Saturn Sky Forum banner

Best Mod Ever... DBW throttle delay eliminator

24K views 73 replies 33 participants last post by  GT! 
#1 · (Edited)
LINK>>>>Best Mod Ever..

The best mod ever!!! New Product - DBW Throttle Delay Eliminator!!!

New Product Announcement -

The Sprintbooster is hands down the best mod you could ever buy for your Drive By Wire Solstice or SKY!!!

This little device is impressive! One of my biggest gripes with the Solstice and SKY, hell even any drive by wire vehicle has always been the delay in throttle response. This device now solves that problem for good!

Benefits -

Eliminate that ridiculous head bobbing throttle delay for good!

Sprintbooster reduces the delay of DBW throttle response, providing instant acceleration!

1 minute installation! It simply plugs inline on the throttle pedal assembly under the dash. Unplug the throttle pedal harness and plug in this little device into the throttle pedal then plug the harness into the other end of the SB device, takes a whopping 2 minutes if you are blindfolded

Here is a Racepak data graph showing the before and after differences -

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.

Free trial and installation for local customers

In stock - Order here -

SOLSTICE/SKY/OPEL GT DBW DELAY ELIMINATOR - $329.00

***Please put the year, make, model and automatic or manual transmission of your Solstice or SKY in the comments section when placing your order online.***

Home of the world's most powerful Solstice GXP - 415whp!
info@performanceautowerks.com
Welcome to Performance Autowerks!
Welcome to the Home of WERKS RACING
815-439-4547
Last edited by werks : 03-13-2009 at 11:52 AM.

See less See more
#2 ·
Best Mod Ever..

The best mod ever!!! New Product - DBW Throttle Delay Eliminator!!!

New Product Announcement -

The Sprintbooster is hands down the best mod you could ever buy for your Drive By Wire Solstice or SKY!!!

This little device is impressive! One of my biggest gripes with the Solstice and SKY, hell even any drive by wire vehicle has always been the delay in throttle response. This device now solves that problem for good!

Benefits -

Eliminate that ridiculous head bobbing throttle delay for good!

Sprintbooster reduces the delay of DBW throttle response, providing instant acceleration!

1 minute installation! It simply plugs inline on the throttle pedal assembly under the dash. Unplug the throttle pedal harness and plug in this little device into the throttle pedal then plug the harness into the other end of the SB device, takes a whopping 2 minutes if you are blindfolded

Here is a Racepak data graph showing the before and after differences -

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.

Free trial and installation for local customers

In stock - Order here -

SOLSTICE/SKY/OPEL GT DBW DELAY ELIMINATOR - $329.00

***Please put the year, make, model and automatic or manual transmission of your Solstice or SKY in the comments section when placing your order online.***

815-439-4547
Last edited by werks : 03-13-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Umm, click where?:confused:

#4 ·
I have the Westers race tune......would it have to be re-calibrated to accept this mod?????

#14 ·
seems interesting, if it actually makes the throttle body open faster then itd be worth it. from what ive read on the sol forums is that the ecm takes a while to completely open the tb all the way when wot. if this sb can increase the speed in which the tb opens then the vehicle should be faster, because its getting more air in faster. but, if it only just gets it to the initial open stage quicker, which is what everyone feels when they first start driving, and doesnt actually speed up the tb completely opens up at wot then its not worth it, just giving it more gas will have the same effect, you just have to move the pedal more. i hope it really does make the tb completely open faster. ill prolly get it anyway cause i love a sensitive pedal, less pedal control effort makes it easier to drive imo.

#15 ·
Guy on the solstice forum says this is the real deal. eliminates most of the lag, and the throttle is more responsive.Says he spun tires with the TC on.:D SAys he is very happy with this. Sounds like a great product still a little pricey but there is a group buy deal going on on the other side.

#16 · (Edited)
That would be something that can be controlled by the ECM. This seems like a gimmick to me. Once they said it was $329 I knew it was BS.

Not even the famed plug-in that actually did work in the Vettes for the 1st-4th shifts removal did not cost more than $60.

