[GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge] - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Redline Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Saturn Sky Redline Discussion Forum for discussion of aspects of the anticipated hi-performance version of the Saturn Sky.

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 02:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i like black much better myself...
i think the black in the headlights looks much better too since it matches. if i had any car color besides black i think i'd rather have the original headlights. i also took off the front badge.

Last edited by themann42; 04-11-2006 at 04:38 PM.
themann42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

wow that black looks HOT!
arm1tage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil GTO
I could have sworn I read in a couple places that the gas milage is expected to be nearly the same as the base model. it is not the same engine plus a turbo charger. Of course it may depend a lot on how you drive. if you are constantly pushing it to high RPMs and revving it up to dump the clutch for example you will get less gas milage. Or if you have a habit of leaving it running for 5 minutes to warm up in the colder months before driving.
According to the Spec sheet the Gas Milage will be about the same average for standard-transmission and slightly less for the automatic. The car is estimated to have better highway MPG in the redline for the standard-trans as well -- wow!
5 spd, black trim, chromies, XM 6-disc (full of puke), deck spoiler, LSD, painted visors, leather/chrome e-brake
1994SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2006, 08:42 PM   #34 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

www.fast-autos.net has an article up too. pretty much the exact same information, but the pictures are a much better resolution than the pics i've seen so far.
themann42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #35 (permalink)
First 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrarant
Does this mean that the Redlines can be ordered?
I was able to get in queue for the Redline and tell them what I want if that is what you mean. They say Oct Nov before anything will come of it though.
#2 On the List
Black Exterior
Black Leather Interior
Manual
6 CD Dash Monsoon
Spoiler
Chrome Wheels

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6862/fourth8aq.jpg

Last edited by trunkskun; 04-11-2006 at 10:26 PM.
trunkskun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2006, 03:31 AM   #36 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to Jordan Send a message via MSN to Jordan
I don't know about anyone else, but I am really liking the Gauges and the radio display... Looks very nice...

Overall I think we will be happy with the car, some small things we are going to change
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2006, 01:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporting Member

It's a very nice car but my wife would have my nuts if I told her I was canceling our current order to wait what will end up being another year to get a Redline.

VIN 4927

Preorder July/05
Ordered January 23/06
Preferenced May 22/06
TPW July 10/06
Built July 11/06
Shipped July 14/06
Invoiced July 17/06
At dealership July 31/06
My driveway August 2/06
rick112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #38 (permalink)
First 2000

Send a message via AIM to durnadupa
Beautiful, and now this is on top of my list. For only a few thousand more you can get this plus all that extra power, what a deal.

Question: Does anyone know if they will have red/black interior on the Redline as well?
durnadupa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (7)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Saturn.com

Saturn.com now has the Sky Red Line under Future Vehicles - not much info though.
MCW Sky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #40 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Flyer
Any release on the final MSRP for the Redline
Found this while checking out the 2006 New York Auto Show.

http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshow...-red-line.html

It stated the msrp would be $ 28000.00

Sounds good to me. Number one on my dealers list.
fkeillor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #41 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (7)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Some press shots from Hard Rock Cafe, NYC:
Attached Thumbnails
[GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-hard_rock_dmc_2.jpg   [GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-hard_rock_camp_freddie.jpg   [GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-hard_rock_camp_freddie_2.jpg   [GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-hard_rock_front.jpg   [GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-hard_rock_front_2.jpg  

skl8260 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2006, 12:46 AM   #42 (permalink)
First 2000

Send a message via AIM to lbsst14
What the heck is that "hatch" looking thing?
lbsst14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2006, 01:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (2)
That is an optional luggage rack from saturn. I read somewhere here on the forum that you can get by it self or with a piece of luggage that is made to be straped into it. Not sure what the price will be.
fkeillor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #44 (permalink)
Retired from Active Duty Administrator ;-)

My Photos: (17)
Pic1
General Motors Vice Chairman Bob Lutz and Saturn General Manager Jill Lajdziak celebrate the introduction of the new lineup of Saturn production vehicles: the Sky Red Line performance roadster (front), the Saturn Outlook crossover vehicle, and the Aura midsize sedan Wednesday, April 12, 2006 at the New York Auto Show. Saturn also unveiled the PreVue concept (rear). (General Motors/Steve Fecht) (United States)

Pic2
General Motors Vice Chairman Bob Lutz introduces the Saturn Sky Red Line performance roadster, one of three new Saturn production vehicles unveiled at the New York Auto Show Wednesday, April 12, 2006.

