Saturn Sky Forum banner

What did you do to your Sky today?

577K views 4K replies 381 participants last post by  The Ikon 
#1 ·
I picked up a 2007 Sky with 14,000 miles. It has a Hahn turbo and K1S single exhaust. I've been sorting it out as most used cars can be neglected. I changed just about all the fluids - transmission, differential, brake/clutch, and power steering fluids. The turbo was leaking oil so it got new bearings and O-rings.

The car came with a chrome stubby antenna that was not the best when out of the metro areas so I got a 31" from Autozone.

The stock tires tread was was twice the height of the wear bars and hard as a hockey puck in the rain. With snow season right around the corner the Pilot Alpin snow tires went on the chrome wheels. Also picked up a set of B&G lowering springs and will have it aligned this week after about 500 miles of settling.

I bought a GM tonneau cover for it and have it stretched out in the spare bedroom. That'll go in the spring.

Currently plumming coolant to the turbo and will relocate the power steering pump away from the turbo heat.

But I have to have it so I can put it all back together for the last couple of top down days!

Norm

See less See more
#3,644 · (Edited)
I painted the calipers, brackets and rotor hubs yellow to match the car color looks great! (My opinion).
mine were yellow when i bought it, got them changed to red.

Attachments

#3,647 ·
I bought some new shoes for my Sky. The tires I got from Skersfan did okay but they're getting worse and worse so it's time to upgrade them before something bad happens. Picked up a set of BFG Sport COMP 2s. Will see how they compare to what I've had before. Will be going on the car Saturday...when I give it an oil change.

#3,649 · (Edited)
Something odd I noticed just recently... I went over to the Solstice site reading a few things there. I then went to their Forums section... no posted listing of the SKY site there? Maybe I missed it? On our Forums site we have a direct link to the Solstice site? Some over sight that the Admin. guys should correct, maybe Robte or TS have an insight to this?

Might go for a quick run today. Friday the 13th there LAC, the fools & tools will be out... better be safe out there today.

Checking on hotel rates and availability for my BSA/LAC Films " Run to the Ocean " later this month, keeping an eye on the weather forecast too. Hot here followed by more hotness and humidity.

LAC :cheers:

LAC Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUo...btm1jo2_8111bw

Non-Google account: Search You-Tube for Saturn Sky + in car dash cam
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...n+car+dash+cam

#3,650 ·
Something odd I noticed just recently... I went over to the Solstice site reading a few things there. I then went to their Forums section... no posted listing of the SKY site there? Maybe I missed it? On our Forums site we have a direct link to the Solstice site? Some over sight that the Admin. guys should correct, maybe Robte or TS have an insight to this?

Might go for a quick run today. Friday the 13th there LAC, the fools & tools will be out... better be safe out there today.

Checking on hotel rates and availability for my BSA/LAC Films " Run to the Ocean " later this month, keeping an eye on the weather forecast too. Hot here followed by more hotness and humidity.

LAC :cheers:

LAC Films : https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

Wants me to sign in. :frown: Ain't gonna do it.

#3,655 · (Edited)
I did not know that... thanks for the info there Bob. Sucks too... some good video's on there. Well what's the option here.. no google account for some of us. I had no problem with making an account just for this purpose of the Kappa on the road. Did it just for the fun of it. Shame too I had a lot of fun making this stuff.

Disclaimer... LAC Films for those of you who do have a google account. For those of you who don't... SOL I guess. Sorry about that gang. Not sure I can fix it now that I know about this. Can't embed You-Tube video's here anymore either. Waste of time is seems. Oh well guess that puts an end to LAC Films experiment.. F it. Guess you could look up/search You-Tube Saturn Sky, LAC Films in car dash cam, maybe you might be able to find my video's? Will have to find another way it seems. Making a disclaimer on my profile page now fwiw.

UPDATE: See if this works for anyone who does not have a goggle account:

Search on You-Tube: Saturn Sky + in car dash cam. Should bring you to a page that has LAC Films on it.

Not sure if this works as I signed out of my account, did the search with those two things brought me to the page with LAC Films on it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Saturn+Sky+++in+car+dash+cam

LAC Films :
Home page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUoGTDbNLbtm1jo2_8111bw

LAC

#3,661 ·
Installed the DDMWorks cold air intake. The sound is quite nice/smooth :)

#3,662 ·
Headed down to clean up the little Piggy. Robotech, Gassor, myself and another friend are headed to Hot August Nights at Bob's Big Boy in Calimesa for cruise night. Finally a break in the weather, high of 85. I think the first time in three weeks it has been under triple digits.

