Yellow Skys Lets see some photos. - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

My Photos: (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Love my Southern Comfort and ginger ale...
Being honest, trying to type on the GF flip out phone with my big old hands gets interesting at times. Still don't know how in the world those young people hit those little bitty keys. LOL
Marry Christmas Mike to you and the family.
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #32 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
all European roadsters have that frame Silver...no matter what car manufacturer...it is a European thing. Remember...this car is actually European designed.
Didn't know that. Interesting. I personally like the silver.
Woodgrain interior
Diamond pattern console cover
gladmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladmaker View Post
Didn't know that. Interesting. I personally like the silver.
WE both learned something tonight..
Old 12-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveaboard74 View Post
Love it..
And I use to be as beautiful as those girls in the photos but I can't remember that far back as to the time.

What yellow is that on your car. Is that the factory yellow and what is that color called.

And its happening . Ordered the stripes yesterday.
Less than a month is will be yellow with the same strips that were in the photos I posted.
Dave I have not given up on the motor yet, just got a good deal on a trailer at East Coast in Morresville that I could not pass up. Been bunched up in the red 30 foot pace and been looking. Through out some offers that you know or thought no one would take and East Coast called two days ago and the owner of a nice one took my offer. Moving up to this 48 foot gooseneck for the trailer so painting was a lot cheaper than motor for this year.

Just out of curiosity where does one order stripes? Which ones did you order? what are the options available? I am thinking of striping and I kinda like the stripes on the yellow Sky earlier in this thread. Were these the stripes you ordered? From a site or a local detailer? Sorry for all the questions...Critter

HFCat,TnlBrace,Front Brace,Rear Brace,Sway bars, RadHose, AirIntake, OEM Spoiler, Racing stripes, Painted Calipers, SideLights, MRZ Red Caps, RPI exhaust, Rear Valence
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Just out of curiosity where does one order stripes? Which ones did you order? what are the options available? I am thinking of striping and I kinda like the stripes on the yellow Sky earlier in this thread. Were these the stripes you ordered? From a site or a local detailer? Sorry for all the questions...Critter
Here ya go buddy. Never any problem and tickled I could help you
Did a search on goodle and found them.
Bruno Stoffel
BMC Extreme Customs
Aftermarket Auto Truck Parts and Accessories
Aftermarket Auto Truck Parts and Accessories
Tel 732-299-9728
Fax 732-242-9355
Old 12-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #36 (permalink)

Direct link.
2007-2010 Saturn Sky Rally Stripe Graphics Kit 1
Old 12-26-2012, 01:28 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
What I needed to know. Car is already silver so that is one part he don't have to paint.
Thanks Marlboromike. Just poor southern boy writing. LOL
Yeah I had mine painted black.
bun1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:47 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Yeah I had mine painted black.
You have your car looking aggressive with the black rims. Has that race look to it. I like that B-Bop look of a cruiser and it being a sleeper .. Think the cars look hot that look that way but i'm 56 in a few more days. Enjoying that grand-pa look while what hair if have left is blowing in the breeze. Aggressive on the outside and wood grain kit on the inside would clash anyway. Folks get close enough to see in the window they see that double gauge pod and I get tickled, then most sit out to the left rear and try and figure out what is going in with this old guys sports car. LOL.
I have more fun showing off in the sky than the vette. Have my little click I use when someone pulls up and i know they want to play.
Look over, like I am really admiring their car, point at it, and give them the thumbs up smiling. Throws them off for that half a second but when I'm dropping my hand its headed toward the shifter and I nail it still looking at them grinning from ear to ear. That half a second they can forget me ass up to 100 then I back off still smiling and look at them like "I THOUGH YOU WANTED TO RACE"

Really like your ride, but I enjoy the chromed out, cruiser look or B-Bop as I call it.
Vette's hard to hide and has a high fast idle. Does not sit there and count them off at a stop sign. Tuner tuned the cam out but it won't idle any lower than 1100 rpms and the car is sitting at stop lights shaking so have not had anyone that wanted to try it yet and the spoiler/ high rise hood, and 6 gauges on the pod and over head, gives it away and I have chrome cruiser rims on that one. Actually going to paint the back end bottom black like is on the sky photo I posted and get two black small stripes following the supercharger hood to a point on the front but want to finish the sky first. Have all the toys finally finished now fine tuning their looks.

One heck of a sound system in the vette so usually have it helping the shake.. LOL
I enjoy having the power and knowing its there but with my job of driving there is no way I would ever play or take a risk on the street unless I was dead certain there was no one around that could report me. We play at the Edenton Air strip with the high dollar cars about 3 or 4 times a year and a twin turbo viper is the only one that can outrun me. So far anyway. I kill him out the whole but he walks me down past 150 and just keeps on going. LOL. Roots don't work well on the street for 200 mph playing.
Have a go fast toy and that one looks mean and its fun fixing that up to match the power, but to old and it would hurt my pride to think I was not smart enough where a unmarked car/cop could have the upper hand on me.
7 over the speed limit, stereo rocking (two amps in the sky) top down headed to the beach, STYLING with my best friend/GF in the seat beside me keeping time to the tunes. Thats my high speed need for speed on the street..

