Saturn Sky Forum banner

Redline Enginbe Removal

6K views 48 replies 7 participants last post by  skl8260 
#1 ·
In case you haven't seen a 2L out of the Sky, here is how it looks. I was able to pull it without removing the AC, powersteering pump, or transmission. Since all of that worked well, I didn't want to have more to work on than I needed to. I do have to strip it to a long block before sending it off to be rebuilt, and I am thinking I will put the block back in before replacing the intake and exhaust manifolds. It will make reaching the bell housing bolts and lower accessories much easier.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is there something wrong with my computer. There is a note that says Thumbnails Attached, but there are NO pictures, thumbnails or any other. And I cannot attach "smiles" to my posts. What is wrong!!!!????

#5 ·
Quit using IE to look at the forum. Use Google Chrome, it'll show you the pics when you click on them.

#8 · (Edited)
probably not since it just started and my ad blocker always tells me when it is blocking something. And an ad blocker shouldnt keep me from using the "smilies" Also, I see down below, in this program, that HTML is turned off and I see no way to turn it on. All the other features are turned on.

#22 ·
FWIW I'm seeing everything in the red format since the switch, haven't seen the old format since the switch.

Apparently, this is not always the case, and it might have something to do with this type of problem?

I don't think Robo can do much about it, but you might want to ring an Administrator's chimes.

:dunno:

#27 ·
Yea, I can't do crap when it comes to a lot of these things. I don't have any control over Forum settings really that I know of (unless something's changed since last time I looked into this).

That comment of mine was directed to the situation where BlueRL found the unchecked "Show Images" item I mentioned. Sometimes you need to back out and start over again to get the cache cleared.

As to this blue/red problem, I'll share the following, which is my understanding as to what may be contributing to that issue: Solsticeforum and SkyRoadster were owned by a different outfit back in the 2004 time frame thru when they were sold to the existing owners. Early on there was some custom programming done on the data base of messages, and every time vBulletin brings out a new version, and the current owners decide to upgrade, we get these weird things happening from time to time.

Who knows? Not I !

The Red/Blue issue I've been able to duplicate on my home machines and my work machine. Seems to be only the Redline discussion section of the site that has this problem. Every time I go into a thread in this section, I get the old blue format. I've PM's @Administrator on this and that's about all I can do.

As for the Image issues, I have no idea why certain ones would be blocked and others wouldn't unless it's in your settings which you seem to have eliminated...be sure to refresh pages after changing settings though as sometimes a browser will hold on to the old code...you should see some of the nightmares I deal with at work because of this.

Beyond that, it may be a browser issue or plug in issue and since we have never seen this problem before (or rather I haven't) I can't give much insight into what you may try to fix it.

#25 ·
That comment of mine was directed to the situation where BlueRL found the unchecked "Show Images" item I mentioned. Sometimes you need to back out and start over again to get the cache cleared.

As to this blue/red problem, I'll share the following, which is my understanding as to what may be contributing to that issue: Solsticeforum and SkyRoadster were owned by a different outfit back in the 2004 time frame thru when they were sold to the existing owners. Early on there was some custom programming done on the data base of messages, and every time vBulletin brings out a new version, and the current owners decide to upgrade, we get these weird things happening from time to time.

Who knows? Not I !

#33 ·
I do web development too and I'm sure it's a problem like you mention. I don't mess with forums as an Admin in a LONG time so I have no idea what changes have been made but I'm certain it's a setting issue.

You have no idea how maddening it is being a developer dealing with this without having the ability to change it.

#35 · (Edited)
I guess I should not complain. Apparently everyone but me is on the "old" Blue format while I cannot even see that skin.:willy:

Wow, now the Smilies are back....just now!!!! :cheers:>:):laugh::grin: Now I dont even remember what the other thing was that I lost.

This is really spooky!!!!!!

Here is what I have recently done. Just now, I got here by using this link:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f24/redline-enginbe-removal-87074-new/

from an email notification.

The only other thing I have done recently that might have a bearing is that yesterday I went to the Solstice site, for the first time in months, to look at the comments on the 2018 NASSAM. Then Icame back.

#38 ·
This is really spooky. As I go from entering the thread from the email link to entering it from the browser, the posts I see go from "thread" to "single post". And, guess what, the thumbnails that started this whole investigation are BACK. I can see them.

#39 ·
I have found a repeatable situation.

If I enter the thread from an email that gives me this link:

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum - View Single Post - Redline Enginbe Removal

I will go into the single post mode with DaveOCs post. But if I enter it from another email that gives the link:

Redline Enginbe Removal - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

I will enter the thread mode.

This is reasonable if you look at the link, but it is not clear to me why the post from DaveOC gives me the "single post" link while others give me the "thread" link.

And, further, I have no idea why that affects the smilies and pictures.

#48 ·
Still blue for me to, on some of my computers, others are OK and show red.

Want me to do a complete survey? 5 computers and 2 tablets. I'd prefer not to as the result won't show what the problem is.

This forum was reset last night, for what it is worth, this thread is still misbehaving.

Who knows? Not I.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.