I would like to see some testing. Take the thing apart and see if there is really a CMOS chip controlling things. I seriously don't think so and the price they put it at would make most not take it apart.

Just like Dumbo and the feather though you are going to feel the change wheather is one or not.

Remember the ECU takes in all the reading from the throttle position and calculates the air and fuel curves and boost control.

My 93 RX7 R1 was drive by wire and it was the version that had the sensitive pedal and quick spool the ECU was tuned for this rapid rabid performance. It scared most people so in 94 they detuned the cars instant take off and crispness to a more toned down throttle responce same HP though. Yet this was all controlled by the ECU not the by putting a connector on the pedal sensor. That is why the 1993 ECU was in such demand before standalone system got big and cheap.

This thing just does not make since in my mind. Just from an engineering stand point the throttle is just a sensor that detects the position of the pedal then it feeds that data to the ECU which opens the TB. So it would be the ECU that would controll how fast the TB opened. Also it would be the actuator that is on the TB that controls the ultimate speed of opening and closing. So right there that's a big Whut?

Now any lag or response time to acceleration is caused by the turbo not the accellerator there will be lag time no matter what.

The only thing I can think of what his thing does is give a faulty reading from the pedal sensor greatly reducing the virtual travel so instead of 1/4 pedal it reads 1/2 throttle and opens accordingly making the pedal inaccurate in it's travel position. Would negate the level of travel you have and could end up putting you into a wall. Also your fuel economy will probably go down because the throttle will alway be open more than you want or is really nessary.

Every one loves the sensitive pedal, but it's not worth $329 and won't add an ounce of power that is not already there. You can probably change the setting with HP tuners for free without tricking the ECU.

All you will find in that connector is a .50 cent resistor on one of the output lines. That sends a faulty voltage/signal to the ECU.

I think I can just press the pedal further and save the $329 for a mod that actually does something to gain power.

#17 ·
This might Help...

I have tested this product out on many other cars. And I can say it works very well. The first test car we had the pleasure of driving with this was a 2006 Honda fit, the product did what it said it was going to do. Same thing on the Acura TSX and TL type S. We tried smoking the tires on the Automatic TL type S. It didn't happen. We put the sprint booster in and the tires got smoked coming off the line. I forgot to add it did shave a hair off of our 1/4mile times with all of the cars we tested. All the cars were same driver with and without the sprint booster. We did 2 runs without the booster and 2 runs with it. And both runs with it were good better times then without it.

Hope this helps everyone if they are thinking about buying the product.

compression

SprintBooster Group Buy Official Thread!!! - Pontiac Solstice Forum :thumbs:

#18 ·
I have heard that this product only opens the throttle up more than expected. If there is no obvious delay, and I personally have yet to feel one, than how can this possibly eliminate something that does not exist. If it does open the throttle more than it would without it it would make the car very jumpy and possibly harder to control launch. I do not buy it! :nono:

#20 ·
Agreed!
The cars have an Electronically Controlled Throttle that is 100% driven by the ECU. The pedal is nothing more than a feel good input for the driver to signal the intended power to be delivered to the engine. No matter what you do or how fast you do it the ECU still controls the throttle position.

To be specific there are slew rate tables in the ECU that define how fast the throttle can open AND how fast engine RPM can increase. Even if this "chip" could increase the rate of the input it will never go faster than what the slew rate is defined in the ECU. Short of reprogramming your ECU you are really doing nothing more than having a heavier foot.

#19 ·
Group Buy Info..

Group Buy is as follows -

1-10 people = $299.99
11-20 people = PM for Price
21-30 people = PM for Price
31-40 people = PM for Price
41-50 people = PM for Price

***Price includes shipping to the Lower 48 states***

*****If the PM'ed price is posted or advertised anywhere the Group Buy will be cancelled immediately*****

$299.99 Payment is due when placing group buy order. Once final amount of group buy entries is achieved the difference will be creditted back to you.

Payment can be made via paypal, through our website or by calling the shop with a credit card.

