Saturn Sky Forum banner

Exhaust redline vs base

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  BlueRL 
#1 ·
Does a redline turbo have a better throaty exhaust sound over the base?

#5 ·
In answer to the original question - if I understand the question correctly... Yes, you can replace a factory NA muffler with a factory Redline one, and it sounds GREAT! The Turbo muffler has less sound deadening (since the turbo itself muffles the sound) so the turbo exhaust on an NA gives a great crackly throaty rumble and snarl.

As SSR2015 said, though, you'll have to change the rear fascia or cut another hole for the second tip.

#7 ·
I just bought my sky last weekend. It was one owner. His wife worked at the dealer at the time. It's a base but the dealership offered him a factory redline exhaust as they had replaced someone's redline exhaust with a custom. So, it has the lower valance and exhaust of the redline. Great sound. Fun little car so far.

#10 ·
Thanks! Truth be told, I am a Corvette guy from a Corvette family. Used to daily driver a 2001 Z06. However, my first ever car was a 1986 Fiero GT and this time around I wanted to return to that feeling! Low, tight and claustrophobic! And I'm loving it so far. Look forward to many good discussions on here.

#13 ·
the exhaust note will never be like a large V8. They are a small 4. My lexus V8nhas an awsome sound and I found out why. Its got the same ignition sequence as a Flathead Ford.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.