battery again. Definitely a major draw, it was down to 11.9 but started no problem. Ran it for a little and it went back up to 12.6. Need to check it every day until the rain is over then take it to Best Buy, if that doesn't work, to my regular mechanic for them to find the draw.

post #3004 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
kappa's fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
Pretty much so. The Sky has a couple of supports under the trunk hinges that are not on Solstices, but that just means you have to pack just a bit lighter in each of the big bags so that they will wrap around those hinge supports. When you shove the bags into place, put the flat bottoms against the raised gas tank, and then the soft tops of the bag can wrap a bit around the support, just like in the picture:

Thank you. I don't pack too heavy. I know that I'm most likely going to a population center, and that in that population center they will likely have any "modern" necessities that I might need, so I don't need to overstuff these. My road mate might not know that. She normally does pretty good, so we should be okay. Thank you for the advice. I truly appreciate it.

I bought 2 duffles and 2 totes for $150 - unused, and from the looks, untouched. The people I bought them from were lovely, and I don't use that term lightly. Wonderful folks. The husband bought the luggage, then never used them on his '06 Solstice. Said he traded it on his Infiniti SUV thing and took a bit of a bath on it. Had 18k on it when he traded it!

This Sky's not perfect, but it's perfect...for me

Last edited by expostdelirium; 02-16-2017 at 11:32 PM. Reason: typo correct
post #3005 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:43 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by expostdelirium View Post
Thank you. I don't pack too heavy. I know that I'm most likely going to a population center, and that in that population center they will likely have any "modern" necessities that I might need, so I don't need to overstuff these. My road mate might not know that. She normally does pretty good, so we should be okay. Thank you for the advice. I truly appreciate it.

I bought 2 duffles and 2 totes for $150 - unused, and from the looks, untouched. The people I bought them from were lovely, and I don't use that term lightly. Wonderful folks. The husband bought the luggage, then never used them on his '06 Solstice. Said he traded it on his Infiniti SUV thing and took a bit of a bath on it. Had 18k on it when he traded it!
I think you'll like them, and the price was certainly great! Enjoy!

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #3006 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
Checked on the battery again. Definitely a major draw, it was down to 11.9 but started no problem. Ran it for a little and it went back up to 12.6. Need to check it every day until the rain is over then take it to Best Buy, if that doesn't work, to my regular mechanic for them to find the draw.
That sucks but yea, it's got to be something done when hooking up the radio. Wonder if they hooked up the key on power and key off power to a key off power supply? Would think it would be obvious if they did since the radio would stay on after the car is turned off but you never know. Something is drawing it down and if it started happening after the new head unit install that would make sense to start looking there.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #3007 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
I am simply surprised that anyone would let Best Buy touch their car, but that doesn't help you at this point.

My thoughts,

I think a wire that should have been on ignition power is connected to battery direct power or something is grounded bad.

If you take a look at the connection guide for your radio, you might be able to figure what is going on. It's actually not that hard to take apart our dash and check the wires.

LUSIFER

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
post #3008 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 11:43 PM

Garage
I had them do my motor home and it came out great. The manager is a friend of mine so I am not concerned about getting it fixed. I think the guy has the ability. He is the lead guy, and took his time on doing the car. They had it three days, because he wanted to do it himself. He did not let anyone else touch it, covered it when he was not working on it. Plus I feel a lot safer than any of these stereo one nigh stand shops around town.

I could have done it I am sure, but I just don't have time to mess with it right now. I honestly had my fill of Kappa wiring while redoing the Mallett. LOL!!!

Now I was having problems with what I thought was the battery prior to taking it to them. Goofy lights in the radio, nothing showing up, it started in late September or early October. I was convinced it was the battery, but it could have been something else. He told me while he was doing it, he had to jump it. I agree, most likely something done at Best Buy, but it might be something else. Raining to hard to worry about, will jump it Monday after the storm if we don't drown.
post #3009 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
Raining to hard to worry about, will jump it Monday after the storm if we don't drown.
You won't drown...your on a mountain!

Swept away into Hemet in a major land slide sure...but not drown.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #3010 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 10:38 AM

Garage
With you knowing the manager, that is a different story but they still might have done something incorrect. I've seen places that have twisted the ignition and direct to battery wires together and then attached them out of laziness.
Does the radio come on with the key out of the vehicle? I am going to assume no, and that would rule out the above.

The fact that you were having issues before the install, is also probably significant.

I do know some of these advanced radios pull enough power to drain a battery over time, even when wired correctly and off, but it should not be as much as what you are experiencing. Some of them pull power because the settings are stored in active memory. So if the radio loses all power, you have to re-adjust everything. IE: bass levels, zones etc...

Good look with the rain. The car sounds like the least of your worries right now

LUSIFER

post #3011 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 10:43 AM

Garage
I just got my Sky back from the body shop.

Unfortunately I was bitten by a bad jacking and it dented and cracked the paint in front of the rear tire at the lift point. This was done while the rear axle seals were being replaced. The door also had a dent which was able to be repaired via pointless dent repair.
The shop that does the work I normally can't do is very careful and goofed this one time, so I just ate the bill as it was not too bad.
Normally they drive the sky onto a platform that lifts the car tires and all, but to replace the axle seals, they had to remove the tires.
I should have made sure to remind them.
O Well, not too much money and the body shop did a great job. Added benefit was my pinstripes were not looking so good, so the door and rear quarter panel were redone.

After tracking down some boost leaks and installing a new IC pipe the Car is running great again. Gonna do some logging and tuning this weekend as the weather will hit 60 degrees both days

LUSIFER

post #3012 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Getting my Spec clutch, flywheel and Quaife diff installed today. Hopefully will be done tomorrow and Monday can take it on a drive and start getting the clutch broke in.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #3013 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nothing too terribly exciting:

Installed 2009 VCIM for Bluetooth
Installed PA-20 iPod adapter
Replaced both cam actuator solenoids
Greased away Bar bushings
Greased hood latch and rubber bumpers

Jeff
08 Sky Redline, Bluestone
post #3014 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 11:54 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I replaced the rear shocks as they were leaking like crazy. Went from rear tires squealing and a weak suspension to no squeal and better performance. Having Bilstein OEM shocks is great, no need to try to improve performance when the factory is already one of the best on the market!

TexSon
2009 RL, Blue
2007 RL, Red Daily Driver
post #3015 of 3028 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 01:20 AM

Garage
You will have better idea on that tomorrow after you cross my bridge!!!!

It sat for two days and started again today. But still not where it should be, Will drag it down over there Monday. The store manager is my friend, I am sure he will make it right. I have bought a lot of stuff from them and he always takes care of me.

The radio shuts off with the key and will not work with it off. No lights. I think I may have had a problem before the radio. I got caught in a flash flood on my way to Gunnison. Nothing that high but you just never know. It was more rock damage than anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Best Top Dressing? | - »