Saturn Sky Forum banner

Have you all gotten your names on the list for the Red Line???

6K views 39 replies 27 participants last post by  Eye on Sky 
#1 ·
I just put my name on the list today after calling 4 different dealers. I finally found one that I'm first on the list!!!

I'm really excited and the salesman told me that it would be probably around 6 months out before the car would be available.

I think the few months wait will work out perfect so I can see all of the different colors and options on the normal Sky's. I'm so excited!!! :cheers:

Oh, and hello to all as this is my first post!! :D

Kyle

#27 ·
Depends

Not yet - I first need to find out how much bonus and raise I am getting this year - then to determine when a likely ship date for the RL will be - then figure out if my wife's car will need to go before my lease is up. Also, I want to see some of the colors up close and drive one before I put money down.

So I am a definite, maybe, considering, likely, really want to, have to wait, could be on a list soon, I think.

#28 ·
I waited for the Solstice for almost a year, then they came out with the Sky, I've been waiting almost another year. Waiting for the Redline, I don't think so. I want to be able to drive a Sky before they put me in the home.:lol: :lol:

#30 ·
No redline for me... I'm happy with the regular car and don't want to give my insurance company any reason to raise the rates :)

#33 ·
Ernest said:
I JUST CLOSED THE DEAL AND WE ORDERED A ION R/L COUPE FOR MY SON TODAY, I AM COLLECTING THEM ALL!!!!!!!:D :thumbs:
I really wish the LSJ engine from the ION RL/Cobalt SS had been an option for the Kappa cars. It's a very nice strong pulling engine. GM has Stage 1 & 2 upgrade kits for it as well now that give you an official ECU retune, larger fuel injectors, and smaller Supercharger pulley raising the power from 205HP to like 245HP I believe, and all covered under warranty.

The current design of the LSJ would never fit in our cars though cause the air inlet on the Supercharger would be IN the firewall on our cars. :banghead:

#34 ·
My Dealer (Saturn of Lakeside) doesn't have an offical Redline waitlist. They are very aware of my interest and they have my contact info, so while I will keep bugging them about it I assume as soon as they have a list I will be #1.

#36 ·

Hi Sky-Baby just checked the dealer my car has moved to 30, next will be 33 ...Seal9

#37 ·
seal9 said:
Hi Sky-Baby just checked the dealer my car has moved to 30, next will be 33 ...Seal9

WHOOO HOOOOO:thumbs: ... maybe when i am driving back to clearwater on may 13.... i will have mine and can stop so our CARS.. can stay in touch..... SkyBaby-07

#38 ·
Redline thread over at SaturnFans

I've been following (with great interest) a Redline discussion thread over at SaturnFans.com. Seems to be a lot of buzz going on over there about an August 2006 release date of the Redline. Somebody from Canada stated that GM of Canada announced that the Redline will be available to order in May 2006 with delivery in August. Not sure what that means for us over here in the states....but I'm going to follow up on this with my dealer. If a May or June ordering date is certain...then I will definitely wait for the Redline seeing as I probably won't get imaged for my regular Sky until early June anyway. I'll be stopping by my dealer tomorrow to see what they know about it.

#39 ·
nscrbug said:
I've been following (with great interest) a Redline discussion thread over at SaturnFans.com. Seems to be a lot of buzz going on over there about an August 2006 release date of the Redline. Somebody from Canada stated that GM of Canada announced that the Redline will be available to order in May 2006 with delivery in August. Not sure what that means for us over here in the states....but I'm going to follow up on this with my dealer. If a May or June ordering date is certain...then I will definitely wait for the Redline seeing as I probably won't get imaged for my regular Sky until early June anyway. I'll be stopping by my dealer tomorrow to see what they know about it.
That's OpenSKY and I think he is defiantly believing some dealer BS.

The new Solstice GXP Site says "Avalible Fall 2006" So that is at the earliest September. And I don't think the Redline is going to beat the GXP to market. So September/October is the EARLIEST you will see the Redline, but March/April of 2007 is more likely.

#40 ·
My first Sky came in today

I put a deposit to get the first red line at dealer when I went on pre orderlist for my Sky that came in today. So as soon as they can get it through I'll have my order. My first is Midnight Blue- Black top with black leather-chrome wheels-and everything but xm-and spoiler. I want Bluestone on the Redline.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.