Website link -

Solstice/SKY/OPEL GT Sprintbooster

Group Buy List - ***Runs through the end of April 2009***

1. Spiky3480 - ***PAID - SHIPPED***
2. VFX - ***PAID***
3. imaj
4. Alan Luebbers - ***PAID - INSTALLED***
5. John McIntire - ***PAID - SHIPPED***
6. Dave Rojas - ***PAID***
7. moosesimpson - ***PAID***
8. Road-Runner-I - ***PAID***
9. jonymac
10. Daniel Arroyo - ***PAID***
11. Dennis Lambert
12.Sean Alamares - ***PAID***
13. flaj
14. GXP N ME - ***PAID***
15. Brian Farmer - ***PAID - SHIPPED***
16. Matthew Benson - ***PAID***
17. rich71 - ***PAID***
18. GXPTerror - ***PAID***
19.Jack O'Neil - ***PAID***
20.hojomoriah - ***PAID***
21.Cat'sMeanGXP
22. Yamatr3
23. Wannasolstice2 - ***PAID***
24.Anon123 - ***PAID***

815-439-4547
Last edited by Greg@Pwerks : Today at 07:04 AM.
werks is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

#21 ·
A fool & his money are soon departed.. :lol::willy: $329 for a chip? You gotta be kiddn.. :eek: Take that money are buy a real mod, that is more than half the cost of ANY tune, if not pay for almost all of it.. :rolleyes: But hey guys, if you have the scratch, and want to line these guys pockets for something that cost pennies.. go for it..

#23 · (Edited)
Sounds like a magic box to me! There is no way to MAKE a signal go down a wire FASTER.
Well, you could always switch to optical fiber to transmit the signal.:jester:

Of course, over so short a run the difference over copper cable would be negligible.

My guess is that our throttles are analog, sending a varying voltage to the computer, which then decides what to do. This chip is likely simply an amp. Boosting the voltage could fake the computer into opening up the throttle faster. I'm betting that this is the way the chip works. Of course, that means you'd be paying $300 for a device that could be made from a couple dollars worth of IC chips.

It's possible that it simply provides a wider range of voltages to the computer, making for more resolution once the signal is converted back into digital. If I remember my digital circuits classes though that would require re-working the computer end. I doubt the chip does this, but this certainly would be a better way to go about it, more resolution and a better program to interpret throttle commands.

Whatever it does, I'd be very curious as to how much voltage the computer is designed to accept, and how much this chip sends. With out cars computer/electrical systems being as picky as they are I wouldn't want to take chances.

IMO, cars should use an oldschool cable throttle, with sensors to report everything to the computer after the fact. The electronic throttle is the Sky is certainly worse than a cable throttle, but as far as drive by wire goes it's not that bad. The throttle on my Civic was noticeably worse, the computer wanted to save gas, but my foot wanted to go.

#25 ·
They are offering a full refund if you aren't happy with it. Personally if I had 300$ to throw around I would pick it up. But from what I have read it won't make your 0-60 time any better and it may take a hair off your 1/4 time. Though it will make your car driving experience more fun and that's why so many people are shelling out the 300$ for it.

#27 ·
Do a Google search for Sprint Booster and you'll come across multiple forums for all different sorts of cars and not one bad thing to say other than "it's expensive." They have a 100% refund guarantee, so they must be pretty confident in the product. I for one have the money, have placed an order, and am fully expecting the product to work as advertised.

Will make a post about my impressions when I get it, which should be end of this week or early next.

#28 ·
Copied and Pasted from SprintBooster Power Converter - www.SprintBoosterSales.com

'Sprint Booster makes your car 'feel' more powerful' - let's see why...

Faster Throttle Response
Sprint Booster makes your car's throttle respond faster to your foot. As a result, your gas pedal actually achieves a full throttle response 25% sooner than the stock configuration. Even if you have a 'sport' button, Sprint Booster will quicken the throttle response time. By making the throttle respond faster to your input, you will feel as though your car has more muscle than it really does!

• Sprint Booster does not increase Horsepower.

• Sprint Booster does not reduce your 0-60mph times.

Sprint Booster DOES make your car 'FEEL' faster.

