Saturn Sky Forum banner

What did you do to your Sky today?

577K views 4K replies 381 participants last post by  The Ikon 
#1 ·
I picked up a 2007 Sky with 14,000 miles. It has a Hahn turbo and K1S single exhaust. I've been sorting it out as most used cars can be neglected. I changed just about all the fluids - transmission, differential, brake/clutch, and power steering fluids. The turbo was leaking oil so it got new bearings and O-rings.

The car came with a chrome stubby antenna that was not the best when out of the metro areas so I got a 31" from Autozone.

The stock tires tread was was twice the height of the wear bars and hard as a hockey puck in the rain. With snow season right around the corner the Pilot Alpin snow tires went on the chrome wheels. Also picked up a set of B&G lowering springs and will have it aligned this week after about 500 miles of settling.

I bought a GM tonneau cover for it and have it stretched out in the spare bedroom. That'll go in the spring.

Currently plumming coolant to the turbo and will relocate the power steering pump away from the turbo heat.

But I have to have it so I can put it all back together for the last couple of top down days!

Norm

See less See more
#63 ·
I saw both your and Vic's in pictures on the forum Christer...ordered from the same place as you both did :dthumbs: I think it looks stunning on your cars... :cool:...And I have all carbon fiber badges as well...should work with the silver/black combo I have going on I think...
My son figures it will make the "Raptor" look tough! :D

#71 ·
Removed my front plate, but have a little hole right in the middle of the front bumper. How do I get rid of that with the least effort? Plug and touch up paint?

#72 ·
Want it simple? You have three choices. Black plug, painted to match plug, or chrome plug. All will show, the black looks basic, the chrome matches your grill, and the painted will blend but still show.

OR, real patch and repaint the whole bumper. A good way to cover the scratches on the bottom from finding the curb!

Jim :cool:

PS I kept mine on. I drive too hard to give them more excuses to pull me over.

#75 ·
Hope I can explain this right.A very simple but effective solution.Fill the hole with adhesive "seam-solution"on tube.

The kind you use in your home.Have I got it right?Then smoothe the surface over the hole carefully with a putty-knife(?).The solution should only cover the hole,not outside it.If you use a little soapwater on the knife its much easier to get it perfect.

Let it dry and then you cover the hole with a little circular piece of Black Vinyl you make yourself.The size on the vinyl piece is up to you..

Tada!:cool:..

#76 ·
I finished installing my N2MB WOT Box. Have not tested the no lift shift part of it but the launch control portion works like a charm. Just a little popping sound then launching off of boost.

#77 ·
HID Lights

I just added 5000K HID Lights for my Low Beams and Fog Lights. Once, I add new running lights and change the side markers to LED's I'll be all set.

#78 ·
Got the Colorshift halo test this morning...
LOTS of fun functions..ect...can't wait to see them installed now... :) Also..you can choose one steady color too if you want...
They are pretty bright...even in the daylight! Of course I can't drive with them on..but great for shows ect..
In the second video you can see the smaller inner halo...that one is white only...that one I can drive with on..
*I will update with install at a later date*

#83 ·
:eek:

:skep:

:dthumbs: *I think I will have to mark this one down....* Must be good if it gets the MM nod... :D

Wait till you se 'em lit in solid red.. halos..with the red "knight rider" scanner.. and the red side vents... and WR lit up in red...
Should like pretty evil....lol..
:cheers:

#85 ·
I just got my tune, along with 5 others, and I am VERY impressed. The car flat out flies now! I expected a difference, but did not expect the vast difference, from idle to red line it is MUCH faster, and much smoother. I assisted in doing the data logging for 4 of the 5 cars, I rode in them while doing the logging and operated the laptop, and can say it is equally impressive in EVERY car.

From 55-100 it was immediate and amazing. Just the fix I was looking for!

Lined up at Dejon.

Not only was Dave great, but he saved me money because I got the next up level of tune with data logging for less than the basic tune.

Jim :cool:

#91 · (Edited)
Woke up RAPTOR today! :D

Well...its almost TIME!!
Today pulled RAPTOR out of his winter cave! Started him up...had to charge the battery but seems ok :dthumbs:
Gave him the first bath and polish and general clean up...still have 3 chrome rims to do.. :rolleyes:(*I love those rims and hate them at the same time :willy: High maintance!* )
Got the headlights re-installed....but didn't have time today to wire up the halos...get them done later this week.
Still.....they look pretty cool not even lit up! :cool:
Will re-insure on the 1 st!! The raods are getting swept up pretty fast around here...and warming up big time! Getting excited!!*
Today was an excellent day for wax/polishing..
Also installed thr matching filter box cover... another great addition done by Corrado ** :dthumbs: **

#98 · (Edited)
Thanks Mike...Larry.. :)
Mike...the eyelids will stay I think....you see,look at it like this..for my theme of the eagle..the eyelids work as the eagle's eyes..look at the eyes of the eagle in the mural..then look back at the eyelids/headlights again...can you see the eagle's eyes.. and the halos lit in a solid color will amplify the effect even more.

*side note* As the vertical doors are the eagle's "wings"..and the open deck lid is the "tail"..the chrome rims I have are very "talon" like.. the killerglass rad hose lit up in red..the flow of his blood......Can you see the RAPTOR? in the SKY ? :)*