Saturn Sky Forum banner

Yellow Skys Lets see some photos.

15K views 76 replies 17 participants last post by  liveaboard74 
#1 ·
Know it sounds crazy but always wished I had a yellow Sky. Chevy dealership that Painted the vette gave me a really good price on painting the whole sky, doors and all. Thinking about changing colors.
If you have a Yellow sky, if you would post some really good photos all the way around the car. Thinking about getting a black stripe on it to.
Thanks.

#2 ·
Know it sounds crazy but always wished I had a yellow Sky. Chevy dealership that Painted the vette gave me a really good price on painting the whole sky, doors and all. Thinking about changing colors.

If you have a Yellow sky, if you would post some really good photos all the way around the car. Thinking about getting a black stripe on it to.
Thanks.
Don't paint it like a Sky, paint it like a vette, my Sky is various shades, the hood is light sunburst, the spoiler and mirrors are all sunburst, the fenders are dark sunburst and the rear deck is quasi sunburst. I plan to repaint mine next year so the whole Sky matches.

As for the black stripes, I think MARVIC1 has the best color scheme on his Skyper (Sky and Viper) :lol: Hopefully he'll post some pics for you.

SP

#8 · (Edited)
Here is "GASNGO".
Yellow rules!

JerryG :cool:
yolo
Yellow and black make one heck of a nice combination. With the Foose rims I think it would look fantastic. . Wish they made them for the vette but they don't make the Nitrous rims like are on the sky or there would be a set on the vette.

Just something about a clean shinny yellow and black car I have always liked. Googled Yellow saturn sky then yellow with black stripe saturn sky and a lot of you guys cars are on there. Seen your green dragon on there Rob.
Found a place that sells the twin black stripe. Moving up to a lot bigger gooseneck trailer for the dragster so thinking about just painting the sky and keep her like she is. Trailer is suppose to be here this Saturday .
Nothing at all wrong with red atlredlinekid. Looks really nice but race trailer is red now, and my pickup is dark maroon and you guys know the vette is custom yellow with the yellow and black Hydracarbon under the hood and on the inside.
Nothing touches you guys custom graphic paint jobs like Robs and the rest of you guys but to me, for a solid color you just can't beat yellow.
Repainted the dragster. She's now solid Black with you guessed it, ,Yellow strips. Having my helmet wrapped now, hate that white and the colors will match the rail.
The car that i'm the most impressed with is from Texas. Has a plate Sky Guy.
Its on google and I have those photos saved.
The stripes are the same but he didn't have aftermarket rims. Only thing I would have to do to match the interior would be get some custom seats with yellow in them Rest is already black and wood grain. Kinda the plan right now.

#9 ·
Liveaboard, there is a yellow SKY 2007 in Scottsdale, AZ at a dealership, Van Chevrolet. It is very low miles and claimed to be 2,052 miles per a photo on craigslist of the odometer. If you private mail me, I'll send you the email I received when inquiring about seeing the car. You can find it on the Phoenix cragislist too. ... at least it was there a couple of days ago. I could check it out for you too if you like.

#15 ·
What I call a good price is $2500.00. Same place painted the vette for 2200. Its put me in second twice at Myrtle Beach Car show two years in a row, and in the top 50 at Carile PA Just the area where I live. Things are tight so you can get something that cost a arm and a leg somewhere else for a whole lot less. Kinda like taxes. All depends on where you live but thank you for the advice.

#20 · (Edited)
Love it.. :cheers:
And I use to be as beautiful as those girls in the photos but I can't remember that far back as to the time. :lol:

What yellow is that on your car. Is that the factory yellow and what is that color called.

And its happening . Ordered the stripes yesterday.
Less than a month is will be yellow with the same strips that were in the photos I posted.
Dave I have not given up on the motor yet, just got a good deal on a trailer at East Coast in Morresville that I could not pass up. Been bunched up in the red 30 foot pace and been looking. Through out some offers that you know or thought no one would take and East Coast called two days ago and the owner of a nice one took my offer. Moving up to this 48 foot gooseneck for the trailer so painting was a lot cheaper than motor for this year.

#22 · (Edited)
They all look great including yours. Only thing done to my sky are the foose rims Solo exhaust tips and that wind shield with the boat name on it so my outside is for the most part is stock. Been silver all of her life just time to turn her up a notch. :)
Never had a car with a solid stripe on it so maybe its old age but thats what sets that yellow car apart to me . Just my views.
Love the custom paint you guys did and won't kidding about there are one a very few that could come close to the looks that the custom paint has but I had that 73 camero way back in the 70s that was show and that was my wild looking show car. You know that one is from way back. Look how much sidewall the tires have. LOL
Thanks to all that posted and keep them coming. Still travel but will get some photos of her asap and stick them on here.

#26 ·
Dropped tje saturn off today to get it painted and didn't notice something until I showed it to the Mark the gentleman thats painting it. If the front windshield frame silver?? Bum1's car I can tell its painted black but the rest, its looks silver. Help me out guys. Wonder why they didn't paint that part yellow.