• Sprint Booster is not for everyone

Too much "feel" ...........butt dyno IMO :D

#31 ·
Exactly what I said a few posts up and I did not even read their site. Hell, if you can't press the pedal 25% further for $300... I don't know what can be said about America today. :lol: I can and that $300 can go to a new tune that will increase power and launch me faster and again I am sure we can change the pedal travel percentage in the ECU.

If people are buying this up I need to come out with a gizmo that does nothing you can't do as well. :banghead: The only thing I can say is Lemmings! :thumbs:

#29 · (Edited)
First, you "chip" lies to the ECU to tell it you've pressed farther on the gas pedal than you have. I believe this is a liability if you were to get in an accident with this installed and the insurance companies were to discover what it does. Gas mileage will also suffer, and you'd likely have less control on a race track.

Second, the PCM has a nearly 1 second delay before opening the throttle body after a shift for a reason. No matter what you do to the pedal our PCM WILL NOT open the throttle body that quick and even HPT can't change that yet, the PCM does this to protect the transmission and drive line from the torque after a quick shift hitting to hard.

When you use the NLS feature of the GM tune, the car messes with the ignition timing so that you're still pumping air (keeping the turbo spooled) but not generating enough torque to damage the vehicle.

You want the same effect as this $300 magic box? Move your foot faster.

#30 ·
Guys and Gals. I have to say this is no scam. I have a Sprint Booster on my '03 Mini Cooper (non S) and it works 100%. The immediate response is there after adding this, and it really only takes a minute to install. I have an automatic CVT in the Mini and if any of you have driven an automatic Mini, non S, the start off the line is no fun! It lags BAD. Once I installed the Sprint Booster it is like a miracle, NO LIE. The get up and go is like nite and day, I was very impressed. I have to say the price is very steep, but if you don't want the lag this is your mod. Personally well worth it to me. I just wish they would do this from the factory, but hey, I also think our cars should come off the assembly line with 1000Hp but they don't :( . There are alot of expensive scams out there, but this is definitley not one of them, take my word for it.

#32 ·
One more thing, I have no problems with my gas mileage, and no problems with daily driving or driving on the track. If anything this is a magic box. Your foot will never be able to send the signal as fast as this thing does. Lets put it this way, I use to stomp on the pedal and almost nothing would happen. The signal took forever to go. This thing amplifies the signal, now it actually goes once I just tap the gas. It is a way better response, and I doubt any insurance company would ever find out it is an in line plug. Just simply plug and un plug no splicing or hardwiring.

#35 · (Edited)
One more thing, I have no problems with my gas mileage, and no problems with daily driving or driving on the track. If anything this is a magic box. Your foot will never be able to send the signal as fast as this thing does. Lets put it this way, I use to stomp on the pedal and almost nothing would happen. The signal took forever to go. This thing amplifies the signal, now it actually goes once I just tap the gas. It is a way better response, and I doubt any insurance company would ever find out it is an in line plug. Just simply plug and un plug no splicing or hardwiring.
If you're "launching harder" you're using more gas. On the track, with this device, you will have less control over the gas pedal. For example, instead of the gas pedal reading 10% to the PCM, it's reading off at 18% (BS numbers), so each millimeter of pedal travel = more throttle = less control.

These guys want to prove me wrong, send someone like shabby or BTF one to put to the test. They come back and say it actually opens the TB faster and does not lie about the throttle position, I'll eat my words and buy it.

The only other way this would work is by reading your foot going down and assuming based of the rate of change that you're going full throttle, and then telling the PCM you're full throttle before you get there. Again, do not want. BTW HPtuners doesn't allow you to change the throttle tables for the exact reason I mentioned, liability.

#33 ·
It really sounds like this thing is just a line amp. Whether it works or not, $300 is a complete and total ripoff. A line amp IC chip would run you less than a buck...

I'd also like to know how much the placebo effect has clouded all these reviews.

#34 ·
The price is outrageous but there is no placebo effect to it. I wouldn't drive the car with out it now. I own a Sprint Booster and I personally can testify it works. I can't make anyone belive in this product, but trust me, if you try this product you wouldn't want to be without.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.