Last edited by liveaboard74; 12-26-2012 at 02:57 AM.
liveaboard74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you so much for providing me with the direct link. I really appreciate it. Now, the real fun begins - what color...I think I'll chat with Dave Gilbert at Werks and get some input...Have a wonderful safe holiday with friends and family...Critter

HFCat,TnlBrace,Front Brace,Rear Brace,Sway bars, RadHose, AirIntake, OEM Spoiler, Racing stripes, Painted Calipers, SideLights, MRZ Red Caps, RPI exhaust, Rear Valence
Old 12-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #40 (permalink)

Anytime critter.

No news is good news and i'm rolling wide open but Tammy said the stripes came yesterday so T minus 7 days and counting.
Has anyone else totally changed the color of your sky here on the forum, and I did go look at Marvic Sky. Man he has that thing fixed up..
Old 12-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Anytime critter.

No news is good news and i'm rolling wide open but Tammy said the stripes came yesterday so T minus 7 days and counting.
Has anyone else totally changed the color of your sky here on the forum, and I did go look at Marvic Sky. Man he has that thing fixed up..
I got 'em ordered - Metallic Charcoal. Should be here within 10 days or so. I got a graphics company (Stoked Graphics) set to apply them. They are connected with Werks so I trust that intro. I used Stoked for the eyelids previously and they did a great job. We'll how my eye takes to the effect once they are on. Thanks again...

Old 12-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #42 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
I like the yellow and the stripes. Simple, effective and kind of old school. That is me. OLD school.

I love the pictures of your engine. I have been working on mine since P came home. Never a dull moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Yellow Skys  Lets see some photos.-engine-drivers-side.jpg   Yellow Skys  Lets see some photos.-engine-bay-top.jpg   Yellow Skys  Lets see some photos.-builder-plate-close-engine-bay.jpg   Yellow Skys  Lets see some photos.-power-steering-cap.jpg   Yellow Skys  Lets see some photos.-caps-rear-exhaust-painted.jpg  

Old 12-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Elder View Post
I like the yellow and the stripes. Simple, effective and kind of old school. That is me. OLD school.

I love the pictures of your engine. I have been working on mine since P came home. Never a dull moment.
Thanks Rob, and your one of the ones that inspired me to custom out the vette to start with. You guys and gals with the custom graph paint jobs were to tough to catch over here, and you already had the top of the line cars and the time to put into them . You Rings, spider. (thats what I call her LOL) you all have really got so much time in those things someone would be far behind trying to get up there with looking that good. Top notch rides.

Just how I look at it totally with the paint i"m doing. OLD SCHOOL. You nailed my words 100%.. You think like I do..
What to me is going to set that set up on fire is those foose rims which are already there and the car is custom out on the inside with the wood grain ( stuff us old guys like.. .....) and gauge pods so once the paint is dry, there is nothing else to do. I got a new sky and the color theme I always wanted. Nothing better than a quick fix..
Have not given up on the v-8 yet but the trailer set that on the back burner for this winter anyway. Dave already built a blown V-8 and you guys are one by one, installing them in there so you know me, its going to have to be different or a total monster under the hood or might just leave it alone and get dave to boost it up to the 300 mark. I'll do something just have not figured it out yet. Lots of time for that.
Always had one thing in the shop over here and something in the shop over there. My New Years got to have is a photo of everything all together. Nothing leaves the house when the sky gets back till their all in the front yard and the Digitial heads to the cartoon guy...

Last edited by liveaboard74; 12-28-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #44 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Well said.

I wish I had your new trailer!

I like my car hauler a lot and it serves its intended purpose well but OMG yours is a garage on wheels. I mean, you could trick it out and live in the thing!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Elder View Post
Well said.

I wish I had your new trailer!

I like my car hauler a lot and it serves its intended purpose well but OMG yours is a garage on wheels. I mean, you could trick it out and live in the thing!
I'm already on the 50 yard line..

Yamaha Rx 667 home stereo I have had for about 6 years went PMS on the part where you plug it into the tv and it started flickering so I had to buy another home stereo. Rest worked perfect. Mrs. Tammy moved in and brought her stereo with huge Pioneer Speakers so I had my Yamaha's sitting idle. Got on e bay ordered two more back different yamaha speakers for the rear sound so have 667w 7 channel with a bass sub ready to go in her. Birthday is next Saturday but Tammy gave me a TV to go in the trailer Christmas.
Came with the top black cabinets and I opt not to get any more bottom, Getting a huge black pull out sleeper couch and the microwave is already installed in the top by the wall. We'll carry a cooler packed with what we want, shes going to make our bedroom in the 8 foot gooseneck part and I bought a swing out flip light i'm taking the light off and mounting the TV where it can swing inside the trailer and in the gooseneck part. Do double duty.
My tool box is your never going to believe it. Black and aluminum so matches the cabinets perfect and the trailer ac units go both ways. Heat and air.
Might be old but nothing slow around here.

Last edited by liveaboard74; 12-28-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion