Saturn Sky Forum banner

Repaired cracked fender

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Robotech 
#1 ·
Go to auto store and by fiber glass apoxy kit and apply to inside of fender holding the aliened . Use bondo to fill in front crack and smooth with final 1500 wet sand paper. I went to NAPA for my paint color code number.
My car is a 2009 Saturn Sky Redline special edition SE. Code# 79WA517Q which is called Merlot Jewel Metallic. I bought it in 8oz. spray can for 30 dollars cost. Cleaned area to be sprayed with alcohol and hand sprayed area on fender. Will wait 24 hours to wet sand with 2000 grit wet sand paper(removes nibbles and smooths) then 72 hours later to buff area.
THE PAINT MATCHES PERFECTLY.

#3 ·
This will work fine but you have to be able to get the epoxy down in the actual cracks. Plus some of our fenders are damn near crumbled (like mine). I wouldn't really know how to fix that. It's got a 4-inch gaping hole in the bottom.

#5 · (Edited)
I used fiberglass on the back.
Presently having the 2.0 lnf engine rebuilt;
ZZP Cam, Molnar Rods,, Wiseco Pistons & Clip Kit, Valve Springs & Retainers, ARP Head Stud Kit, Opel Fuel Injection, Hahn Blow-off Valve, Hahn Intercooler, Hahn Turbo- 5831, DDM Clutch Kit, Hawk Brake & Rotor Kit. My 2009 sky redline presently has; RBI GT Exhaust with Down pipe, 3/8 inch Backbone, GE Cold Air Intake, Stubby Shifter and Antenna

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.