Yellow Skys Lets see some photos. - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (38)
Yellow Skys Lets see some photos.

Know it sounds crazy but always wished I had a yellow Sky. Chevy dealership that Painted the vette gave me a really good price on painting the whole sky, doors and all. Thinking about changing colors.
If you have a Yellow sky, if you would post some really good photos all the way around the car. Thinking about getting a black stripe on it to.
Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveaboard74 View Post
Know it sounds crazy but always wished I had a yellow Sky. Chevy dealership that Painted the vette gave me a really good price on painting the whole sky, doors and all. Thinking about changing colors.

If you have a Yellow sky, if you would post some really good photos all the way around the car. Thinking about getting a black stripe on it to.
Thanks.
Don't paint it like a Sky, paint it like a vette, my Sky is various shades, the hood is light sunburst, the spoiler and mirrors are all sunburst, the fenders are dark sunburst and the rear deck is quasi sunburst. I plan to repaint mine next year so the whole Sky matches.

As for the black stripes, I think MARVIC1 has the best color scheme on his Skyper (Sky and Viper) Hopefully he'll post some pics for you.

SP
Sky_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Go look at Marvics photos. Very yellow!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
i have some more somewhere just can't find them.
Attached Thumbnails
Yellow Skys  Lets see some photos.-mysky-large-.jpg  
mjonesjr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yellow

Here is "GASNGO".
Yellow rules!

JerryG
yolo
GASNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
GM Victory red is the way to go (; It fits the sky so well in my opinion..heres my Redline:

2.5" Straight pipe into HKS HI-POWER Muffler
Kappashpere Red Rebar
Red Dejon CAI & Elbow
Blacked out front
atlredlinekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)
Looks like yellow to me!
LLLFLY
Best Interior 2012 NASSM
2nd American Legends 2013
DDMWORKS Loaded, Wind Restrictor
lllfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASNGO View Post
Here is "GASNGO".
Yellow rules!

JerryG
yolo
Yellow and black make one heck of a nice combination. With the Foose rims I think it would look fantastic. . Wish they made them for the vette but they don't make the Nitrous rims like are on the sky or there would be a set on the vette.

Just something about a clean shinny yellow and black car I have always liked. Googled Yellow saturn sky then yellow with black stripe saturn sky and a lot of you guys cars are on there. Seen your green dragon on there Rob.
Found a place that sells the twin black stripe. Moving up to a lot bigger gooseneck trailer for the dragster so thinking about just painting the sky and keep her like she is. Trailer is suppose to be here this Saturday .
Nothing at all wrong with red atlredlinekid. Looks really nice but race trailer is red now, and my pickup is dark maroon and you guys know the vette is custom yellow with the yellow and black Hydracarbon under the hood and on the inside.
Nothing touches you guys custom graphic paint jobs like Robs and the rest of you guys but to me, for a solid color you just can't beat yellow.
Repainted the dragster. She's now solid Black with you guessed it, ,Yellow strips. Having my helmet wrapped now, hate that white and the colors will match the rail.
The car that i'm the most impressed with is from Texas. Has a plate Sky Guy.
Its on google and I have those photos saved.
The stripes are the same but he didn't have aftermarket rims. Only thing I would have to do to match the interior would be get some custom seats with yellow in them Rest is already black and wood grain. Kinda the plan right now.

Last edited by liveaboard74; 12-17-2012 at 07:36 PM.
liveaboard74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveaboard74 View Post
Thanks.
Liveaboard, there is a yellow SKY 2007 in Scottsdale, AZ at a dealership, Van Chevrolet. It is very low miles and claimed to be 2,052 miles per a photo on craigslist of the odometer. If you private mail me, I'll send you the email I received when inquiring about seeing the car. You can find it on the Phoenix cragislist too. ... at least it was there a couple of days ago. I could check it out for you too if you like.
skybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Would not let me post this on in the last message. Really think it would be cool having the sky to match the rest.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybus View Post
Liveaboard, there is a yellow SKY 2007 in Scottsdale, AZ at a dealership, Van Chevrolet. It is very low miles and claimed to be 2,052 miles per a photo on craigslist of the odometer. If you private mail me, I'll send you the email I received when inquiring about seeing the car. You can find it on the Phoenix cragislist too. ... at least it was there a couple of days ago. I could check it out for you too if you like.
Thanks but mine is already fixed with all the custom stuff. Two amp stereo, and DDM stage three so I would not want to start all over again. Just looking to change the color. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Here is the car.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Here's mine.
Finally got her to sit still for a second, so I could snap a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Yellow Skys  Lets see some photos.-dsc00052.jpg  
09SkyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

In my experience there is no such thing as a good "low priced" paint job. If you want to change colors, I'd sell the car and swap it for one that is the color you like.
mstrjon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrjon32 View Post
In my experience there is no such thing as a good "low priced" paint job. If you want to change colors, I'd sell the car and swap it for one that is the color you like.
What I call a good price is $2500.00. Same place painted the vette for 2200. Its put me in second twice at Myrtle Beach Car show two years in a row, and in the top 50 at Carile PA Just the area where I live. Things are tight so you can get something that cost a arm and a leg somewhere else for a whole lot less. Kinda like taxes. All depends on where you live but thank you for the advice.
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion