Yellow Skys Lets see some photos. - Page 4 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Saturn Sky Discussion Forum for discussing general topics on the Saturn SKY.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #46 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveaboard74 View Post
Anytime critter.

No news is good news and i'm rolling wide open but Tammy said the stripes came yesterday so T minus 7 days and counting.
Has anyone else totally changed the color of your sky here on the forum, and I did go look at Marvic Sky. Man he has that thing fixed up..
So what color did you go with?
Sky_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #47 (permalink)

My Photos: (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Pilot View Post
So what color did you go with?
He called me back and said there were 4 different yellows. Told him to pick the brightest one he could find that belonged to Saturn. He laughed.
Everything I have , has its own shed and a cover so its out the weather and away from sun light. Can't have a drive in shop or anything on the ground with the waterfront and the storms we have . When I bought the car in Calif it had 24000 miles on it. Dropped it off at DDM on the way home. Three years ago. Only has 27000 on it now so she'll be safe with the bright yellow from Saturn for a long, long time. Decided to keep it the right color instead of mixing and matching to another car.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Here is the car.
Interesting... do all the NA's have the word "Roadster" on the rear under the back light? Is it anywhere else? Did you install those stripes?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #49 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (13)
Quote:
Interesting... do all the NA's have the word "Roadster" on the rear under the back light? Is it anywhere else? Did you install those stripes?
Only if u put it there.
marlboromike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Only if u put it there.
Didn't know, never noticed NA rear's before, mainly because they're only seen in my rear view mirror Mine has the "Turbo" insignia under that light with the redline chicklet on the other side following the word "SKY".
Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #51 (permalink)

Thats not mine. That one was just a photo I took off the internet of the way I wanted mine to look. Mine is still in the paint shop. Been a mess here all week. Raining, damp, cold. Door jams under hood and back of trunk are painted. He's taking photos. I'm where I am all the time. Rolling/.working . LOL
Suppose to be finished by Sunday with the car. Not the stripes. They are going to take a couple of weeks to get it to the sign guy. Weather pushed him back a day but my free time can't change. I'm on contract . I'm booked on my two days. Not a minuet to spare this time off. Will have photos of what it looks like by Sunday night or monday.N/A skys just the the sky word on the left rear. I bought the bottom part for a redline and those are Solo Exhaust tips on the duel exhaust. Solo back there to now but not in that photo.. That was before the tips.

Last edited by liveaboard74; 01-03-2013 at 06:02 PM.
liveaboard74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Thats not mine. That one was just a photo I took off the internet of the way I wanted mine to look. Mine is still in the paint shop. Been a mess here all week. Raining, damp, cold. Door jams under hood and back of trunk are painted. He's taking photos. I'm where I am all the time. Rolling/.working . LOL
Suppose to be finished by Sunday with the car. Not the stripes. They are going to take a couple of weeks to get it to the sign guy. Weather pushed him back a day but my free time can't change. I'm on contract . I'm booked on my two days. Not a minuet to spare this time off. Will have photos of what it looks like by Sunday night or monday.N/A skys just the the sky word on the left rear. I bought the bottom part for a redline and those are Solo Exhaust tips on the duel exhaust. Solo back there to now but not in that photo.. That was before the tips.
Cool, I'm anxious to see the finished product. Did your painter remove the F/R fascias to paint the car?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #53 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (13)
Quote:
Take a look at your silver pearl and then think about putting some life to it...If u tap on the pics they will enlarge and on the 2nd picture u will notice the 2.4 letters...they come from the ION R/L
Attached Thumbnails
Yellow Skys  Lets see some photos.-100_0369.jpg   Yellow Skys  Lets see some photos.-130.jpg  

Last edited by marlboromike; 01-03-2013 at 07:03 PM.
marlboromike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Cool, I'm anxious to see the finished product. Did your painter remove the F/R fascias to paint the car?
he was suppose to remove everything. He gave me a price and I upped it 200 dollars but told him if I seen the first line, he was going to go back and redo it. He is suppose to be touching up GF's pickup and the black on the back end was the same color code as the truck.
Not a real high gloss but has some. Just didn't want the flat black look back there.

