Saturn Sky Forum banner

anybody using Torque Pro app?

4K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  patrickgloeckner 
#1 ·
Just got a new gadget. I picked up a bluetooth OBD2 device and am learning a bit about the Torque Pro app. The first thing I looked at was my boost levels. Ever since I got the Trifecta I was concerned that I may be boosting more than the DIC would show. I always see a constant 23 PSI on the display. I hooked up the gadget and the app is showing 22.8 max boost. I was wondering if anybody using this app knows how accurate this reading is. I'm pretty sure the OEM MAP sensors can read up to about 24.5 or so PSI. I'm hoping the readings are an accurate interpretation of the voltages the MAP sensors are sending. I know the DIC doesn't show tenths so I'm assuming it rounds things off.

#2 ·
Well, keep in mind the OBD2 device won't be any more accurate than the dash reading since they both are getting their data from the exact same place.

I know sensors get a little "fuzzy" at the extreme ends of their range so I don't know how accurate the stock sensor is when it's almost maxed out.

OH, and I do run the torque app if I'm not wanting to break out the HP Tuners.

#6 ·
The sensors are only run within their accuracy ranges with the stock tunes. However, aftermarket tunes can increase boost into the 'rolled off' areas of the sensors.

Bottom line, boosts level reported by the sensors in stock tunes would be pretty accurate.

#15 ·
Huh...Same here...well, 5S Galaxy but that shouldn't make a difference. Sometimes there are little differences between the Android and Apple products but wouldn't matter in this case. COULD be your dongle if it uses another piece of software on your phone for connectivity. The one I have is straight Bluetooth and requires no other software. Here is mine:

ELM327 OBDII Bluetooth Auto Car Diagnostic Wireless Transceiver Dongle - Blue | eBay

But that's really the only thing I can think of. I'm a 2007 and you're a 2008 but again, that shouldn't make a difference.

#16 ·
Yep, it connected with my phone pretty easily and it works well. The app jipped me on the knock detector.
So basically i go to a blank screen, tap and hold and it says "item options add display. i tap that and it brings up the menu. I select the type of gauge and scroll down alphabetically and no knockers!

I wonder if the type of gauge makes a difference???

#17 ·
Try this if you haven't already done so.

Open Torque.
Go to Settings (Little gear logo in the lower left corner then choose settings...also a gear)
Go to Manage extra PIDs/Sensors
Click on the three vertical dot button in upper right corner and choose Add Predefined Set
Then choose the Pontiac/GM/Opel/Vauxhall option.

See if that doesn't get you the KR PID in your list.

EDIT: Gauge type shouldn't matter.

#20 ·
I have used this on our Magnum and Astrovan prior to emissions test. Have not played around with it on SKY.

Funny story. Bought one and it came out of the squished box lightly damaged. Company sent me a second and both are functional, so one stays in FL with the Sky...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.