Pic3
General Motors Vice Chairman Bob Lutz and Saturn General Manager Jill Lajdziak introduce the of the new lineup of Saturn vehicles: the Sky Red Line performance roadster (clockwise from front), the Saturn Outlook crossover vehicle, the Saturn PreVue concept and the Aura midsize sedan Wednesday, April 12, 2006 at the New York Auto Show.

Pic4
Members of the media get a closer look at the new 2007 Saturn Sky Red Line after it was introduced at a special event prior to the start of the New York Auto Show Tuesday, April 11, 2006 in New York. General Motors unveiled three new Saturn vehicles * the Sky Red Line performance roadster, the Outlook crossover vehicle and the Aura midsize sedan. The new Saturn lineup features European-influenced design characteristics.
Attached Thumbnails
[GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-nysaturnreveal01.jpg   [GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-nysaturnreveal03.jpg   [GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-nysaturnreveal05.jpg   [GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-nysaturnskyredline01.jpg   [GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-redline_ny_auto_show_3.jpg  

No, I'm NOT Bob Lutz...
Link to Forum Rules/Guidelines/Etiquette
Link to Sky Specification Estimates/Sky FAQ
KappaMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #45 (permalink)
Retired from Active Duty Administrator ;-)

My Photos: (17)
Pic1

Musician Dave Navarro (center) and the rest of the band Camp Freddy get comfortable on a new 2007 Saturn Sky Red Line on the red carpet at a special event to introduce three new Saturn vehicles - the Sky Red Line performance roadster, the Outlook crossover vehicle and the Aura midsize sedan at the Hard Rock Café in Times Square prior to the start of the New York Auto Show Tuesday, April 11, 2006 in New York.

Pic2

The band Camp Freddy and a 2007 Saturn Sky Red Line share the stage on top of the marquee of the Hard Rock Café in Times Square for a special event hosted by Saturn to introduce three new Saturn vehicles * the Sky Red Line performance roadster, the Outlook crossover vehicle and the Aura midsize sedan prior to the start of the New York Auto Show Tuesday, April 11, 2006 in New York. Camp Freddy is headed up by Billy Morrison (Doheny, The Cult), Dave Navarro (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction), Matt Sorum (Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver), Donovan Leitch (son of legendary folk singer Donovan), and Chris Chaney (Janes Addiction, Alanis Morrisette).

Pic3

The band Camp Freddy and a 2007 Saturn Sky Red Line share the stage on top of the marquee of the Hard Rock Café in Times Square for a special event hosted by Saturn to introduce three new Saturn vehicles * the Sky Red Line performance roadster, the Outlook crossover vehicle and the Aura midsize sedan prior to the start of the New York Auto Show Tuesday, April 11, 2006 in New York. Camp Freddy is headed up by Billy Morrison (Doheny, The Cult), Dave Navarro (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction), Matt Sorum (Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver), Donovan Leitch (son of legendary folk singer Donovan), and Chris Chaney (Janes Addiction, Alanis Morrisette).

Pic4

The band Camp Freddy and a 2007 Saturn Sky Red Line share the stage on top of the marquee of the Hard Rock Café in Times Square for a special event hosted by Saturn to introduce three new Saturn vehicles * the Sky Red Line performance roadster, the Outlook crossover vehicle (right) and the Aura midsize sedan prior to the start of the New York Auto Show Tuesday, April 11, 2006 in New York. Camp Freddy is headed up by Billy Morrison (Doheny, The Cult), Dave Navarro (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction), Matt Sorum (Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver), Donovan Leitch (son of legendary folk singer Donovan), and Chris Chaney (Janes Addiction, Alanis Morrisette

Pic5

Attached Thumbnails
[GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-saturncampfreddy01.jpg   [GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-nysaturncampfreddy04.jpg   [GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-nysaturncampfreddy03.jpg   [GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-nysaturncampfreddy01.jpg   [GM News] Official Redline Announcement [Merge]-nysaturncampfreddy05.jpg  

No, I'm NOT Bob Lutz...
Link to Forum Rules/Guidelines/Etiquette
Link to Sky Specification Estimates/Sky FAQ
KappaMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Redline Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.