Saturn Sky Forum banner

Just Tinted The Tail Lights!

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  skersfan 
#1 ·
So I only have a few more external changes I want to make to the Redline after the addition of the wheels and painting those side vents.

Here is what the car looked like before the taillights were tinted:

Here is what it looks like now (I think it looks way better btw!):

See less See more
#3 ·
I did mine about two years ago. also did the third brake light. Personally I don't think it was good idea, so I bought a Solstice third brake and installed it. Left it alone. These things are so low, and being seen is a problem. I love the look, but the safety side is definitely infringed upon.

#10 ·
That's why I left my third brake light alone. it really gets your attention.

It may just be the pics but it looks like it could use some clear coat and a good Polish. It would make it shine.
My tails were painted and cleared...so they get waxed like the rest of the car. If the tails haven't been cleared in the OP's case, may not be a bad idea to clear them.

#12 ·
The wife's Green Dragon has the tails tinted Envious to match the car. I also installed after market sequential super bright LEDs so they remain both bright and attention grabbing.

Interestingly the third brake light for the Solstice when I bought 10 spares were $5 each three years ago on eBay. today they are $125 from GM. The Sky silver light was over $100 when I last looked. I had a red light painted for the Dragon and will finally get around to installing it this month.

As to the fender inserts, they are taped in place and you can buy replacement units on eBay for not a lot of money in a lot of different factory colors. I found a set that were carbon fiber painted for the Dragon. Easy replacement.

#13 ·
Rob, do you know how to search for them on ebay? Like what to actually type in?

Really, we got lazy on the inserts. I would prefer to just pull them out, but it would take pulling off the fender and I didn't really want to do that at the time....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.