Saturn Sky Forum banner

new sky redline owner

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Sky4christ 
#1 ·
Has any one used the "Wind Blox" rear mount wind restrictor?

#2 · (Edited)
As I wasn't familiar with 'wind blox', I googled it.

A quick look shows this is for a helmet: "Stops over 80% of bicycle wind noise".

As I normally just wear a cap (not a helmet :lol: sorry, just couldn't help myself), I have a Wind Restrictor product and it works very well. WR is a sponsor of this website/forum, and I find them very supportive of the site and their products. Can't be beat! :cheers:

#6 ·
The rear is the original mount, I believe most (all?) who order now go with the new version 2 or front mount as you call it.

#9 ·
I ordered a Wind Restrictor

Here's a few reasons that I ordered the Wind Restrictor for about $50 more than the wind blox:
-My wife's hair gets real messed up without one
-Everyone on this forum seems to love their wind restrictor
-They had better engraving options
-No permanent modifications for their mounting system
-Reviews that I read favored the WR, and 'quality' was mentioned a lot
-The lady that I was on chat with at WR when trying to decide (at 1 am) was very helpful and gave me a small discount for being a member of this forum.

NOTE: this is for the front mount Wind restrictor which is 1/4" and front mounted, so that it can stay on with the top up. The rear mount (version 1) can still be special ordered, but I'm not sure why you would want that.

So I went with Wind Restrictor. I should get it in about 5 days. I'll let you know if I am happy with my decision in a week or so.

#11 ·
Here's a few reasons that I ordered the Wind Restrictor for about $50 more than the wind blox:
-My wife's hair gets real messed up without one
-Everyone on this forum seems to love their wind restrictor
-They had better engraving options
-No permanent modifications for their mounting system
-Reviews that I read favored the WR, and 'quality' was mentioned a lot
-The lady that I was on chat with at WR when trying to decide (at 1 am) was very helpful and gave me a small discount for being a member of this forum.

NOTE: this is for the front mount Wind restrictor which is 1/4" and front mounted, so that it can stay on with the top up. The rear mount (version 1) can still be special ordered, but I'm not sure why you would want that.

So I went with Wind Restrictor. I should get it in about 5 days. I'll let you know if I am happy with my decision in a week or so.
I was thinking the version 1 because of using screws that are already there. How is version 2 mounted?

#13 ·
I've had my Wind restrictor for about 4 years now and Its a V2, it just uses glue to stick a Velcro strip to the plastic behind the seats. and then there is Velcro on the wind restrictor. It may not sound like it will hold up, but Like I said I've had it on for 4 years with no issues. I'd definitely recommend them as they were great and even installed it for me since I lived right by where they ship them from. Even got to hang out in their lobby which was Very cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.