#3,664 ·
Hopefully getting my car back tomorrow from the body shop after being rear ended almost two weeks ago so can’t wax it but I will detail the inside and planning on buying the body kit and rear from norm

#3,665 ·
I fixed my buttress again...no sign of my insert.

Got a replacement light for my one rear turn signal. Was going to put that in but fought the trunk tonight.

New Sweeplights are here...going in with the other new bulb.

Go the parts to update my fuel rail. I think the front fitting is keeping the front injector from seating fully. No gas smell but some strange lean conditions...Fuel ratios are all over the map..or MAF...whatever.

...but tomorrow the big stuff comes...and goes on this weekend. Pics to follow...

#3,667 ·
Spent all day Saturday putting a 2 DIN radio. it was a pioneer I bought in 2015 and had in a different car but took it out awhile ago. I also installed a backup camera. Everything works well and the sound is much better than the stock head unit. I only have one screw left over..:surprise:

#3,674 · (Edited)
See, this is what happens when you don't bring donuts for Mr. Murphy.

Before Skersfan comes over I decided I'd get the new tune sent to us by PAW setup and ready to go as I had a busy day scheduled. Time was about 9:15 am. We were to change the MAP sensors, upload the tune, and scan. Total time probably 45 minutes to an hour and the majority of that would be scanning. MAP and upload tune would be all of 10 minutes.

It's now 4:45 and we didn't scan...

First issue was the tune PAW sent is in a newer version of HPT than I have on my laptop. No problem, download the newest version and go to install. I need a newer version of the .NET framework to install the new HPT. Download that and go to install. Can't because a .DLL file is missing/corrupt something. Work for the next few hours scanning system for viruses and trying to update/restore/etc my XP Professional (my tunning laptop is older...but a tank). Finally give up on that and install HPT on skersfan's laptop. Success.

Install the new 3-bar MAP sensors and find the front sensor won't fit into the DDM charge pipe with the larger o-ring installed. Put the other o-ring back on and it feels snug. Damage the other o-ring while removing it.

Now HPT won't see the interface. Been so long since I installed it forgot I need drivers for it. Download and install, all is well. Now I upload the tune but the computer tries to upload it twice? I think we accidentally had two interfaces installed in the drivers so I'll need to correct that later. Totally forget. But we get the tune loaded.

Fire it up and the car is running like crap. Scan for codes and have about 7...all related to the two MAP sensors. Pull front MAP sensor and decide it needs larger o-ring...larger o-ring not reusable now. Put some sensor safe RTV on it and reinstall. Fire up engine. Still running like crap. Same errors. Realize didn't plug in the charge pipe MAP sensor after applying RTV. Plug in sensor now car runs better. Check codes again, down to only one code. P0107.

Verify code is for the upper MAP sensor. Remove it and it feels snug but decide to put RTV on it too anyway. Reinstall and plug in sensor. Fire up car. Still runs well but error still there. Unplug sensor. Now new errors. Plug in sensor, back to only P0107 code. Check pigtail to harness connection, pigtail to sensor connection, all is good. Still 0.0 psi manifold pressure at idle (should be negative numbers) and can only believe the new sensor is bad.

Call local GM dealership to check on sensor. Told part number bad. Verify part number. Try another number on packaging. Also bad. Check the sensors, pull Bosch number on them, call dealership back. Part number still bad and dealer can't cross reference with Bosch number. Research part number. Find out first part number we try is correct GM part number. Call dealer back again and tell them we KNOW this is the right part number. Mention...again...its part of a GMPP package for the Redline/GXP. Dealership finally finds the part tells us it will be here in 10 days. Thanks no thanks. Order new sensor from an online vendor and it will be here in a few days.

Donuts...I'm telling you we forgot the damn donuts! EVERY time we forget donuts, this happens. Every. Time.

#3,677 ·
After installing a new head unit I did not like the placement of the XM antenna so I gutted the Onstar antenna and put the XM antenna in there. But the stock speakers did not sound as good as I wanted so I spent about 150 on new speakers and installed them over the weekend. Major sound difference. Only thing is I also bought new tweeters that came with the Rockford Fosgate door speakers but they have an internal crossover. The crossover for the current system is in the Monsson amp. So when I tried out the new tweeters the two crossovers together make the tweeters sound bad. So I left in the old tweeters and they sound fine to me. :cheers:

#3,682 ·
Thumbs Up

So I went for a ride in Colorado Springs today with the top down and my son riding as passenger. After the usual number of muscle car wannabe’s like chargers, BMWs , and some low rider foreign things zipping by, the highlite of my ride happened while stopped at a red light. I happened to look over and saw someone even older than my 66 years walking his dog. He noticed me, smiled, and gave me a thumbs up sign. I saw that he was wearing a World War II vet hat. And that is what makes it all worthwhile driving a sky...