Last edited by liveaboard74; 01-03-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Take a look at your silver pearl and then think about putting some life to it...If u tap on the pics they will enlarge and on the 2nd picture u will notice the 2.4 letters...they come from the ION R/L
I've ridden along with about every mod you did on your car. Get tickled at our views. Most of the time if I look right, your looking left but thats the fun of the internet and the cool factor of everyone has their own designing ways about them...
Ya, that looks great.
Kinda changing my taste in things Mike. Honestly there is nothing wrong with the silver on both of our cars.. Using a little difference concept in everything. Less but more. Know it don't or might now make any since but in trying to explain it its taking more of the extra's away, and using something else, A Paint design to makes something stand out.
I had a badge made for the vette. Cost 350 dollars for two... After 3 years you know i'm still working on that money market .. Thats what I call her. Bought it for 15000. Now have 55000 in her. Still far more hp than a ZR1 for half the price, and with the guys that play at the air strip only one car so far that will run her down and I eat him and keep him up to 150 but the roots won't hold a candle to his twin turbos on a viper over 150. He walks me then. Nitrous helps in the 100 to 150 range but its still a roots blower. Only so much boost you can run with those. I'm sitting on 10. We backed it down for cooler intake temps.
Adding the black back end on the vette just like our skys to, and two strips down either side of the supercharger hood... Can't be the same as the sky because the concept of the two cars are totally different, but will be close enough you can tell the owner was thinking about somewhat or something in his design.
Same with the Fountain Boat. I"ve left the outside alone and use a different concept and color matching to blend in but draw attention to the whole picture or program. Not sure i'm explaining it right but all the toys are headed that way. Catches me off guard and i'm more than likely the only one that knows where he's going but HEY,, I"m getting there.
You wanted to portray to me anyway,, that early years of racing or English race car look. You did great. Number on the side gave it its own personality and your white wall tires sealed the deal.
I like the high tech, not a HAY, look at me, but more a WOW,, what in gods name is in that thing look. Don't want it to be stand outish,, < (how you like that word. LOL) but more of a "THERE" look to it.
Dragster was repainted one solid color. Only the pin strip colors were use to change the look . Nothing wild.
Boost has creaped up to 16 on the sky. Still a wild little ride up to 90 so just turning her up a notch using the paint instead of adding anything.
Fountain back wind deflector is all in that same game.
You expect to see a car logo or race logo but these is only one Fountain and everyone knows its boats so the car won't say race with the top down but will be more of a sport, class ride with the added wood grain kit on the inside or something you could park beside the fountain for a classic look.
With having one car that has add on's using paint only other than the badge I wanted to do the same with the sky but no badge. (Hood and rear scoop and dropped) the sky is in the middle between fast and luxury, until someone pulls up enough to see the gauge pods on both.
Had a 500gt mustang back off and he was ridding on my left side back about the rear tire cause the gauge pod through him off. Could he of taking me. LOL. He could have killed me and the outside didn't slow him down. Close inspection he won't sure he wanted to get his feelings hurt when he seen the gauge pod and if you have learned anything about me in the past 4 years, I won that war laughing without firing a shot. ............... After he turned off and was gone...lol

Did go a little wild on the dodge 3500 but its always hooked to something so its never in question. You know truck drivers. We like lights, and I have fun messing with everything. GF calls it, putting the Luke , to it. LOL

No plate on mine. Just paint.

Colors on the race trailer match the boat. I like that.

Mike,, I think the best way to say it,, I like everything color matched perfect. Thats the most important thing to me and to much or to little makes all the difference. Lot of folks have super nice cars then kill them by adding to much. Once you make a car busy looking to me, the cool factor of the car is gone. Jap cars come to mind or all these stick ones that advance sells that folks have started making a habit of buying and putting on their cars. Has to be right in the middle. LOL. The lines have to be right, and the look has to be there but not stand out. It can be bold, but now wild and for god sake, not busy. LOL Thats the look I like and where i'm going with painting the sky.

PS Helmet is being wrapped as we speak. I have aircondition on the rail so love the helmet. Hate the color. Color can be changed..

Last edited by liveaboard74; 01-04-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #56 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
GREAT comments and pictures!
Woodgrain interior
Diamond pattern console cover
gladmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #57 (permalink)

Pampered Sky.

When your pampered and you start showing a little silver, what do we do. COLOR IT.
Photo credit goes to Miss Tammy tonight. I'm playing Cowboy ridding around reaping havoc on slow 4 wheelers in the wild blue yonder but she ran by and took some shots this evening after work. They still have to buff her again. 7 coats of clear, then the stripe but I ask him it didn't look so yellow to me. He laughed and said my lights are still on. Bring your sun shades when you come to pick her up and the closer to dark you can make it might be safer. LOL
So its new life for two old farts. (me and the car) Not sure which one is more the nut behind the wheel. Still laughing at myself for doing it but I like it.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #58 (permalink)

Looks good. Yellow is best, of course.
But I do agree with your comment about the color.
Doesn't look quite so bright, saturated as say, your vette.
Could be the photos. Might look a lot better in sun(burst) light. : )
09SkyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #59 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
You gonna have them paint that lower grey/black exhaust fascia while they're at it?
SkyVue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #60 (permalink)

Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > General Saturn Sky Discussion