#39 ·
Thank you so much for providing me with the direct link. I really appreciate it. Now, the real fun begins - what color...I think I'll chat with Dave Gilbert at Werks and get some input...Have a wonderful safe holiday with friends and family...Critter

#40 ·
Anytime critter. :thumbs:

No news is good news and i'm rolling wide open but Tammy said the stripes came yesterday so T minus 7 days and counting.
Has anyone else totally changed the color of your sky here on the forum, and I did go look at Marvic Sky. Man he has that thing fixed up.. :)

#41 ·
I got 'em ordered - Metallic Charcoal. Should be here within 10 days or so. I got a graphics company (Stoked Graphics) set to apply them. They are connected with Werks so I trust that intro. I used Stoked for the eyelids previously and they did a great job. We'll how my eye takes to the effect once they are on. Thanks again...

#42 ·
I like the yellow and the stripes. Simple, effective and kind of old school. That is me. OLD school.:jester:

I love the pictures of your engine. I have been working on mine since P came home. Never a dull moment.

Attachments

#43 · (Edited)
Thanks Rob, and your one of the ones that inspired me to custom out the vette to start with. You guys and gals with the custom graph paint jobs were to tough to catch over here, and you already had the top of the line cars and the time to put into them . You Rings, spider. (thats what I call her LOL) you all have really got so much time in those things someone would be far behind trying to get up there with looking that good. Top notch rides. :)

Just how I look at it totally with the paint i"m doing. OLD SCHOOL. You nailed my words 100%.. You think like I do.. :)
What to me is going to set that set up on fire is those foose rims which are already there and the car is custom out on the inside with the wood grain ( stuff us old guys like.. :).....) and gauge pods so once the paint is dry, there is nothing else to do. I got a new sky and the color theme I always wanted. Nothing better than a quick fix..:)
Have not given up on the v-8 yet but the trailer set that on the back burner for this winter anyway. Dave already built a blown V-8 and you guys are one by one, installing them in there so you know me, its going to have to be different or a total monster under the hood or might just leave it alone and get dave to boost it up to the 300 mark. I'll do something just have not figured it out yet. Lots of time for that.
Always had one thing in the shop over here and something in the shop over there. My New Years got to have is a photo of everything all together. Nothing leaves the house when the sky gets back till their all in the front yard and the Digitial heads to the cartoon guy...:cheers:

#45 · (Edited)
I'm already on the 50 yard line.. :lol:

Yamaha Rx 667 home stereo I have had for about 6 years went PMS on the part where you plug it into the tv and it started flickering so I had to buy another home stereo. Rest worked perfect. Mrs. Tammy moved in and brought her stereo with huge Pioneer Speakers so I had my Yamaha's sitting idle. Got on e bay ordered two more back different yamaha speakers for the rear sound so have 667w 7 channel with a bass sub ready to go in her. Birthday is next Saturday but Tammy gave me a TV to go in the trailer Christmas. :thumbs:
Came with the top black cabinets and I opt not to get any more bottom, Getting a huge black pull out sleeper couch and the microwave is already installed in the top by the wall. We'll carry a cooler packed with what we want, shes going to make our bedroom in the 8 foot gooseneck part and I bought a swing out flip light i'm taking the light off and mounting the TV where it can swing inside the trailer and in the gooseneck part. Do double duty.
My tool box is your never going to believe it. Black and aluminum so matches the cabinets perfect and the trailer ac units go both ways. Heat and air.
Might be old but nothing slow around here. :)

#51 · (Edited)
Thats not mine. That one was just a photo I took off the internet of the way I wanted mine to look. Mine is still in the paint shop. Been a mess here all week. Raining, damp, cold. Door jams under hood and back of trunk are painted. He's taking photos. I'm where I am all the time. Rolling/.working . LOL
Suppose to be finished by Sunday with the car. Not the stripes. They are going to take a couple of weeks to get it to the sign guy. Weather pushed him back a day but my free time can't change. I'm on contract . I'm booked on my two days. Not a minuet to spare this time off. Will have photos of what it looks like by Sunday night or monday.N/A skys just the the sky word on the left rear. I bought the bottom part for a redline and those are Solo Exhaust tips on the duel exhaust. Solo back there to now but not in that photo.. That was before the tips.

#52 ·
Thats not mine. That one was just a photo I took off the internet of the way I wanted mine to look. Mine is still in the paint shop. Been a mess here all week. Raining, damp, cold. Door jams under hood and back of trunk are painted. He's taking photos. I'm where I am all the time. Rolling/.working . LOL
Suppose to be finished by Sunday with the car. Not the stripes. They are going to take a couple of weeks to get it to the sign guy. Weather pushed him back a day but my free time can't change. I'm on contract . I'm booked on my two days. Not a minuet to spare this time off. Will have photos of what it looks like by Sunday night or monday.N/A skys just the the sky word on the left rear. I bought the bottom part for a redline and those are Solo Exhaust tips on the duel exhaust. Solo back there to now but not in that photo.. That was before the tips.
Cool, I'm anxious to see the finished product. Did your painter remove the F/R fascias to paint the car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.